Pokemon Shuffle mobile out now in the West

TheVader66

Idk why I went for it but I went for the speedup on Kyurem's stage 150. I didn't bother giving it a trial run I just used all items, except C-1, and won with about 11 seconds left. M-Tyranitar, charizard, reshiram and metagross for color variation. (although Dialga would be MUCH better since it's dark blue and machop being a 5th support can sometimes be mistaken for dialga or in some slight screw ups m-ttar.)

Beedrill is now 4/12 though. :D Time to spend the next week grinding out coins. -_- (I haven't been in the 40K's in idk how long lol)

Camerupt isn't too bad I guess. I prefer Garchomp for combo potential though.

Apparently Black Kyurem is going to be coming out soon. 

Surprise event stuff today. Because it didn't appear on the reddit page I wasn't sure what was going to appear.

Infernape is back and costs a heart.

Emboar is also back at the cost of a heart. I found out why some people like it so much...if you give it an SS it gets Risk Taker which is apparently a much better ability than I gave it credit for.

Tyrantrum appears and costs 300 coins. I don't know at the moment whether or not the stage is easier than the main stage in any way...

Mega Abomasnow is back as well.

And some more daily pokemon. 

EDIT:

I don't know why I did it but I spent coins to catch Tyrantrum in the special stages instead of the main stages where I have to S-rank him. :facepalm: didn't even occur to me all that was on my mind was that Attack Power^. Ended up needing a GB anyways since the 55% pokeball failed me. (Funny since I caught infernape with like 18%.)

Mega Abomasnow is going to be a really brutal event. He disrupts with Tyrantrum the most and then some Archeops, Snover, and Abomasnow. I used M-Charizard Y, Dialga, Archeops and Tyrantrum. Archeops lvl 5 and Tyrantrum being level 1. Ended up with 24K without items. Damn shame Steelix can't eat up rocks because he'd annihilate this competition.

Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

44 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

My luck sucked this time with the event. 3 tries and my highest was 71k. I'm not even sure if I will be on the 2nds bracket :/

I don't get those Tyranitar scores lol. I know there is a tutorial of sorts on reddit on how to use him to get those scores but it's a long tutorial.

Anyone having any luck on the weekend meowth? For the past 3 weeks I've been getting the worst layout that there is. I believe there are 3 specific layouts you can get and the one I'm getting is just...bleh.

3 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Anyone having any luck on the weekend meowth? For the past 3 weeks I've been getting the worst layout that there is. I believe there are 3 specific layouts you can get and the one I'm getting is just...bleh.

There are three? I thought there was only one that gave you free 1000 in two turns.

4 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

There are three? I thought there was only one that gave you free 1000 in two turns.

I can't find the reddit thread that had all 3 listed anymore, but I do remember the thread having 3 screenshots of the new initial boards. The very first one I had was different than the ones I've been getting the past 3 weeks. I wonder if teams can somehow play a factor. :hmm: The first one I was using rayquaza/quirky+ team. The 2nd layout I've been using the rayquaza/eject+/pidgey team but the board was said to be the worst because there is no combo potential on the first move no matter what you do. Next week I'll give MMY a go again and see if I can get a different layout. :dunno: (I'm going to screenshot my layouts from now on. Wish I had done that before.)

4 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

The 2nd layout I've been using the rayquaza/eject+/pidgey team but the board was said to be the worst because there is no combo potential on the first move no matter what you do. 

Yea, that's the one I mentioned. You get 500 in first and second move and then depending of the skyfall you can start combo on the second move. Meaning M+5 cost being nullified :)

2 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Yea, that's the one I mentioned. You get 500 in first and second move and then depending of the skyfall you can start combo on the second move. Meaning M+5 cost being nullified :)

I've had no luck with that team. I've gotten less than 7K on each run. I think tonight was my best at 6500 which is really 3900 after the 1800 I spent on Eevee (1600 after the 200 coin reward) and the 1000 I spent on Meowth. I did manage to get another medium skill booster and 2 small boosters though. :D Charizard is now at SL5.

