Pokemon Shuffle mobile out now in the West

TheVader66

I did pretty good on the Mewtwo level but still not enough for the 5 mega speeds :( 

Now I'll go for the S ranks I skipped so I'll need some coin grind again.

BTW how do you get the platinum player card? I've seen some players with it. You need to complete all expert stages?

41 minutes ago, Aexuz said:

I did pretty good on the Mewtwo level but still not enough for the 5 mega speeds :( 

Now I'll go for the S ranks I skipped so I'll need some coin grind again.

BTW how do you get the platinum player card? I've seen some players with it. You need to complete all expert stages?

Yeah this competition is freakin nuts. That top score of 200K must have taken that guy forever to achieve. I'm only doing an item run if I feel I'm going to miss the 3rd prize bracket.

Platinum card comes from having all main stages beaten and all 50 stages down in Survival Mode from what I read. I got to 35. T_T 

5 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

How's everyone faring in the competition? I landed a good score with 81K but these comps get more and more brutal with each one. I'm back to the 3rd prize bracket already. :o

Going to do a run today. Been busy with Mew's EB. Got to 400 and have to work harder to beat it.

Maybe I will go for 450 for the Speedups. But... coins are going to be a problem =D Need to do Mewtwo competition and Tornadus =D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Going to do a run today. Been busy with Mew's EB. Got to 400 and have to work harder to beat it.

Maybe I will go for 450 for the Speedups. But... coins are going to be a problem =D Need to do Mewtwo competition and Tornadus =D

Okay, did level 400, had to abuse the free Complexity.

Got to 25k in Mew2 competition, so that is one Speedup in the bag and got Tornadus. Now to grind coins for level 450 and 2 more Speedups.

Even though I don't know which Mega to use it on now xD

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

6 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Okay, did level 400, had to abuse the free Complexity.

Got to 25k in Mew2 competition, so that is one Speedup in the bag and got Tornadus. Now to grind coins for level 450 and 2 more Speedups.

Even though I don't know which Mega to use it on now xD

I didn't know you were going that far in the EB. :o Nice job! I'm not surprised about the C-1 though. The hp levels get really high after 300.

Aside from rayquaza and red gyarados I can't think of many megas that might be useful outside of beedrill and that's really only for survival mode. Although beedrill did help me S-rank a bunch of fairy stages itemless. :hmm: I'd wait on it really. Tyranitar is usually a good choice for people that have the supernatural ability to take full advantage of him.

22 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I'd wait on it really. Tyranitar is usually a good choice for people that have the supernatural ability to take full advantage of him.

I'm thinking about Tyranitar but... I first need to catch it and Mega it xD

23 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I didn't know you were going that far in the EB. :o

Welp, it just happened =D The levels were easy so I was suddenly at 400 =D

And since 2 Speedups are too tempting, well... why not? =D

I'm actually there now :awesome: Just need to grind coins for the full item run.

7 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Okay, finished 450.

Despite everything I read, it felt easier than 400. 

Didn't even need to use M+5 so wasted 1000 coins but what's 1000 coins against possibility to lose much more =D

Complexity is a godsend on those two stages.

NOW you adopt my philosophy!? :o 

Game is trolling me so hard. I'm so close to beating Simisear itemless with an all normal team. I've come within 2-3 moves a few times. If only there were better Normal mega pokemon.

I hope to stay in the prize bracket I'm in. :( I spent 19,000 coins upping my score to 92K.

On 1/8/2017 at 2:15 AM, Aexuz said:

If I'm guessing right your ending rank was somewhere between 5300 and 5500 in case you weren't online to see it.

Safari...effin Ledian. :angry: Threw a GB at 90% thinking it might be a decent bug type. 50 attack power. :rolleyes: 

EDIT:

I was wrong about Mega Pinsir being next. I figured with his appearance he would be. Houndoom being the treasure in the safari apparently he's the next mega comp. Which is just great because those tyranitar masters will probably rule the event. I hope red gyarados can grab good scores...

Future Content

• Mega Houndoom Competitive Stage
  • Tyranitar Special Stage
  • Politoad Appears
  • Celebi Escalation Battles
  • Winking Chikorita Appears
  • The Daily Pokémon #5
  • Winking Totodile Appears
Edited by Avatar_Of_Battle

11 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

If I'm guessing right your ending rank was somewhere between 5300 and 5500 in case you weren't online to see it.

