Driveclub Updates

TigressLion

A few thoughts about the easy mode patch...

If you really think about it, DriveClub's tours have been designed so that the star requirements to unlock more events are very lenient. You can easily progress in a tour by getting one or two star ranks in most of the events. That means you can easily play every single event in the game. However, you are not supposed to get the 100% easily. I'm so absolutely sure that most of the complaints of game's difficulty have been related to 100% being too hard, not the actual game.

I maybe could understand this difficulty patch if getting to play all the events required some masterful skills but in reality you only need a few three stars to unlock everything. The rest of the game completion should be about your dedication to improve.

So to the conversation between Winston and champ, this patch was actually completely made for trophyhunters. The kind of people champ talks about who don't care about trophies have already been able to enjoy the game to its fullest before this patch.

Is that an EU only discount if you have the season pass or is something similar to that being released everywhere?

I don't think its EU only. The game description said something like that: "As a elite member you can get this content for less." Of course it didn't say exactly that. It was in Italian and I had to translate it the easy way. Anyway I logged in with another account and the standard price should be 19,99€
  • Like 1

So to the conversation between Winston and champ, this patch was actually completely made for trophyhunters. The kind of people champ talks about who don't care about trophies have already been able to enjoy the game to its fullest before this patch.

Sorry to correct you but it was said directly by Paul Rustchynsky (the game's director) that the easy/hard mode patch (yes both easier and harder modes) are being put in due to the mass amounts of complaints that the base game is either to hard or easy. Essentially saying that they are getting to many complaints that it's current difficulty isn't sufficient enough for the game's fan base. So in an effort to make the game more appealing those everyone, both that say it's to easy and those that say it's to hard, can be happy. If that's not enough for you, ask Evolution Studios Driveclub Game Director yourself like I did, he'll tell you the same thing he told me. 

I don't think its EU only. The game description said something like that: "As a elite member you can get this content for less." Of course it didn't say exactly that. It was in Italian and I had to translate it the easy way. Anyway I logged in with another account and the standard price should be 19,99€

Ok, I just read a comment by Paul R and he said that anyone that owns Driveclub can get Driveclub Bikes for less. And that includes either if you want the expansion or the stand alone as they are the same product/game. The stand alone Bikes was mainly developed that way for those who bought a physical copy of Driveclub, not a digital download. That way they can play bikes without the need of the Driveclub disc. So essentially, if you own the base game already, you can get a discount.   

Sorry to correct you but it was said directly by Paul Rustchynsky (the game's director) that the easy/hard mode patch (yes both easier and harder modes) are being put in due to the mass amounts of complaints that the base game is either to hard or easy. Essentially saying that they are getting to many complaints that it's current difficulty isn't sufficient enough for the game's fan base. So in an effort to make the game more appealing those everyone, both that say it's to easy and those that say it's to hard, can be happy. If that's not enough for you, ask Evolution Studios Driveclub Game Director yourself like I did, he'll tell you the same thing he told me. 

Oh? Main game?

In that case, I understand Winston's stance... I can't speak in terms of getting all stars since that's just pointless grinding, but in terms of reaching Legend Tournament and winning it, the game was pretty easy...

My only real issue was the DLC difficulty which was imo more than Legend.

Who cares what the developer says when you can easily figure out the real situation on your own. The star requirements are so lenient that pretty much anyone can unlock all the events. That should in no way prompt an easy mode patch. The real problem is that nowadays hand holding is so prevalent in games that no one wants to make any effort.

The reason I care is because I don't want this kind of behavior to become more common than it already is. If you think about a couple of console generations back, we used to play shooters without aim assists, RPGs without a marker always telling where to go or racing games without a fricking braking assist. So many games are gradually getting ruined by these kind of things. Luckily most of the indie developers still think players as capable humans.

• Like 2

Who cares what the developer says when you can easily figure out the real situation on your own. The star requirements are so lenient that pretty much anyone can unlock all the events. That should in no way prompt an easy mode patch. The real problem is that nowadays hand holding is so prevalent in games that no one wants to make any effort.

The reason I care is because I don't want this kind of behavior to become more common than it already is. If you think about a couple of console generations back, we used to play shooters without aim assists, RPGs without a marker always telling where to go or racing games without a fricking braking assist. So many games are gradually getting ruined by these kind of things. Luckily most of the indie developers still think players as capable humans.

Totally agree with you!

Lol, I also agree. I grew up playing those games as personally, the first game I ever beat was Mario for NES but the second game I ever beat was Contra, and I did it when I was about 7. I enjoy those games that dish out a real challenge. As for you examples, I really hate the aim assist in some shooters but at least that can be turned off in a lot of games. Then you mention RPG's, which is my personal favorite genre, and yea, I hate markers. Gone are the games like the original Wild Arms, Chrono Trigger, or Zelda. Even though in some of these RPG's, they didn't completely ruin it by leaving markers, such as the Tales games has a "diary" system in it that simply records everything you've done and the events in the story thus far. Those are set as a reminder of what has occurred and where your at in the story, it's still up to the player to figure out where to go next based off of the story events, meaning there are no "markers" what so ever in the game. It's just good for those that play and then quit for a few days and then when they come back, they can be reminded what they did last. Then there is crap like Final Fantasy that is very linear and still gives markers, ug.

