Proof the Vita isn't dead.

TigressLion

Stating that something is "shite" is not really nicest way how to present your opinion :P

It says 'shite for me' which implies that I don't enjoy playing games like this and I think they are shite. It in no way suggests others shouldn't enjoy them, each to their own. I would personally say Dirty Dancing is a shite film but someone must like it!!

It says 'shite for me' which implies that I don't enjoy playing games like this and I think they are shite. It in no way suggests others shouldn't enjoy them, each to their own. I would personally say Dirty Dancing is a shite film but someone must like it!!

I see, but from your phrasing it looked like you were saying "You are British, you shouldn't like Japanese shite".

• Like 2

I'm really not sure why anyone continues to respond to topics like these since it's always the same (and the last few are still open so those could have just been used instead too). The same people claim it's dead. The same people claim it's not. People who have apparently never even owned one come in just to bash it, such as mister "r.i.p. in piece vita" :facepalm: . The "discussion" just goes around in circles. The same gripes (real and imagined) are brought up every time by usually the same people, most of which are if it's not AAA then it doesn't exist ad nauseum, ad infinitum.

Have I forgotten anything?

Actually mister ps vita as a profile pic, check my other account (GoldenWolfHunter). I had a vita, used it about 10 times and left it to die after a lack of games I like. Don't get me wrong, I would love to play Japanese role playing game with underaged looking females number 105 and  read   'play' visual novels as much as the next guy but guess what? Vita is dead for the majority of people because of the lack of game genre variety.

Does the Vita need saving?

Akiba's Trip, Ar No Surge Plus, Atelier Ayesha, Atelier Meruru, Atelier Rorona, Atelier Totori, Child of Light, Citizens of Earth, Conception 2, Criminal Girls, Demon Gaze, Disgaea 3, Disgaea 4, Dragon Fantasy Book 1, Dragon Fantasy Book 2, Dragon's Crown, Dungeon Hunter Alliance, Dungeon Travelers 2, Fantasy Hero, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Freedom Wars, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3, Lost Dimension, Mind Zero, Moe Chronicle, Muramasa Rebirth, Operation Abyss, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Persona 4 Golden, Ragnarok Odyssey, Rainbow Moon, Sorcery Saga, Soul Sacrifice, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Sword Art Online, Tales of Hearts R, Toukiden: Kiwami, Toukiden: The Age of Demons, Valhalla Knights 3, Ys: Memories of Celceta.

Take away all the Japanese games and tell me how much is left. (Proving my point)

Edited by WolfHunterPS

Actually mister ps vita as a profile pic, check my other account (GoldenWolfHunter). I had a vita, used it about 10 times and left it to die after a lack of games I like. Don't get me wrong, I would love to play Japanese role playing game with underaged looking females number 105 and  read   'play' visual novels as much as the next guy but guess what? Vita is dead for the majority of people because of the lack of game variety.

Does the Vita need saving?

Akiba's Trip, Ar No Surge Plus, Atelier Ayesha, Atelier Meruru, Atelier Rorona, Atelier Totori, Child of Light, Citizens of Earth, Conception 2, Criminal Girls, Demon Gaze, Disgaea 3, Disgaea 4, Dragon Fantasy Book 1, Dragon Fantasy Book 2, Dragon's Crown, Dungeon Hunter Alliance, Dungeon Travelers 2, Fantasy Hero, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Freedom Wars, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3, Lost Dimension, Mind Zero, Moe Chronicle, Muramasa Rebirth, Operation Abyss, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, Persona 4 Golden, Ragnarok Odyssey, Rainbow Moon, Sorcery Saga, Soul Sacrifice, Soul Sacrifice Delta, Sword Art Online, Tales of Hearts R, Toukiden: Kiwami, Toukiden: The Age of Demons, Valhalla Knights 3, Ys: Memories of Celceta.

Take away all Japanese games and tell me how much is left. (Proving my point)

Sorry but how does using my signature, which only lists the Vita RPGs that interest me (and that I could think of, which I'm sure I'm forgetting some) out of the hundreds of games across all genres that are actually on it, including some from other genres that I didn't bother listing but that interest me, do anything to prove your point?

Edited by ScutumMagister
  • Like 1

Sorry but how does using my signature, which only lists the Vita RPGs that interest me (and that I could think of, which I'm sure I'm forgetting some) out of the hundreds of games across all genres that are actually on it, including some from other genres that I didn't bother listing but that interest me, do anything to prove your point?

'Does the vita need saving?'

Implying the vita isn't dead then listing only japanese games. Shows the lack of game genre variety. 'Hundreds of games across all genres'? Most of the games on PS vita are only Japanese rpgs, rhythm games, and 'visual novels'. Those that are other genres are  either ports or indies. 

