Driveclub Updates

TigressLion

I never minded the weather. I just bought the season pass a bit ago and started to do the DLC's worst trouble I had was in the Elements tour. The snow on the last few tracks really messed with me. All in all I think this is a very enjoyable racing game. The weather effects are done extremely well, you'll be hard pressed to find another game with as good weather effects. Yea they can be a pain sometimes, but they are not game breaking

• 1 month later...

Nice to know that I will never 100% this.. got motivated to play it, since it's the only racer I own on ps4 and have been feeling like playing a racing game, but at this rate, I will not finish the DLC before more DLC arrives.. (currently missing about 80 events, around 220 stars total.. and 18 gold trophies..)..

Still great fun and I expect a new DLC season pass to go along with the new DLC wave..

Didn't want to start a new thread for this: Apparently a lot of new content will be released for Driveclub soon, starting with an update next week.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/10/19/driveclubs-new-patch-coming-last-week-of-october-on-ps4-new-tracks-and-trophies-coming-in-the-future/

Oh my god... just stop and release DC2 ffs...

But... breaking assist and difficulty levels? Ooooh. Maybe? Maybe? :D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Through my Twitter account I asked Paul Rustchynsky about the upcoming updates. The difficulty adjustments patch will go live on October 31st. This is supposed to give people the ability to make the game both easier and harder if desired. This will effect affect ALL Tour events, not just the ones where your racing against the COM. By lowering the difficulty for example, the COM will become easier to beat, the time trials will have slightly easier times to beat, and drift events will require lower scores. Essentially I'm reading this as they are giving everyone a slightly easier quest to 100% the game. While for those that want a harder challenge can raise the difficulty and thus will have a much harder challenge than it is already. 

Then in November they said the brake assist patch will go live. This will most likely be end of 1st or 2nd week. This is something that people can either turn on or off, so your not stuck using it if you don't want to. All this is designed for is to help those that are bad at turning by helping assist the driver in braking at the right times while coming up to and going through turns. 

And it was also mentioned that we have not seen anything close to the end of the trophies list thus far, they simply said that there will be much more to come. 

Through my Twitter account I asked Paul Rustchynsky about the upcoming updates. The difficulty adjustments patch will go live on October 31st. This is supposed to give people the ability to make the game both easier and harder if desired. This will effect affect ALL Tour events, not just the ones where your racing against the COM. By lowering the difficulty for example, the COM will become easier to beat, the time trials will have slightly easier times to beat, and drift events will require lower scores. Essentially I'm reading this as they are giving everyone a slightly easier quest to 100% the game. While for those that want a harder challenge can raise the difficulty and thus will have a much harder challenge than it is already. 

Then in November they said the brake assist patch will go live. This will most likely be end of 1st or 2nd week. This is something that people can either turn on or off, so your not stuck using it if you don't want to. All this is designed for is to help those that are bad at turning by helping assist the driver in braking at the right times while coming up to and going through turns. 

And it was also mentioned that we have not seen anything close to the end of the trophies list thus far, they simply said that there will be much more to come. 

If it really works like that then...

OH

FUCK

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

I was a bit worried that the difficulty would only affect the races and time trials would be the same, but damn, this will be dream come true o.O

Also, November... Sometimes in the middle or right after the difficulty patch?

If there's something I hate is this type of things for pussies that can't play a game. Well I guess alot of people was complaining about it being to hard or something like that otherwise I don't see the point of adding a Little Pussies DLC..

NOTE: This is not supposed to be an attack to little pussies. Enjoy getting a 10 times easier 100% I guess? Bye bye

If there's something I hate is these guys who think they are superior just because they have completed the game :awesome:

Dunno, I don't see anything wrong. DRIVECLUB staff made it pretty obvious that they care about trophy hunters and giving them possibility to complete this point heavy game easily equals more sales =)

And I don't know about you, but I don't enjoy spending crapload of hours just to perfect one track so I have a chance to 3* it.

• Like 1

If there's something I hate is these guys who think they are superior just because they have completed the game :awesome:

Dunno, I don't see anything wrong. DRIVECLUB staff made it pretty obvious that they care about trophy hunters

The real problem is that it's unfair to people that completed the game in the original way and harder way. Trophy requirements should NEVER change for any reason unless there's game breaking bugs that prevent people from achieving a trophy.