Safari...effin Ledian. :angry: Threw a GB at 90% thinking it might be a decent bug type. 50 attack power. :rolleyes: 

EDIT:

I was wrong about Mega Pinsir being next. I figured with his appearance he would be. Houndoom being the treasure in the safari apparently he's the next mega comp. Which is just great because those tyranitar masters will probably rule the event. I hope red gyarados can grab good scores...

Future Content

• Mega Houndoom Competitive Stage
  • Tyranitar Special Stage
  • Politoad Appears
  • Celebi Escalation Battles
  • Winking Chikorita Appears
  • The Daily Pokémon #5
  • Winking Totodile Appears

If I remember correctly it was something around 4700 or 4900. So far the only event I've been able to get more than 3 mega speeds :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aexuz said:

If I remember correctly it was something around 4700 or 4900. So far the only event I've been able to get more than 3 mega speeds :)

Hope you're right instead of me.

I'm glad it's an easy week. Definitely a huge relief. Just going to get back to getting coins for the next comp and maybe some more main stage S-ranking.

Arcanine's stage is tough lol.

11 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Hope you're right instead of me.

I'm glad it's an easy week. Definitely a huge relief. Just going to get back to getting coins for the next comp and maybe some more main stage S-ranking.

Arcanine's stage is tough lol.

I'm still missing Lediba from the  Safari. I'm seriuosly considering using a greatball cause he has escaped 6 times already. I'm wasting lives and lives to encounter him :/

1 hour ago, Aexuz said:

I'm still missing Lediba from the  Safari. I'm seriuosly considering using a greatball cause he has escaped 6 times already. I'm wasting lives and lives to encounter him :/

It sucks even more because it's not like you're doing anything useful while aiming for him with the devs squeezing 2 randoms into a 7 pokemon safari making odds even worse. :facepalm: 

lol I used a GB...I shouldn't have but I did. I only encountered him 3-4 times while going for ledyba.

On 1/10/2017 at 0:48 PM, Aexuz said:

Did you end up getting into the top 5K?

I decided to just waste a few thousand coins and get rid of that Heatran mission in Card 5. Had a free +10 seconds and it wasn't really going to go to something else so figured why not? :dunno: 

So focused on trophies lately that I've probably missed out on around 5000 coins from leaving my hearts for a few hours.

6 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Did you end up getting into the top 5K?

I decided to just waste a few thousand coins and get rid of that Heatran mission in Card 5. Had a free +10 seconds and it wasn't really going to go to something else so figured why not? :dunno: 

So focused on trophies lately that I've probably missed out on around 5000 coins from leaving my hearts for a few hours.

I ended a bit more thank 5k. I thought you recieved 4 mega speeds up to 10k? I only got 3 of them, Maybe I misread and it was only for top 5k.

3 hours ago, Aexuz said:

I ended a bit more thank 5k. I thought you recieved 4 mega speeds up to 10k? I only got 3 of them, Maybe I misread and it was only for top 5k.

Yeah the 2001-5000 people get 4 MSU.

After 5K to 10K is 3 MSU.

Imagine being the person who got the rank 2001, 5001, etc...

I'd be pretty annoyed lol.

22 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Holy lord of RNG :D

You know...it never occurred to me to use the Eject++ pokemon since you get the change of getting a match of 5 on the first move. Maybe I'll try that next weekend.

Got bored with meowth so I've moved on to catching leftover pokemon in roseus center. Damn those base catch rates are low. :angry: Only need 7 left though.

Little pissed I didn't wait on Victini until I caught Politoed. Mega Houndoom's stage sucks ass. It has Tyranitar in the skyfall and disrupts with Politoed, Houndoom and Houndour. 

Tyranitar is best for the stage considering the disruptions can be eliminated easily with its effect. No MS this time so using Tyranitar unless it's fully candied is a damn waste.

I'm not anticipating high placement at all considering how bad red gyarados did for me.

I'm only going to try and hit 101 on the Celebi EB. The HP counts for the boss stages past 100 are too much for me especially on a timed stage. Both medium skill boosters will mean I only need 1 more to get Machamp to SL5. Which means 8 more mediums to finish out Hoopa and Landorus.

Used Rayquaza as mega and scored 75k. So far I'm ranking 550th. I'll be happy getting 3 megaspeeds. 

