Open casting call for a signature

effdeegee

I've been here for years now and see now immediate plans for leaving so, I think it might be time for me to join the group of folks that have a signature.

Rather than make a request in each person's individual thread, I figured it would be most efficient to make one post and have all that are capable apply within.

What I'm thinking is; I'm more than willing to offer to pay money, but I expect more than the cookie cutter, throw-together stuff that seems to be offered all over the place for free (low res image, generic light source for focus, no depth, same neon colours and a few random sparks).

I'm in no way trying sound rude or insulting but, please understand, whatever the younger generation thinks is hip, doesn't apply to me. I'm an old fart from a different generation, ie. I would prefer a rusty old pickup truck over a bazillion horsepower, shiny, fast and furious, drift car. I would rather kick around an empty soup can than have a 3DS. I can totally appreciate the latter things for what they are; they're just not my cup of tea, is what I'm saying. I would rather be Gandalf, sitting in the record halls, reading recollections on parchment, with a pipe and a fat, wax candle than have Facebook and kindles. Hopefully, those mental images will help guide your artistic flow.

Now; the official request.

Size - I would kindly ask that a few samples of differing sizes be made to get a better feeling of what would fit the best, on PC and mobile, and feel right.

1. The maximum size.

2. The trophy card size.

3. The trophy card height, the width of the sig space (without stretching screens).

4. Whatever may be popular or, whatever your creative design tells you.

Image - Set in the middle of a desert, dunes, etc.

1. Not sure if clear blue skies, or darkened/during a sandstorm.

A cracked Liberty bell lay half covered in the sand.

1. Not sure if complete hanging mechanism, broken/collapsed/chipped wood props amongst the rubble, or just lone bell.

2. The bell is large and old. The massive church bells in Russia or Mexico sound close, with patina, rust, dirt, etc.

Rule of thirds, minimal is key, feeling of abandonment or ancient, previous inhabitants are the vibe.

Text - "Tell me what you know of redemption and justice..."

Honestly, I hope that puts forward a good enough image that a fellow artist will feel it and just know.

If you feel like taking on this challenge, please, leave your name and links to some of your previous works only (other threads here on PSNP, deviantart, imgur, etc), I'll decide who gets the commission and we'll hash out the legalities via private message.

Thank you very much for your time, folks. :)

Edited by effdeegee

I was going to make a joke one made up of:
Literal cookie cutters
- Have all the images included be all over the place
- Be low resolution
- Filled with generic light sources for focus, neon colours and sparks

- "effdeegee is 19" with generic birthday cake
-  Nickelodeon logo
- A hip
- A bazillion horsepower, shiny, fast and furious drift car.

- A 3DS.

- A kindle with a Facebook logo on its screen

BUT Parker's image is waaay funnier, since it's technically what you asked for xD

Edited by LeetWolf2
  • Like 2

Hmm wish I had more time... I wasn't even able to enter sotm this month. Your vision is great and can see it myself.

Also for really professional stuff, it's not free. I have a friend in NY that works for an animation company(they do images too, not sigs or anything small like that though) and getting anything perfect for a customer is where the money comes in. It's time. And usually many back and forths. Don't think I have what it takes, but I love the image you put in my head!

Can't wait to see what people come up with. And they could just water mark it to death if they really wanted the money and have you see first.

Though I do like Parkers lol, it would go down in psnp history!

• Like 1

To be honest it feels really weird when someone offers to pay for a signature request. Most requests typically aren't but if you really wanted to pay I don't see why an artist would say no. :P

The first part I agree with. For the second part though I myself think that it's because artists can be really self-aware at times, adding a cash payment for said sig can make an artist really think about the work that they're putting forwards, whilst I understand that this isn't the case with all artists, ones who are just starting out or haven't made a sig for a long time may doubt the work that they're sending forwards and can question whether the quality of their sig is actually worth the money being put forwards.

TLDR if you asked for one for free you'd probably have it by now, because there would be no doubts on quality for money.

• Like 1

The first part I agree with. For the second part though I myself think that it's because artists can be really self-aware at times, adding a cash payment for said sig can make an artist really think about the work that they're putting forwards, whilst I understand that this isn't the case with all artists, ones who are just starting out or haven't made a sig for a long time may doubt the work that they're sending forwards and can question whether the quality of their sig is actually worth the money being put forwards.

TLDR if you asked for one for free you'd probably have it by now, because there would be no doubts on quality for money.

I agree but would add that it's not just a possibility of self consciousness, but also time. How many times will the sig be returned asking for a change. All that is very time consuming. I don't mind 1-2 requests for a change even if it's relatively difficult, but 10 times because money is involved, you then have to weigh money vs time. Otherwise I'd jump on it because I love the vision of the sig, and money lol Edited by Dav9834

I would like to make a signiture for you but it will take a while because I don't have much time at the moment-.-' but when I finished a first scetch I'll post it here or send you a private message. It would be a good practice for me :)

would you prefere traditional painting with pencils or is digital art also ok for you?