And I don't know about you, but I don't enjoy spending crapload of hours just to perfect one track so I have a chance to 3* it.

I didn't have any problems achieving 3* and I even got a few world record with my favorite car in the game.
  • Like 1

The real problem is that it's unfair to people that completed the game in the original way and harder way. Trophy requirements should NEVER change for any reason unless there's game breaking bugs that prevent people from achieving a trophy.

I didn't have any problems achieving 3* and I even got a few world record with my favorite car in the game.

Agreed, the game wasn't really hard to 100% but challenging enough to be interesting and rewarding because some time trials required to learn the tracks to 3-star them.

• Like 1

I don't care. That's not right. If you don't beat a time and get 3* you simply don't achieve the 3*.. Gameplay wise nothing change you can still enjoy the game. Also if someone consider this games "hard" he should just quit playing racing games.

Are you playing the game for personal enjoyment or is it to measure yourself against others?  

• Like 1

Are you playing the game for personal enjoyment or is it to measure yourself against others?

I'm not playing it and anyway I played it for personal challenge as I always do with racing games. It would be to easy to measure myself with others at racing ;-) Edited by Winston

Well, if the required times will be changed, you will obviously stay on top so... where's the problem? :D

It's not about me. It's about the whole idea of making everything easier. Also this kills the purpose of trophies: the challenge. Of course you'll be always happy about this DLC since it gonna give you the possibility to earn the 100% on DRIVECLUB.

Well, if the required times will be changed, you will obviously stay on top so... where's the problem? :D

Maybe it's because they are adding a harder difficulty as well and those that still play might beat his precious times/scores.

But then again Winston, you said that he played this game for personal challenge, so you should be happy they are adding this feature. Since racing games seem to be so easy for you anyway, maybe this hard mode will pose a challenge for you. But who am I kidding, it's apparent that all you care about is trophies and you won't be picking this game back up since you're at 100%. You just don't like the idea that some people may earn trophies easier than you had to work for them, despite the vast majority of people don't play games for the reason of trophies, they play for fun and for the challenges. And that's why this patch is coming out, so more people overall can have fun and have that challenging game.

Easy may be challenging to those who haven't played racing games before and just because they don't start off instantly good enough to 100% this game, you think that they should instead never play a racing game? Who says crap like that? Everyone has to start from somewhere, yourself included. But you don't give a crap about those who just simply want to have fun with the game. Also, this game is rated E for everyone, so the dev's are simply trying to make the game playable and enjoyable for everyone. Lets not forget that the whole point of this patch is for the sole reason of making it more fun and reaches a wider audience, not trophies. So how about stop being a troll and insulting those that are not as good at racing games as you are and be happy that people will be able to enjoy the game more. Oh wait, that's right, all you care about is trophies.

• Like 1

But who am I kidding, it's apparent that all you care about is trophies and you won't be picking this game back up since you're at 100%.

That's why I'm complaining. This will affect trophies and it doesn't feel right to me. All I care is trophies? I don't think so. I'll be picking this game back? Yes if new content get released or if some of my WR get beaten. I already experienced everything this game has to offer so.. I still have the 27gb game installed for a reason.

That's why I'm complaining. This will affect trophies and it doesn't feel right to me.

Well sadly with the update, and any update really, it's always bound to make some people happy and some not so happy. While your unhappy with it, sadly you just gotta deal with it cause it looks as though it's happening. Just remember it's for the Driveclub community as a whole to make the game a better place to play, and they aren't doing this with trophy hunters in mind. And also, I'm just saying insulting those that are no good at racing games is a bit harsh. Everyone stunk at some point or another, and that does include you, so just be mindful of those that may read or have read what you said. No need to go making people feel bad now.

And as for the trophies and the fact that some may be earning them easier than you did, don't let it bother you. You know you got it on what is now going to be considered "normal" difficulty and that's all that matters. You know you did it on a harder difficulty than some. Heck, some will still earn these trophies and do it through hard mode as well, thus earning the trophies on a harder difficulty than you. How some earn trophies shouldn't matter to anyone as long as they are legit. And if you do love the game for what it is and not just for the trophies, I urge you to play it on hard and see how it goes, even if there are no trophies at stake. This is why the patch is coming out, for newbies and veterans alike can still have a challenge in this game and have fun. And yes, they do plan on releasing more content, and thus more trophies, for the game as well. 

• Like 2