PS4 outsells Xbox One (again) in July US sales figures

Finozzi1696

http://metro.co.uk/2015/08/14/ps4-outsells-xbox-one-in-july-us-sales-figures-5342589/

NPD sales results for July show a split decision between Lego Jurassic World and Batman: Arkham Knight as the biggest games of the month.

... In terms of hardware sales the PlayStation 4 was once again the number one selling console, although there’s no clue how far ahead it was of its rivals. However, Xbox One sales were up 44 per cent on July 2014 and 3DS sales in 2015 have been up 35 per cent on the first seven months of last year...

hqdefault.jpg

Its been stated that Xbone sales have gone up since BC waas announced, don't be suprised if the figures start closing the gap, when the BC catalogue expands, especially if Black Ops 2 ends up becoming BC.

I'm not saying its going to overtake PS4, but lets not forget that Xbone sunk themselves with terrible PR and Sony just seemed considerably better by not seeming like an evil corporation trynig to spy on us. After they win back consumer faith things can change.

Edited by Superbuu3

No surprises here. PS4 had the right marketing message and price point. And now that it's more popular, more people wanting to buy an 8th gen console will be asking themselves "what do my friends have?... Oh, a PS4. I'll get one of those too then."

Still want XBone to do well though. A healthy competitor will keep Sony delivering for the rest of us.

No surprises here. PS4 had the right marketing message and price point. And now that it's more popular, more people wanting to buy an 8th gen console will be asking themselves "what do my friends have?... Oh, a PS4. I'll get one of those too then."

Still want XBone to do well though. A healthy competitor will keep Sony delivering for the rest of us.

I think this is an important thing to remember, a company getting a monopoly is a disaster for the consumer, besides rivalry breeds innovation. So though I don't want Xbone to take over them biting at Sony's heels is ony a good thing.

• Like 1

Its been stated that Xbone sales have gone up since BC waas announced, don't be suprised if the figures start closing the gap, when the BC catalogue expands, especially if Black Ops 2 ends up becoming BC.

I'm not saying its going to overtake PS4, but lets not forget that Xbone sunk themselves with terrible PR and Sony just seemed considerably better by not seeming like an evil corporation trynig to spy on us. After they win back consumer faith things can change.

PS4 = 25.3 millions consoles sold worldwide, XOne = 13 millions consoles sold worldwide.

Good luck with that.

I don't think you understand the term closing the gap. I don't think you're aware what the word 'when' means either.

Also why would I need luck? I don't own an xbox, never will and I don't own any shares in the company -_-; , I've platted more games than you've even bought. Please take ill thought out comments elsewhere or don't post news if you don't want people to comment on it. I was hardly starting trouble.

Wow calm down -_- You don't need luck, XOne needs it, it was a joke, you can comment whatever you want.

• Like 1

Wow calm down -_- You don't need luck, XOne needs it, it was a joke, you can comment whatever you want.

Word of advice, impossible to be taken as someone joking when commenting on PS4 topics if you avatar is the equivalent of havinga PS4 tatooed on your face, can't blame me for thinking you're likely a raving fanboy.

I actually wish the numbers were closer together. Sony is getting complacent with their lead and it is leading to a meh generation. With the PS3 they had the same attitude and it hurt them in the beginning. Then they pulled up their big boy pants and started working hard to get consumers on their side and was eventually able to overtake X360.

Now MS is doing everything they can to win fans over (BC, Removing Kinect, releases people have been asking for etc) and time will tell if they can overtake PS4.

Sony shouldn't rest on their laurels, we need NEW titles coming out that people want and not remasters or niche indy games (not that there is anything wrong with either of those but a healthy library has a mix of everything)

• Like 4

Word of advice, impossible to be taken as someone joking when commenting on PS4 topics if you avatar is the equivalent of havinga PS4 tatooed on your face, can't blame me for thinking you're likely a raving fanboy.

He told you to "calm down", is he stalking you? I mean, how would he know you're angry unless he can see you through a webcam? Lolz.......... the internet is just......

As long as they keep bringing their exclusives to windows 10 i'm not seeing myself buying an X1 anytime soon.

You would still need to use the Xbox PC platform so they got you anyway. I think some MS exclusives will come but you'll have to play the waiting games.

I actually wish the numbers were closer together. Sony is getting complacent with their lead and it is leading to a meh generation. With the PS3 they had the same attitude and it hurt them in the beginning. Then they pulled up their big boy pants and started working hard to get consumers on their side and was eventually able to overtake X360.

Now MS is doing everything they can to win fans over (BC, Removing Kinect, releases people have been asking for etc) and time will tell if they can overtake PS4.

Sony shouldn't rest on their laurels, we need NEW titles coming out that people want and not remasters or niche indy games (not that there is anything wrong with either of those but a healthy library has a mix of everything)

I was thinking this exactly. I love my PS4, and I've been a Playstation gamer since 1996, but the importance of competition can't be underscored. The XB1 is actually a pretty fantastic system, and I really hope it succeeds. Satya Nadella's lack of enthusiasm for the XBox brand is actually a worry of mine, as it could adversely affect the future of console gaming. 

