Star Wars Battlefront Beta Coming to PS4 in October

Parker

Maybe I missed it in there. Ive had a long and hot day... open beta?

I don't think they've said anything about that yet, only that they'll have more information about the Beta in the weeks ahead. I think it would benefit EA and gamers if the Beta was open to everyone but if not I hope they do it like Blops III, have the Beta open to people who pre-order exclusively for a few days and then open it up to everyone else. 

Parker

I don't think they've said anything about that yet, only that they'll have more information about the Beta in the weeks ahead. I think it would benefit EA and gamers if the Beta was open to everyone but if not I hope they do it like Blops III, have the Beta open to people who pre-order exclusively for a few days and then open it up to everyone else. 

Parker

Ok wasnt sure if I was crazy. I just want to sign up right away if its the case

I fixed that for you.

I'll try the beta if they let me but am still bothered that there is no campaign.  If the MP is a failure the game becomes totally worthless with no campaign to fall back on.

Awww, you fixed that for me, how gentle you are. I think the creator want to do a new universe of Start Wars. 

It's 2015-2016, lets forget about the old things and give a shot for new things like the 'Online Multiplayer'. You'll tell me about the beta.

SB.

Awww, you fixed that for me, how gentle you are. I think the creator want to do a new universe of Start Wars. 

It's 2015-2016, lets forget about the old things and give a shot for new things like the 'Online Multiplayer'. You'll tell me about the beta.

SB.

I loved BF3 and BF4 was pretty awesome too.

It's not a knock on the devs or the history of EA or Activision or any other game.  It's a fact of the internet and an inherent issue of multi-player games.  Latency exists and will exist for the foreseeable future until such time that the world gets a WAN that is as fast as a LAN.  

Edited by audiopile

• 4 weeks later...

Beta will commence from October 8 and October 12 as well as it will be open to all players across PS4, Xbox One, and PC via Origin.

Get ready to be taken to a galaxy far, far away! Today, we are happy to reveal that the Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Beta will be available for PlayStation®4, Xbox One and on PC via Origin players between October 8 and October 12. The Star Wars Battlefront Beta is a technical test and will give Rebels and Imperials alike just a small taste of the Star Wars™ battle fantasies you can expect to live out when the game launches on November 17.

Do I need to register for the Beta?

• The Star Wars Battlefront Beta is open to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Origin for PC players. There is no need to register. The Star Wars Battlefront Companion is available during the beta to all players with an EA Account atwww.StarWarsBattlefront.com.

Full link: http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/the-star-wars-battlefront-beta-is-coming-october-8th

I'm pretty hyped to give this Beta a go now knowing that it's open

Still got 1 and 2 up there on the shelf for PS2.

Still got Renegade and Elite on PSP, even got Elite on DS a few months back.

When this was announced back at E3 2013 (?) I was skipping work and watching the live streams for 3 days straight with a mate and 10 pizzas (it was some really good delivery deal they had at the time) ... suffice to say I needed a new roof as our erections could not be contained.

I am fucking ready for this game.

Edit: Also, in case I somehow miss it's release, can someone on here be kind enough to quote me or something so I get a notification, when the beta drops? Cheers in advance if anyone's feeling kind enough.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy

just for those asking where the beta is, its going to be on ps store 10am pst source https://twitter.com/sledgehammer70/status/651911789354053632

for my fellow Dutch(ies) tonight at 19:00 the beta will be playable.

Don't know the download time. but I think it's around 12:00 that the PS store will be updated!

just keep spamming the store ;)

dutch Playstation tweet...

https://twitter.com/PlayStationNL/status/652020256844681216

Thanks guys :)