Platinum Rain Day - Ended

Update: #36

Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Ready to Plat.

That's 10 ready :)
Added InFamous: First Light and might try and go for this one too.

1. Red Dead Redemption - 97% (47/49) Ready to Plat - Trophy Left: How the West Was Won (291XP to reach lvl50)
  2. Bully/Canis Canem Edit - 98% (36/38) Ready To Plat - Trophy Left: Green Thumbs Up (1 flower to pick)
  3. GTA III - 98% (27/29) Ready to Plat - Trophy Left: Hunting Season (1 helicopter left to destroy)
  4. Broken Age - 98% (43/45) Ready to Plat - Trophy Left: Is Something Wrong?
  5. Far Cry Primal - 97% (49/51) Ready to Plat - Trophy Left: Expert Wenja (1 skill to purchase)
  6. Goosebumps: The Game - 98% (39/41) Ready to Plat - Trophy Left: Good Hare Day
  7. Escape Dead Island - 98% (59/61) Ready to Plat - Trophy Left: What Happened, Happened (1 snapshot to take)
  8. Day of the Tentacle Remastered - 98% (56/58) Ready to Plat - Trophy Left: And Then the Universe Implodes
  9. Far Cry 4 - 91% (49/51 Base) Ready to Plat - Trophy Left: Fully Loaded (1 skill to upgrade)
  10. Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell - 91% (44/46) Ready to Plat - Trophy Left: The King of Hell (10 kills left for last challenge)
  11. InFamous First Light - 34% (11/25)
  12. GTA Vice City - 27% (14/34)
  13. Far Cry Classic - 6% (2/22)
  14. Until Dawn
  15. GTA San Andreas
  • Like 2

I am weirdly interested in the methodology of the actual rain day. Did you guys leave easy to pop trophies for the last ones? How much time do you think each game with take to pop/how long to pop them all? Do you plan to pop them all in the order they were ready? Does the padding on total completion time for each plat bother you?

I did say "weirdly interested".

I am weirdly interested in the methodology of the actual rain day. Did you guys leave easy to pop trophies for the last ones? How much time do you think each game with take to pop/how long to pop them all? Do you plan to pop them all in the order they were ready? Does the padding on total completion time for each plat bother you?

I left easy trophies to pop for the last ones (the last collectible, one more upgrade, specific actions that are very quick to attain, etc).

I'm guessing with loading and reloading games across the PS4, PS3 and Vita it should take me about 3-4 hours to knock out my 18-20 games to plat.

I don't really care about the padding on the total completion. I have some games that have taken me a long time to finish (Bioshock, PSABR) so I'm just glad to participate in this event to help me go back and finish some backlog games. I'm more interested to see how far I'm going to climb up the rankings in my country and overall from before to after all my plats are popped!

1) Most are easy, and shouldn't take more than a few minutes to pop. Army of Two and Time & Eternity may prove a little bit more troublesome, though.. Their remaining trophies just kind of happened. 2) 2-3 hours, best guess? 3) I did, but am probably going to pop Birth By Sleep out of order, now.. Want it to be #150, and I have 13 Plats set to pop. 4) Not really. I only care about that, when I have a chance to make it into the Top 50 list. 

Edited by DamagingRob

I got to say, Assassin's Creed 3 took A LOT longer than I expected. So much to do, it's insane.

It's been a while, but I am still alive! Here we go with an update: 

Participant #38: jens108

1. Far Cry 3 (49 / 51) - READY     B)
  2. Little Big Planet 2 (45 / 47) - READY     B) 
  3. Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel (45 / 47) - READY     B) 
  4. Assassin's Creed III (49 / 51) - READY     B) 
  5. GTA IV (30 / 51)
  6. Red Dead Redemption (45 / 49)
  7. Game of Thrones (40 / 49)
  8. Tales from the Borderlands (14 / 36)
  9. Until Dawn (9 / 19)
  10. Hitman: GO (10 / 17)
  11. Total: 336 / 417 (80.57%)

Been awhile :P Gat out of Hell ready.

Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell Ready to Plat.

Did you need to kill 1,000 demons for Plague of Gat with a combination of 2 powers to unlock the trophy? Someone posted that on the PS4 version's guide comments, but I only played the PS3 version and using 1 power was enough to count towards it.

Zskins26 Participant #39

Participant #28

Update: #36

Nice work, added it to the OP :yay:.

For round 1 I tried to leave easy trophies that I could control and pop whenever I wanted to, that wouldn't pop accidentally (for example collectibles, completing an objective in a specific way, or buying something). For some games that I'd already started playing before creating this thread I already popped most of the easy trophies. For Metal Gear Rising I had to beat the final boss on the hardest difficulty without taking damage and get an S rank rating. I believe this took the longest one to pop, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

-Did you guys leave easy to pop trophies for the last ones? -yep, as other said, leaving the last collectible, or could also be leaving a trophy that has easy requirements or close to save/checkpoint

-How much time do you think each game with take to pop/how long to pop them all -last PRD, for 11 games, it took me ~50 mins... could be sooner if Bastion didn't glitched on me

-Do you plan to pop them all in the order they were ready? -depends on you. I did that last PRD, for now, I am thinking of popping them by console...

-Does the padding on total completion time for each plat bother you? -for me... not the case.. cause I don't pay attention much to my completion rate in first place... itching to pop an Ultra Rare Plat in a game you have played for 100+ hours? that is another story... so yeah.. basically my main concern at first is resisting to pop a plat... I think I am immune to that now... panda-emoticon-45.gif?1292863515

hope you join the PRD now, or in the next one...

oh... btw... an update...

Participant #37 Update - JeieeM

First I must say this... Curtain Call - *hats off*

wrapped up Odin Sphere... I knew it... Vanillaware doesn't disappoint... had a blast playing the game from start to end. would recommend to anyone esp to those that enjoyed Muramasa Rebirth.

some mumbling... I really wanted to start Deadlocked earlier... but got too hooked in Binding of Isaac(again!) curse you Beans Challenge! I'll definitely finish you  :shakefist:  :shakefist:  :shakefist:

I like leaving an easy trophy for last but sometimes it can't be avoided. Depends on the games last event took me like 3 hours because I saved 1 Buzz trophy for last for playing 50 games and did not know how many I had done over the years. This year the longest trophy I have is for Dungeon Siege 3 for playing co-op for 3 hours, which will be easy as I will just rubber band the controllers at midnight and wake up with the first trophy done. I try to plan my plats in a certain way as to what will stay on my profile (i.e. every 10 plats is shown). As far as completion the only thing I care about is that it is completed.

I like leaving an easy trophy for last but sometimes it can't be avoided. Depends on the games last event took me like 3 hours because I saved 1 Buzz trophy for last for playing 50 games and did not know how many I had done over the years. This year the longest trophy I have is for Dungeon Siege 3 for playing co-op for 3 hours, which will be easy as I will just rubber band the controllers at midnight and wake up with the first trophy done. I try to plan my plats in a certain way as to what will stay on my profile (i.e. every 10 plats is shown). As far as completion the only thing I care about is that it is completed.

I miss seeing some of my milestones.. When you hit 100, it becomes just every 50th and 100th is shown. :(

Participant #8

1. Jeopardy 44/46 91% Plat Ready
  2. Borderlands 2 68/70 99% Plat Ready
  3. Grim Fandango Remastered 46/48 98% Plat Ready
  4. Minecraft Story Mode 31/51 58% Plat Ready
  5. Tales From the Borderlands 33/36 88% Plat Ready
  6. Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 35/37 98% Plat Ready
  7. Broken Age 43/45 98% Plat Ready
  8. Bully 36/38 98% Plat Ready
  9. Trine 2 11/13 91% Plat Ready
  10. Sound Shapes (PS3) 87/89 98% Plat Ready
  11. Sound Shapes (PS4) 87/89 98% Plat Ready
  12. Hotline Miami 33/35 98% Plat Ready
  13. Dungeon Siege 3 53/55 98% Plat Ready
  14. Little Big Planet Karting 43/45 98% Plat Ready
  15. Lego Lord of the Rings 47/49 98% Plat Ready
  16. Life is Strange 58/61 96% Plat Ready
  17. The Wolf Among Us 34/36 90% Plat Ready
  18. Burnout Paradise 69/98 66% Plat Ready
  19. Gauntlet 36/39 93%
  20. Dark Cloud 12/28 25%