18 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Little pissed I didn't wait on Victini until I caught Politoed. Mega Houndoom's stage sucks ass. It has Tyranitar in the skyfall and disrupts with Politoed, Houndoom and Houndour. 

Tyranitar is best for the stage considering the disruptions can be eliminated easily with its effect. No MS this time so using Tyranitar unless it's fully candied is a damn waste.

I'm not anticipating high placement at all considering how bad red gyarados did for me.

I'm only going to try and hit 101 on the Celebi EB. The HP counts for the boss stages past 100 are too much for me especially on a timed stage. Both medium skill boosters will mean I only need 1 more to get Machamp to SL5. Which means 8 more mediums to finish out Hoopa and Landorus.

I didin't know Politoed was a disruption in the mega Houndoom level but the guy looked extremely cute and I coudn't resist to train him with Victini which I'm glad I did. Plus his ability is pretty good. Nice addition for the water type.

• Like 1

Just now, Aexuz said:

Used Rayquaza as mega and scored 75k. So far I'm ranking 550th. I'll be happy getting 3 megaspeeds. 

I didin't know Politoed was a disruption in the mega Houndoom level but the guy looked extremely cute and I coudn't resist to train him with Victini which I'm glad I did. Plus his ability is pretty good. Nice addition for the water type.

When I saw Pak use Rayquaza and get a high score I decided to as well. As per my usual luck I scored shitty with the "king of combos" when I really needed him. 44.7K. <_< I'm not doing any more item runs until the end of the event. I want to hit 100 on Celebi first. If I do another item run rayquaza can just sit his scaly ass on the sidelines I'll use red gyarados.

I was so concentrated on getting Machamp to level 18 that I just skipped over looking at Houndoom's stage first to see what it was like. If I had I would have caught Politoed, and brought it to Victini. Over the past 5 or so months I've been telling myself not to make that mistake and I do it every single goddamn time. 

2 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

When I saw Pak use Rayquaza and get a high score I decided to as well. As per my usual luck I scored shitty with the "king of combos" when I really needed him. 44.7K. <_< I'm not doing any more item runs until the end of the event. I want to hit 100 on Celebi first. If I do another item run rayquaza can just sit his scaly ass on the sidelines I'll use red gyarados.

I was so concentrated on getting Machamp to level 18 that I just skipped over looking at Houndoom's stage first to see what it was like. If I had I would have caught Politoed, and brought it to Victini. Over the past 5 or so months I've been telling myself not to make that mistake and I do it every single goddamn time. 

I would suggest trying again with Rayquaza instead of Gyarados. I got the 75k in my second attempt with items. First time I got something similar to your score (46-47k) You just need some luck with the Politoed disruptions (specially at the end of the stage) to make some good combos.

Seems like we are getting Machamp full level almost at the same time. Mine is 18 at the moment as well with fully upgraded Risk Taker ability.

On 1/17/2017 at 9:57 PM, Aexuz said:

I would suggest trying again with Rayquaza instead of Gyarados. I got the 75k in my second attempt with items. First time I got something similar to your score (46-47k) You just need some luck with the Politoed disruptions (specially at the end of the stage) to make some good combos.

Seems like we are getting Machamp full level almost at the same time. Mine is 18 at the moment as well with fully upgraded Risk Taker ability.

Once I hit 100 with Celebi I'm going to Ampharos to train Machamp and Politoed. Machamp didn't get crowned this time although I tried like hell. He's halfway to 18 so Politoed will be around level 6-7 when I'm done. Then I'll take him to the saturday Victini to nearly max him out. The increase to the attack power should provide a decent boost.

Once Machamp is 18 I'm using my 2 level up items to max him out. The exp needed at these levels is crazy lol.

EDIT:

Nevermind. Stage 50 was enough for me to know I don't need to keep going. 75 is a boss stage and then 100 I'm not wasting 10's of thousands of coins on those 2 stages.

EDIT2:

Roseus Center finally cleared. :D Dodrio was the more dangerous stage for me. On a full item run I literally beat Exploud in 1 move and my pokeball % was in the 80s. I couldn't beat Dodrio at all without items though. :jaymon: wtf is that!? Used MS and DD and 2 greatballs to catch him at 59%. -_- back to stage 37 for a week...