Moving on to racing games, I don't know much on them but I do know that brake assist seems to be a "new" feature and that it's not seen in most racing games. With Driveclub it's supposed to be a simple red dot on screen and when you see it, that supposed to indicate that you should be breaking for the upcoming turn. So at least the game isn't putting on the breaks on your car for you, you still have to completely drive as you do now. It's just a matter of do you want an on screen indicator of when you should be braking vs accelerating. So I'm actually ok with this feature as it does nothing to the car your driving at all, it's nothing but on screen indicators. So it'll still be up to the driver to actually brake and turn, the computer still won't do any of this for you. It's good for those beginners to learn when they should be braking, that's all. So it's actually not making the game any easier. 

Edited by Champ147

This was posted on the Driveclub Facebook page, if anybody want's to read what's coming up in Driveclub:

This game update makes lots of extra improvements to the game and also paves the way for new PlayStation®Store updates coming November 17. Read on for full details.

Download & installation:

The update will happen automatically when you fire up the game.
The update size is 0.4GB which brings the total size of all updates combined so far to 11.682GB.

Full Details of Game Update 1.24:

» Private Lobbies have been introduced to Multiplayer, to play custom games with your friends online competitively or for fun.
» Private Lobbies include a wide range of customisable options and modifiers for things like; Grid Position, Penalties, Vehicle Collisions, Drafting, Gear Changes, Camera Perspective, and more.
» Introduces a new Multiplayer Accolade. Earn fame rewards for playing online via the event browser or with your friends in Private Lobbies.
» The Club Level cap has been raised from 50 to 55, with a new reward to unlock at level 55.
» ELITE Driver Levels 76-80 have been added, with a new reward to unlock at each level.
» ELITE Driver Level Challenges can now be played directly via a new option in your Driver Profile.
» A new in-game store has been added to make finding add-ons for DRIVECLUB much easier.
» Adds a steering wheel profile for DRIVECLUB Bikes, and reintroduces look left and right on the steering wheel d-pad for cars.
» 2 new Sprint tracks for Glenmorgan (India) and Chungara Lake (Chile). 
» An adjustable 'Braking Assist' is now available to aid those less familiar with the tracks, generally helping make the game easier for novice drivers.
» Includes general improvements for game performance, stability and usability.

Update 1.24 Add-ons will be available for download from PlayStation®Store on Nov 17 (worldwide):

» Adds support for the EBR Expansion (coming to PlayStation®Store as a free expansion for DRIVECLUB BIKES on Nov 17) - which includes the Erik Buell Racing 1190RX, Erik Buell Racing 1190SX and EBR Tour Pack.
» The EBR Tour Pack includes 6 new Events and 3 new Trophies. Collect every star in the EBR Tour to earn a bonus Livery. 
» Adds support for the free All Stars Tour Pack (coming to PlayStation®Store as a free add-on for DRIVECLUB on Nov 17).
» The All Stars Tour Pack includes 6 new Events and 3 new Trophies. Collect every star in the All Stars Tour to earn a bonus Livery. 
» Adds support for the EBR livery pack (coming to PlayStation®Store on Nov 17). The pack contains 5 new livery patterns to customise your bikes or cars with.
» Adds support for this months free bonus livery (coming to PlayStation®Store on Nov 17).

Important developments to be aware of (coming after 1.24):

» More Sprint tracks, every week until Christmas this year!
» More cars, bikes and tours... wink emoticon 
» Easy difficulty for Tour. 
» Extra Accolade ranks up to Rank 10, to give you more to play for and much bigger Fame rewards for completing them.
» Extra customisation slots, to help you change between your designs more easily. 
» Lots more based on your feedback! Please keep sharing your thoughts with us to help shape the game's next update in December!

Edited by Slipknot_rooney

This was posted on the Driveclub Facebook page, if anybody want's to read what's coming up in Driveclub:

» ELITE Driver Level Challenges can now be played directly via a new option in your Driver Profile.

Thanks but you can easily see them from the ps4 game options. BTW finally they added the Elite challenges to the profile. It was boring to search them everytime I had to pass level.

Are this trophies related to free DLCs or $ DLCs?

Free according to this:

» Adds support for the free All Stars Tour Pack (coming to PlayStation®Store as a free add-on for DRIVECLUB on Nov 17).

» The All Stars Tour Pack includes 6 new Events and 3 new Trophies. Collect every star in the All Stars Tour to earn a bonus Livery. 

The DLC is the All Stars Tour Pack.

I don't know, I didn't bought the bike expansion yet, so I can't comment (and Splipknot_rooney post have all the info available, but I would expect that to be free, since it looks like it's just add-on patched directly into the game, not stuff that you get from the PSN store.. unless there's some event DLC somewhere in it that I didn't noticed).

Edit:

Reading better his post, there's 1 event for the Bikes side that you get from the store.. and it's free.

quote:

» Adds support for the EBR Expansion (coming to PlayStation®Store as a free expansion for DRIVECLUB BIKES on Nov 17) - which includes the Erik Buell Racing 1190RX, Erik Buell Racing 1190SX and EBR Tour Pack.
» The EBR Tour Pack includes 6 new Events and 3 new Trophies. Collect every star in the EBR Tour to earn a bonus Livery.

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

What about the Bike DLCs?

Also free :)