Did you need to kill 1,000 demons for Plague of Gat with a combination of 2 powers to unlock the trophy? Someone posted that on the PS4 version's guide comments, but I only played the PS3 version and using 1 power was enough to count towards it.

Neh, I used any power. My used one was the vacuum stomp to rake in the cash.

1. Driveclub Bikes - 98% 29/31 (Including DLC) -  Plat Ready
  2. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - 98% 36/38 - Plat Ready
  3. Farcry Classic - 98% 20/22 - Plat Ready
  4. Farcry 4 (PS3) - 0%
  5. Uncharted 3 Remastered - 52/59 - 80% - Plat Ready
  6. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - 23/26 - 87% - Plat Ready
  7. Hitman: Contracts - 0%
  8. Hitman: Blood Money - 0%
  9. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition - 93% 49/51 - Plat Ready
  10. The Godfather II
  11. X-Men Origins: Wolverine 
  12. Saint's Row: Gat Out of Hell - 98% 44/46  - Plat Ready

Hitman 2 is technically ready, we got an event going over at PST, so I'm saving my :silver:, :gold: and :platinum: tiles for this date. Luckily they're quick and simple assuming none of my knifes goes missing while it's off :P

Edited by Combatting

Neh, I used any power. My used one was the vacuum stomp to rake in the cash.

Hitman 2 is technically ready, we got an event going over at PST, so I'm saving my :silver:, :gold: and :platinum: tiles for this date. Luckily they're quick and simple assuming none of my knifes goes missing while it's off :P

Ok, that's good to know. 

Sure, that's ok. :D. Added the progress to the OP

Participant #8

Nice work, added to the OP :D.

Participant #39

Since I'm gonna be out of town I'm probably gonna pop my Platinums this Saturday instead of on the 20th. Gonna suck not having those two weeks to push for a couple more plats, but it is what it is. I figured it's more legit to go early than late anyways.

Another one ready, and the two Telltale ones should come along shortly as well. I hope I'll hit my goal of making GTA 4 my 50th platinum and 4000th trophy at the same time...

1. Far Cry 3 (49 / 51) - READY      B)
  2. Little Big Planet 2 (45 / 47) - READY      B) 
  3. Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel (45 / 47) - READY      B) 
  4. Assassin's Creed III (49 / 51) - READY      B) 
  5. Red Dead Redemption (47 / 49) - READY      B) 
  6. Game of Thrones (40 / 49)
  7. Tales from the Borderlands (21 / 36)
  8. Until Dawn (9 / 19)
  9. Hitman: GO (10 / 17)
  10. GTA IV (30 / 51)
  11. Total: 345 / 417 (82.73%)

Participant #39

Since I'm gonna be out of town I'm probably gonna pop my Platinums this Saturday instead of on the 20th. Gonna suck not having those two weeks to push for a couple more plats, but it is what it is. I figured it's more legit to go early than late anyways.

That sucks, have fun popping the plats.

Moved. Again. ._. Hopefully, it won't take past August 20th to get set up, but in the event that it does, I'll pop all my Plats on that date, and sync/post when I'm back up and running.

Ok, good luck setting things up.

Another one ready, and the two Telltale ones should come along shortly as well. I hope I'll hit my goal of making GTA 4 my 50th platinum and 4000th trophy at the same time...

Nice, added to the OP.

Participant #20 masaru-san update!