7 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I've had no luck with that team. I've gotten less than 7K on each run. I think tonight was my best at 6500 which is really 3900 after the 1800 I spent on Eevee (1600 after the 200 coin reward) and the 1000 I spent on Meowth. I did manage to get another medium skill booster and 2 small boosters though. :D Charizard is now at SL5.

You should seriously stop wasting 1K for M+5 on Eevee and only use Exp Booster :P 

7 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

You should seriously stop wasting 1K for M+5 on Eevee and only use Exp Booster :P 

I definitely would if I were using a strong team. But I use mainly neutral or disadvantaged pokemon on that stage because I want the 150/300exp the stage gives. I don't get many combos so about 95% of the time I need that +5 to secure a win. (and get the boosters if I end up getting any)

37 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I definitely would if I were using a strong team. But I use mainly neutral or disadvantaged pokemon on that stage because I want the 150/300exp the stage gives. I don't get many combos so about 95% of the time I need that +5 to secure a win. (and get the boosters if I end up getting any)

Just always use one fighting Pokemon.

Ideally max raise Lucario :awesome:

Just now, Satoshi Ookami said:

Just always use one fighting Pokemon.

Ideally max raise Lucario :awesome:

:hmm: The only fighting pokemon I have worth training right now is Throh, and that's only because I plan throwing a SS at him for BB+.

I admit to kinda wasting 2 spots this time with Archeops and Tyrantrum because I'm more than likely going to end up doing just 1 more item run.

lol did my "final" item run with tyranitar as the mega...ended up with 66K, a 5K increase which would have still kept me in the 3rd prize bracket. Couldn't handle that so I did one more...used Charizard as the mega and ended up with 82K. :D I'm in the first prize bracket now but at rank 2696 it definitely won't last long. I knew Charizard would give me a ton of combos. <_< 

Since it's been a while I decided to get through more of Roseus Center. 30 more pokemon here to catch and 32 more S-ranks. T_T I unlocked Walrein though so that's just one more in my quest to get to Arcanine. :awesome: 

That Black Kyurem...
500 coins to play. Disrupts with Kyurem and Zekrom so if you have them, bring them. Tons of HP at 38400. I did 2 itemless runs and couldn't take him out so went with AP^, MS, and DD. Won with 12 moves left but still needed a GB.

I may do an item run on Delibird tomorrow...catching it early brings a better chance of having it drop items. I'd like a mega speedup for christmas please. :giggle:

New Safari as usual has painfully low catch rates. 

2 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

lmfao I can in all honesty say I came the closest I've ever come to uninstalling this game just now. Ran into the holiday pikachu and failed the pokeball and the GB was 52%. I THREW 4 FUCKING GREATBALLS and the little shit ran away. I can't fucking believe this. 

Oh crap. That is some high level shit there o.O Hopefully that is not going to happen to me.

6 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Oh crap. That is some high level shit there o.O Hopefully that is not going to happen to me.

I didn't even know it was possible to throw 4 GBs. The most I ever threw, or saw in a vid, was 3. I am still livid about it because I'm now in the 30K coin range and I absolutely will be doing a 7.5K item run against Delibird tonight. MS Aerodactyl with AP^ and a possible GB to catch it or maybe even more. I don't want to waste the opportunity to get some free MSU's out of this thing for the next 2 weeks. (It ends on the 26th.)

Just now, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I didn't even know it was possible to throw 4 GBs. The most I ever threw, or saw in a vid, was 3. I am still livid about it because I'm now in the 30K coin range and I absolutely will be doing a 7.5K item run against Delibird tonight. MS Aerodactyl with AP^ and a possible GB to catch it or maybe even more. I don't want to waste the opportunity to get some free MSU's out of this thing for the next 2 weeks. (It ends on the 26th.)

