Why add people just for the number

Killah184

Ever since Sony increased the amount of friends you can have, all I'm seeing are people level 1 adding me. They never get on, play, or chat. This is just crazy. I had to remove about 60 people that just sit there and don't bring any productive reasoning for adding me to their list. Maybe I'm over thinking it, maybe I'm a dick, but it's just obnoxious. To those who do this, you know who you are; stop it! Good day! Rant over

And yes I accept all psn adds of you are serious about discussing, gaming, or general chatting. Don't just sit there.

Edited by Killah184

Signature 'accepts all PSN adds' you're killing me here xD

But OT yeah I try to have as few people as possible because I always message everyone once in a while and play with.

I try to keep up with people and see how they are. I try to do my part by discussing up coming games, what games the other person wants, general friendliness, etc. When I get some psn ID that's "abjudvbkkjbbfv1665" and is level one and has 1200 friends, they can go to hell lol!

Define what sitting there doing nothing means. Because I get deleted all the time, but sheesh, I'm busy playing games! It's like people expect you to message them everyday or something. If you want to chat, then send a message and I'll answer. You can't expect everyone to initiate the discussion.

Ah I had to vent a bit, lol, I obviously wasn't talking about you in particular.

It's cool man! I understand. See previous post for my explanation lol

• Like 2

Don't get this either. People get pissed off after we boost and I delete them. My friends list is public, anyone can see I have 30- PSN friends and that is for a reason. I'm not a friend hunter, goddamnit. Yesterday I got a friend request from one guy that was one of my former friends on PSN, deleted the guy back in October (OF LAST YEAR!!) and he only noticed yesterday. He said I was important to him and shit and I was like "seriously? because it took you almost an year to realize I was gone".

• Like 3

Don't get this either. People get pissed off after we boost and I delete them. My friends list is public, anyone can see I have 30- PSN friends and that is for a reason. I'm not a friend hunter, goddamnit. Yesterday I got a friend request from one guy that was one of my former friends on PSN, deleted the guy back in October (OF LAST YEAR!!) and he only noticed yesterday. He said I was important to him and shit and I was like "seriously? because it took you almost an year to realize I was gone".

People get really creepy on psn. I have a friend who only is available during the summer, so I keep him because for that 3 months a year we generally chat and game all the time. I have a couple friends who I have boosted with back in the day, and keep them because they were nice enough to help me, and I them. So we keep each other just in case we want to get that one online trophy or what have you.

He said I was important to him and shit and I was like "seriously? because it took you almost an year to realize I was gone".

Guuuuurl you don't need him! :P

I try to keep up with people and see how they are. I try to do my part by discussing up coming games, what games the other person wants, general friendliness, etc. When I get some psn ID that's "abjudvbkkjbbfv1665" and is level one and has 1200 friends, they can go to hell lol!

It's cool man! I understand. See previous post for my explanation lol

I see what you mean, one of my first PS4 friends had the full (what is it 2,000?) friends, and every day that number was going down and back up again. Of course until I became one of the deleted. xD I wonder, did that person buy a PS4 for the games or larger friend list?

And they added me in the first place!

Edited by -Dark Mark-
  • Like 2

I try to have as few people as possible because I always message everyone once in a while and play with.

I feel extra special now I know that :P

OT : if you have a few platinums to your name you will always end up getting random requests, but as long as they write a message and actually wanna chat and not just up their friend count then I'm cool with that :)

• Like 2

I never understood the purpose of adding people on PSN in the first place... short of actually playing games with people.  Passing messages around is clunky and inefficient, and actually trying to follow what your friends are up to is... well... clunky and inefficient.  I'm hoping that 3.0 update will give new purpose to the whole thing.

Steam has spoiled me a bit in this regard.  I could flip through my friends activity feed there, read status updates, watch videos and look at screenshots, all day long.

• Like 1

Accepts All PSN Adds :eyebrow:

And there's your problem.

I only accept adds anywhere if the person at least makes the attempt to contact me first.  And that still doesn't really mean I'm gonna add you.  I have honestly added more people in FFXIV but that's from raiding with them, but new players and ninja adders usually don't get added, so restrict who you add in the future and you won't have that problem.

• Like 1