Platinum Rain Day - Ended

Participant #??? Dr_Mayus

1. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PS3) (60/62) (98%) (ready to plat)
  2. Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (PS3) (27/30) (89%)
  3. miCoach (PS3) (8/26) (28%)
  4. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS3) (7/51) (10%) 

These are the games I will be working on for now :) Kingdoms of Amalur is ready to go, all I need to do is get naked and talk to someone...why not :| As for Rocketbirds I just need to find someone to play it Couch Co-Op with me as the stupid game doesn't have Online Co-Op :(

4 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

These are the games I will be working on for now :) Kingdoms of Amalur is ready to go, all I need to do is get naked and talk to someone...why not :| As for Rocketbirds I just need to find someone to play it Couch Co-Op with me as the stupid game doesn't have Online Co-Op :(

That was fast :yay: . Can't you just plug in a second controller and leave it idle?

43 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

That was fast :yay: . Can't you just plug in a second controller and leave it idle?

It was a shockingly short game...even with all the DLC.

As for Rocketbirds I heard you can but it is really hard. It is the type of game where I think you need two players.

My brother was supposed to beat it with me on Saturday but we ended up just hanging out and watching a movie. Hopefully he can do a quick run through of the game as it only takes about 90 minutes.

17 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

It was a shockingly short game...even with all the DLC.

As for Rocketbirds I heard you can but it is really hard. It is the type of game where I think you need two players.

My brother was supposed to beat it with me on Saturday but we ended up just hanging out and watching a movie. Hopefully he can do a quick run through of the game as it only takes about 90 minutes.

Lol, ok. I remember spending hours exploring the world and doing all the side quests. IIRC my final time was 80+ hours. :lol: 

That's a shame, but good luck with attempt #2.

9 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

Good to hear there is going to be a round 4!! I intend to make Far Cry 2 my first victim on the list. Need to tidy up some of the old backlog before servers vanish forever!!

Yep, as long as people want it, I'll host it ^_^ . Good luck with Far Cry 2.

On February 13, 2017 at 6:57 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

Participant #??? Dr_Mayus

1. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PS3) (60/62) (98%) (ready to plat)
  2. Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken (PS3) (27/30) (89%)
  3. miCoach (PS3) (8/26) (28%)
  4. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS3) (7/51) (10%) 

Shadow of Mordor on PS3? You must have the patience of Job. 

12 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I have been told that before. What exactly is the difference?

Also I have the Star Ocean 4 plat...so patience is a Virtue :)

I only platted the PS3 version myself, but the load times were outrageous, and the game ran the way my first car ran. It never crashed on me, but it was hardly up to capabilities of even similar models on the road.

Games for the PS4 certainly need to scale down for the PS3, but so much of that scaling affected performance.

10 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I only platted the PS3 version myself, but the load times were outrageous, and the game ran the way my first car ran. It never crashed on me, but it was hardly up to capabilities of even similar models on the road.

Games for the PS4 certainly need to scale down for the PS3, but so much of that scaling affected performance.

I see...well hopefully not too bad

11 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Oh come on :) I don't want to do this round by myself

Platinum Green Day, Round 4: Dr_Mayus Edition. :giggle: Maybe I'll join again. My problem with Rain Days 1 & 3 were the Plats would have technically been earned in the previous year, and I like to see how many Plats I've earned at the end of the year. 

1 hour ago, DamagingRob said:

Platinum Green Day, Round 4: Dr_Mayus Edition. :giggle: Maybe I'll join again. My problem with Rain Days 1 & 3 were the Plats would have technically been earned in the previous year, and I like to see how many Plats I've earned at the end of the year. 

Oh if I am the only one we are renaming the event  Makin' it Rain Day makeItRain.gif

• Like 1

I'd really like to participate in Round 4, but I'm gonna have to sit this round out. After putting up 48 plats in Rounds 2 and 3, I have a ton of work to do to go back and complete some DLC that I've ignored on those games that I've platted recently. I'm not a 100% guy, but I'd like to knock out some of the DLC I can get to in order to sell some of these games off finally!

I'll still be lurking around, and if there's a Round 5, I'll probably be back! Good luck to those that participate in Round 4!

Just now, Dr_Mayus said:

2 already :o Now I wish I could get that dumb co-op in Rocketbirds done :(

To be fair, both were pretty short. Lol. I don't know what March will be like, since I'll be jumping from game to game every 3 days, in Hemiak's Kill Your Completion event. 

I remember doing Rocketbirds with Konrad. Liked that mode more than the single player campaign. The PS3 version doesn't have online co-op, I take it? 

10 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

To be fair, both were pretty short. Lol. I don't know what March will be like, since I'll be jumping from game to game every 3 days, in Hemiak's Kill Your Completion event. 

I remember doing Rocketbirds with Konrad. Liked that mode more than the single player campaign. The PS3 version doesn't have online co-op, I take it? 

Fair enough :) I am actually starting my second job on Monday at the Taxation centre so I will have NO time during the week to play. I will be working from 7am-1130pm Monday to Friday for 3 months :( Not looking forward to it but it is close to 30$ an hour so I will take it.

Rocketbirds has Offline only co-op on the PS3. I don't know what the developers were thinking.