I think there isn't limit on GBs as long as Pokemon does not run.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShuffle/comments/5i2avp/week_51_events_jiraichi_archeus_and/

^this does not bode well for me. I need Arceus for those Normal challenges on the mission cards. Thankfully of the 5 silhouetted pokemon Arceus is the only one I need, unfortunately he's going to be costly. At 6 days away I'd need to forget the safari, I need 3 more pokemon, and focus just on coin grinding. 

13 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShuffle/comments/5i2avp/week_51_events_jiraichi_archeus_and/

^this does not bode well for me. I need Arceus for those Normal challenges on the mission cards. Thankfully of the 5 silhouetted pokemon Arceus is the only one I need, unfortunately he's going to be costly. At 6 days away I'd need to forget the safari, I need 3 more pokemon, and focus just on coin grinding. 

Get Arc, he's brutally OP. Especially together with Regigigas :)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Get Arc, he's brutally OP. Especially together with Regigigas :)

I don't have either atm. Arceus will go a long way to making a strong normal team since I also have Slaking. When Regigogas comes up I will be capturing him too.

A decent normal team, for me, right now would be Audino, Vigoroth, Ambipom and Slaking or Stoutland for Risk Taker or Po4+. 
Ambipom's Shock Attack would work well with Vigoroth's Relentless and Audino evolves fast and generally gives at least a few combos.

EDIT:
Since skipping the safari with the login reset I'm already 10K coins ahead. I hope to hit max before Arceus and then continue the safari with the high hopes of finishing it. No greatballs though. Not unless the SCR makes it a guaranteed throw.

Glad I spent coins to catch Delibird yesterday morning. I managed to get a free AP^ from Delibird tonight. :D I'm going to use a +5 moves each time on it simply to ensure a win.

Also, grind coins on tropius for the day. I'm using Beedril (4/10 msu) for quick evolution and an easy way to blast rocks, roselia, winking raichu, and breloom for other rock breakers. I got 2000 coins twice as a prize and have been getting 300 coins from pretty much all stages unless I get really unlucky with disruption placement.

EDIT:
Yeah, Tropius ftw. This stage alone is going to be the reason I'm ready for Arceus next week. I woke up at 3am and have been doing my normal game pattern and I went from 40K to 55K. I'm mainly getting 300 per play and only twice had to settle for 100 coins in the stage plus whatever prize it drops, if it drops anything. I've gotten a few 700's here and there with 2 white box prizes + 300 coins in stage. This is what it must feel like to be a 3DS player lmfao.

20 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I was pretty successful today. Even though Delibird costed me one GB, it's mine.

I met and captured Holiday Pikachu and Stoutland.

The coins will be worth it if you spend them early on. I saw a sort of diary thread of delibird on the reddit page so I decided to make one myself lol. I'm going to post it here when I'm done chronicling the items spent and how much I've gained. Congrats on Stoutland and Prickachu. 

This will be handy to know for Delibird too. Won't put it in spoiler tags so it may take up some space.

Pokemon Item 1 Item 2 Item 3
Delibird (Holiday) 1000 Coins 50% Attack Power↑/Mega Start/Disruption Delay 25% Mega Speedup 12.5%

1000 coins and Mega Speedup are available each day while the item with 25% drop rate changes every day (Attack Power ↑, Mega Start or Disruption Delay). The available item for each day is as follows:

Date Item
13/12 (Event Day 1) Disruption Delay
14/12 (Event Day 2) Mega Start
15/12 (Event Day 3) Attack Power ↑
16/12 (Event Day 4) Mega Start
17/12 (Event Day 5) Disruption Delay
18/12 (Event Day 6) Attack Power ↑
19/12 (Event Day 7) Mega Start
20/12 (Event Day 8) Mega Start
21/12 (Event Day 9) Attack Power ↑
22/12 (Event Day 10) Disruption Delay
23/12 (Event Day 11) Disruption Delay
24/12 (Event Day 12) Mega Start
25/12 (Event Day 13) Attack Power ↑

Also about the stage, apparently HP and disruptions remain same across all days while the initial board may be different.