About the Stand-by mode...

DeepEyes7

There is any problem if I never turn off my PSV and just let it  on Stand-by mode? I like to play in the PSV because I can stop at anytime and retake it hours later without looking for saving points, but I don't know if it is "healty" for the console to never turn it off? Somebody had problems with it? Or it is completely safe?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Yes, perfectly safe of course. I own a vita since 18 months, and i have NEVER shut it down. i only use the standby feature.

The only issue is that it can happen that a trophy doesn't pop when you wake up and cannot connect to the network. I don't know how that bug is triggered, but it happened to me at least once.

I'd like to know if there is a way to keep it permanently on since some trophies require you to play a game for x hours

Not that I know. Pretty sure the longest you can keep it on without going into standby without touching it is 30 minutes.

I always turn it off or leave it standby for a couple hours at most.

I suggest you do the same. I mean, logically speaking, there's bound to be a component that keeps running even If your Vita is sleeping, and by leaving it for a long time is bound to shorten its life much more quickly.

This is just a personal assumption. I haven't found much info online, but you know the golden saying: "better safe than sorry."

I always shut it down whenever possible.

I'd like to know if there is a way to keep it permanently on since some trophies require you to play a game for x hours

Not that I know. Pretty sure the longest you can keep it on without going into standby without touching it is 30 minutes.

If you rubberband the Vita and keep charging it, you can keep it on forever (in theory).

Edited by Dragon-Archon

There is any problem if I never turn off my PSV and just let it  on Stand-by mode? I like to play in the PSV because I can stop at anytime and retake it hours later without looking for saving points, but I don't know if it is "healty" for the console to never turn it off? Somebody had problems with it? Or it is completely safe?

Thanks!

How often do you actually turn your phone off? It's fairly equivalent. 

While the Vita is charging, find a way to set it's own charging cable to touch the screen somewhere. That will keep the game/Vita active. If you'd like to read more, look for tips people give for 24 hours in Create in LittleBIGPlanet Vita.

I always turn it off or leave it standby for a couple hours at most.

I suggest you do the same. I mean, logically speaking, there's bound to be a component that keeps running even If your Vita is sleeping, and by leaving it for a long time is bound to shorten its life much more quickly.

This is just a personal assumption. I haven't found much info online, but you know the golden saying: "better safe than sorry."

vita component are designed to work that way.

Would you turn your phone off every day? Would you turn your wifi modem off? Your watch? Your electric panel?

The component are purely electronic and letting the vita in sleep mode won't affect its durability.

• Like 2