Went from 3 games ready to 7! I'll be ready by the 20th  B)

1. Legends of War: Patton - 81% (18/21) - READY TO PLAT
  2. Murdered: Soul Suspect - 90% (47/49) - READY TO PLAT
  3. SkyScrappers - 96% (21/23) - READY TO PLAT
  4. Lemmings Touch - 98% (25/27) - READY TO PLAT
  5. LEGO The Hobbit - 98% (48/50) - READY TO PLAT
  6. Bastion - 81% (20/23) - READY TO PLAT

7. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 - 98% (49/51) - READY TO PLAT
  8. Tales from the Borderlands - 81% (28/36)
  9. Volume - 25% (11/25)
  10. Borderlands - 61% (54/81)

Edited by masaru-san

Zskins26 Participant #39

Probable last update before I pop these on Saturday. Pretty happy with 17.

1. Uncharted 3 Remastered (97%) READY!
  2. The Division (98%) READY!
  3. Life is Strange (96%) READY!
  4. Far Cry 3 (97%) READY!
  5. Far Cry 4 (98%) READY!
  6. MotorStorm RC (98%) READY!
  7. GTA 3 (89%) READY!
  8. GTA: Vice City (97%) READY!
  9. GTA: San Andreas (98%) READY!
  10. Arcade Game Series: Galaga (91%) READY!
  11. Table Top Racing: World Tour (98%) READY!
  12. DriveClub Bikes (98%) READY!
  13. Killzone (98%) READY!
  14. Killzone 2 (99%) READY!
  15. Killzone 3 (99%) READY!
  16. Valkyria Chronicles (91%) READY!
  17. Sly 2 (98%) READY!

Fuko is here!

clannad___fuko_is_here_gif_by_t3hshiz.gi

I mean.. an update

some mumbling:

I want to play Clannad for a looong time now after finishing the anime but couldn't find a way to import the physical copy of it. I also made a promise with myself that if ever I would plat a 100% Jap game, Clannad will be the first one. And since the 20th is coming close and with 2 100% Jap game awaiting to be plat, I decided to go with the digital copy of Clannad. And of course, I will definitely play it "properly" on Steam in the future. I do still hope until now that it will be localized in PS3 and Vita though :)

that's it for me I guess, I am planning to have 13 plats to be popped (could you guess why?) and I think I am settled for 8/20. The only thing that might change I guess if I would replace Clannad with other game - depending if I could wrap up Deadlocked and The Binding of Isaac [or Trillion perhaps] before the 20th.

Fuko is here!

clannad___fuko_is_here_gif_by_t3hshiz.gi

I mean.. an update

Lol, added to the OP. I played Clannad too after watching the anime.

Might start making a list for the 3rd run of this event. I have a few games that have been neglected for oh so long. :awesome::ninja:

Let me know if I should add you.

Whoops,  :platinum: 'd Hitman 2 in another event as I wanted a bingo line quickly :P

4. Farcry 4 (PS3) - 0%
  6. Hitman: Contracts - 0%
  7. Hitman: Blood Money - 0%
  8. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition - 93% 49/51 - Plat Ready
  9. Saint's Row: Gat Out of Hell - 98% 44/46  - Plat Ready
  10. Grim Fandango: Remastered
  11. Minecraft: Story Mode

Hopefully I'd like to get at least 7  :platinum: 's ready in time to get me to 120 total. The struggle then is what to make as my 120th  :hmm:

Also there won't be anymore changes sorry for being annoying :P

Edited by Combatting

Whoops,  :platinum: 'd Hitman 2 in another event as I wanted a bingo line quickly :P

4. Farcry 4 (PS3) - 0%
  6. Hitman: Contracts - 0%
  7. Hitman: Blood Money - 0%
  8. Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition - 93% 49/51 - Plat Ready
  9. Saint's Row: Gat Out of Hell - 98% 44/46  - Plat Ready
  10. Grim Fandango: Remastered
  11. Minecraft: Story Mode

Hopefully I'd like to get at least 7  :platinum: 's ready in time to get me to 120 total. The struggle then is what to make as my 120th  :hmm:

Also there won't be anymore changes sorry for being annoying :P

Bingo line? What??