Star Wars Battlefront Beta Coming to PS4 in October

Parker

I feel it's way too easy for the Empire in the Walker mode. I can literally just run around the map in an AT-ST for the whole match and easily get 20+ kills before it blows up. So It's pretty imbalanced on that one mode at least.

• Like 1

I feel it's way too easy for the Empire in the Walker mode. I can literally just run around the map in an AT-ST for the whole match and easily get 20+ kills before it blows up. So It's pretty imbalanced on that one mode at least.

If your rebel team knows what to do, they may even be able to destroy one of the AT-AT's in the first attack phase if they've possessed uplinks well to gain the CPU controlled ships that give them time to shoot AT-AT's.

But yeah, basically it's like 8 out of 10 rounds imperial wins.

Not gonna bother reading all the posts to see if you missed this or not, but here is your notification either way. Enjoy the beta.

ily Yuri.

I played it for an hour or two the night it came out. It wasn't bad but it wasn't Battlefront. A decent shooter, sure. In some respects, it's a decent Star Wars game too, sometimes. However it NEVER felt like a follow up to Battlefront 2. The PSP ones did a lot of different stuff but the core skirmish style of Battlefront 1 and 2 was always there, it's straight up gone in this one. 

That being said, the inclusion of split screen is something I can't overlook, and really want more games to include it. If nothing else, I'll pick the game up sometime for some split screen fun. But I'm waiting til it's at most 30 odd bucks, and considering the current price trend of EA shooters, that shouldn't take anymore more than a year and a half at most.

The K/D ratio doesnt mean anything in this game. AT-AT's are fairly easy to destroy if the rebels are good in the air support! I feel like the pick ups are perfect as they are. I love how those AT's are the destroyer machines they should be. Plus it has a pretty limited view and it's useless in the beginning.

Edited by LovesAnInjection

The K/D ratio doesnt mean anything in this game. AT-AT's are fairly easy to destroy if the rebels are good in the air support! I feel like the pick ups are perfect as they are. I love how those AT's are the destroyer machines they should be. Plus it has a pretty limited view and it's useless in the beginning.

K/D doesn't mean much but keep in mind that almost all the kills me or any of my friends get in those things are at the uplink stations so it's pretty easy to defend one with just one AT-ST while someone else in the other AT-ST defends another.

@Sikatiiker   Yeah, with a decent team it can be done pretty quickly, especially if the rebels are lucky enough to pick up an orbital strike or two, those things can take out the AT-AT in no time.

Edited by BhekifaZ

K/D doesn't mean much but keep in mind that almost all the kills me or any of my friends get in those things are at the uplink stations so it's pretty easy to defend one with just one AT-ST while someone else in the other AT-ST defends another.

Meh, AT-ST's arent a big threat. Air support can destroy them in no time. I think it's well balanced in steps that AT beats ground troops, air support beats AT's. I've never felt like the AT's completely control the match. There's so many things going on in the battle everywhere around the map.

Meh, AT-ST's arent a big threat. Air support can destroy them in no time. I think it's well balanced in steps that AT beats ground troops, air support beats AT's. I've never felt like the AT's completely control the match. There's so many things going on in the battle everywhere around the map.

I guess I've just been getting lucky since I still haven't come across anyone who is competent at flying in this game.

After jumping back on and playing this through the night...I think I'm going to pass on this one.   I'll see what people have to say when it's released but I have to say the novelty wore off pretty quickly.  As I said it looks and sounds great but after a while it was just a run-of-the-mill shooter.  I know it's only beta and a few modes but still...   Respawning needs fixed, it's frankly awful and frustrating and while I have been on the winning rebel side a few times it's a bit dull on that team.   The pick-ups are few and far between for the rebels in my experience, whereas playing as the empire swamps you with vehicles all the time!   I don't mind playing both sides whereby the odds are stacked, but it's too unbalanced for me.

I'm not writing it off but I it won't be a launch buy, maybe once the rest of the game opens up it'll be better but as of now I'm not convinced.   I did have fun with it, but once I had my fill of 'pretty pretty' there really wasn't anything special about the gameplay.  It's not bad, just wasn't great I suppose.

Unfortunately the hype for this game has now gone for me, it gets boring really fast the more you play it. The radar system is ridiculous, you can tell which way the enemy is coming from without them shooting. It has extremely cheap abilities that allow legit pussy play, the exo suit is just LOL, and don't get me started with the protective shield...Smh. Grenades are way too OP, you throw one and the blast radius is insane. I love the hip fire and the gun fights are actually fun. Eh overall it's a decent shooter, a few days ago i was pretty certain i was going to buy day 1 but the more i play it the more i get bored and kinda annoyed with the cheapness. 

Edited by Ilumix

Unfortunately the hype for this game has now gone for me, it gets boring really fast the more you play it. The radar system is ridiculous, you can tell which way the enemy is coming from without them shooting. It has extremely cheap abilities that allow legit pussy play, the exo suit is just LOL, and don't get me started with the protective shield...Smh. Grenades are way too OP, you throw one and the blast radius is insane. I love the hip fire and the gun fights are actually fun. Eh overall it's a decent shooter, a few days ago i was pretty certain i was going to buy day 1 but the more i play it the more i get bored and kinda annoyed with the cheapness. 

Sorry you feel that way. I still havent gotten tired of anything and I think everything is well balanced. To me it's not the kind of game that annoys me if I die. Playing one or two maps alot can get really boring for some people so thats why I dont recommend whoring betas xD

The grenade blast radius is a little too much I guess, I've been killed despite I wasnt literally in the explosion, but like 2 meters away from it. I dont think the shield is overpowerd because you cant shoot when you use it. It's great for capturing uplinks. Keep in mind that in the full game there will most likely be alot of other perks so there wont be as many people using the shield.

Edited by LovesAnInjection

Sorry you feel that way. I still havent gotten tired of anything and I think everything is well balanced. To me it's not the kind of game that annoys me if I die. Playing one or two maps alot can get really boring for some people so thats why I dont recommend whoring betas xD

The grenade blast radius is a little too much I guess, I've been killed despite I wasnt literally in the explosion, but like 2 meters away from it. I dont think the shield is overpowerd because you cant shoot when you use it. It's great for capturing uplinks. Keep in mind that in the full game there will most likely be alot of other perks so there wont be as many people using the shield

The problem with the shield is that people use it for the wrong reasons, you wouldn't believe how many times i've been in gunfights and someone will equip the shield. Fair enough if your trying to play objectives and activate a pod then cool..use it( but even that is kinda lame) especially in dropzone as it's all gun on gun. I can see the full game having even more cheap perks, and players will just abuse them. I played 1 game of walker assault and it seemed extremely unbalanced, now that is where shields are needed.

I would probably really love the game, if it wasn't for the fact that I'm shit at shooters on the gamepad. I would love to play it on PC, if it wasn't for the fact that I have a shit PC. It just wasn't meant to be Battlefront and I loved your older bros so much  :(