You would still need to use the Xbox PC platform so they got you anyway. I think some MS exclusives will come but you'll have to play the waiting games.

Well yeah, but we already have so many platforms, steam, origin, this is just another one to add to the list. But yes the waiting game does suck. Not worth spending 400€ over, but it does suck :P

Well yeah, but we already have so many platforms, steam, origin, this is just another one to add to the list. But yes the waiting game does suck. Not worth spending 400€ over, but it does suck :P

I think for MS to gain some traction, they need to spilt the genres of games for their platforms. I think Xbox PC would suit JRPG,RTS,Visual Novels and Xbox consoles should have Action-Adventure, Action, Shooter, RPGs, Action RPGs as their main genres. If MS does that, it could bring healthy comp for Sony.

The waiting game sucks but it has to happen. :)

I still believe that Sony will get troubles when the developers bring games that are optimized for the "Windows10 feat DirectX12" level, that XBoxOne will reach soon. And when the XBox is firing back, it can just get better for us. :)

Why? COMPETITION! I dont like it to be in a competition by myself, but I love it when companies are doing it and I can take the "costumer = king/queen"-role. :P

Im one of this guys who pick their consoles by games, but we know that many people are choosing by graphics. So when people decide to reroll XBox, because it looks better or has more fps, we will profite. Because Sony as moneyorientated company must do something then. Also keep in mind, that PSN is improving automaticaly then because the usercounter goes down. :awesome:

He told you to "calm down", is he stalking you? I mean, how would he know you're angry unless he can see you through a webcam? Lolz.......... the internet is just......

LOL, some comments are just so  :facepalm:

I'm not a fanboy (I didn't come up with an idea for another avatar so I just used the PS4 logo, problem?), it's just that after everything the XOne is "doing right" like some people say, the PS4 is still overselling it every month.

Same thing happened in the PS2 era were the Xbox failed, same thing happened in the PS3 era were the PS3 won on sales eventually, and same thing will happen now. As long as there are countries were the Xbox have never succeeded like Japan, some european countries and many Latin American countries like the one were I live that nobody knows what a "Xbox" is here, the X1 will sell lower than the PS4 once again.

Could happen, did you not live through the 7th Generation?

The one were the PS3 was the bestselling one eventually? yeah

And also the numbers of consoles sold between the two weren't as massive as the one between the PS4 and the X1.

Edited by Finozzi1696

LOL, some comments are just so  :facepalm:

I'm not a fanboy (I didn't come up with an idea for another avatar so I just used the PS4 logo, problem?), it's just that after everything the XOne is "doing right" like some people say, the PS4 is still overselling it every month.

Same thing happened in the PS2 era were the Xbox failed, same thing happened in the PS3 era were the PS3 won on sales eventually, and same thing will happen now. As long as there are countries were the Xbox have never succeeded like Japan, some european countries and many Latin American countries like the one were I live that nobody knows what a "Xbox" is here, the X1 will sell lower than the PS4 once again.

I'll bite even though I know that comment is for Superbuu3.

Business doesn't work like that, if Xbox one which is sold in 50 - 80 countries sells or close to the PS4 which is sold in a 100+ countries, that would spell problems for Sony. Of course the X1 isn't going to win, even Phil said "He doesn't goal his team on sales" because he knows it would be useless. If X1 can build up a solid reputation before the middle of its lifespan, then there is hope for the next console (if it happens).

Another problem with your posts about console numbers is that you act like PS4 is destroying X1 when it exactly isn't. PS4 is always selling like 15 - 30k ahead now (I don't know what July's numbers are) but before it used to be 50 - 80k. Enjoy your PS4 but don't act like the resurgence isn't coming. Steam is also eating numbers and if Xbox PC is done right, that will eat in as well for before consoles.

Also start posting game related news like releases, events, your opinions on Sony conferences and PSN. If you keep on posting number sales and showing pictures like that then it will be easy for us to assume you're a fan-boy.

I'm actually thinking of buying a Xbox One within a couple of weeks. I'm not that satisfied with my PS4 and Sony. From my point of view it seems that Sony thinks that they have already won (this generation). 

I think Microsoft is doing a great job with BC, the new interface, cloud(technology), releases, etc. I think they are really trying to improve their system and looking forward. 

And like some said before, competition is good. Hopefully both consoles are gonna be successful at the end.  :)

I'm actually thinking of buying a Xbox One within a couple of weeks. I'm not that satisfied with my PS4 and Sony. From my point of view it seems that Sony thinks that they have already won (this generation). 

I think Microsoft is doing a great job with BC, the new interface, cloud(technology), releases, etc. I think they are really trying to improve their system and looking forward. 

And like some said before, competition is good. Hopefully both consoles are gonna be successful at the end.  :)

Both consoles will be successful, I always advise to never go with one console manufacturer. I'd say wait a for those weeks to come and if you feel like getting one, see ya on the flip side. It would be nice to have others join the multi-console race (The best and superior race) :awesome:.

• Like 1