When the company that made the console deems it a 'legacy console' I think it's safe to say it dead pretty much everywhere.

Edited by WolfHunterPS

'Does the vita need saving?'

Implying the vita isn't dead then listing only japanese games. Shows the lack of game variety. 'Hundreds of games across all genres'? Most of the games on PS vita are only Japanese rpgs, rhythm games, and 'virtual novels'. Those that are other genres are  either ports or indies. 

When the company that made the console deems it a 'legacy console' I think it's safe to say it dead pretty much everywhere.

Well I would hope that nobody would think I listed every Vita game out there but I'm sure some will  :lol:

• Like 1

Take away all the Japanese games and tell me how much is left. (Proving my point)

Well, even without Japanese games Vita library isn't bad

There's Uncharted, Killzone, Assassins Creed, Little Big Planet, Call of Duty, Minecraft, Need for Speed, Tearaway, Mortal Kombat, Fifas, Raymans, Borderlands 2, Unit 13, LEGO games, Batman, Resistance, Playstation Allstars, Wipeout, Modnation Racers, Sly Cooper collection + the newest one, Dungeon Hunter, God of War collection, Ridge Racer, Terraria, Ratchet and Clank collection, Jak and Daxter collection + add to this shitload of indies on PS Store, PSP games, PSX classics and games that I probably forgot to mention :P

Edited by Rollers23
  • Like 1

Well I would hope that nobody would think I listed every Vita game out there but I'm sure some will  :lol:

Don't worry, I've got the list of PS vita games from A to Z

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games_(A%E2%80%93L)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Vita_games_(M%E2%80%93Z)

Now I would tell you to count all the Jap games but we'd be here forever.

Well, even without Japanese games Vita library isn't bad

There's Uncharted, Killzone, Assassins Creed, Little Big Planet, Call of Duty, Minecraft, Need for Speed, Tearaway, Mortal Kombat, Fifas, Raymans, Borderlands 2, Unit 13, LEGO games, Batman, Resistance, Playstation Allstars, Wipeout, Modnation Racers, Sly Cooper collection + the newest one, Dungeon Hunter, God of War collection, Ridge Racer, Terraria, Ratchet and Clank collection, Jak and Daxter collection + add to this shitload of indies on PS Store, PSP games, PSX classics and games that I probably forgot to mention :P

Uncharted was good

Killzone was good

AC was hated by many

LBP was good

Cod was bad

Minecraft you can get everywhere

NFS was good

Tearaway was good

MK was a port

Fifa's are the same every year

Rayman again, could get everywhere else and a port

Borderlands 2 was bad

Unit 13 was good

LEGO games suck on the vita

Batman wasn't very good

Resistance was bad

PS ALL Stars was a port

Wipeout was good

Modnation meh

Sly was a port

God of war collection was a port

Ridge racer meh

Terraria port

J&D port

shitload of indies

You guys know that the number of games you like doesn't decide whether it's dead or not? If the Vita had a shit load of generic FPS games, and a small selection of JRPGs, how many of you would consider it dead?

It's dead because it isn't selling in the U.S, and it's being destroyed by the 3DS in Japan (where it's doing "well"). If a restaurant opens up, and only sells 2 different things, it's not going to do well. Sure, you may love those 2 things, and eat them all the time. But it's still losing money month after month, and definitely dying.

• Like 1

This discussion is getting stupid guys. "Dead" or "alive" is a stupid and meaningless argument to have, not least a false dichotomy.

If you enjoy portable gaming and Vita has the games you like to play, then it's "alive". If you don't like the games it has on offer, then it's "dead". There, I just summarised the last 3 or so pages of the thread.

Fact is, the Vita has under-performed. Sony wanted a repeat of the 80M PSP units sold and it didn't happen.

I agree with Extra Credits that the Vita is too good for its own good. Because it could produce near PS3 level graphics, development costs for it were so high that third party developers wanted to wait and see how well it would sell before making their games. With little third party support, it didn't sell well. Downward spiral ensued. 

Those of us who like the Vita are, rightly, grateful that indies and Japan continue to develop for it. But at the end of the day, if the Vita stopped existing tomorrow, we would go somewhere else to get those games because a system doesn't make the games, the games make the system. 

Both sides to this argument have a point, but those points boil down to little more than "I like the games the Vita has" and "I don't". Neither is incorrect because they are an expression of preference.

So... can we please stop being childish about this?

Edit: These comments come from a guy with a backlog of 6 or 7 screens full of Vita games, in case that's relevant. Mostly a mix of indies, PS2 re-releases, one or two Japanese games, and a smattering of "AAA" games produced in the "West".

Edited by StrickenBiged
  • Like 1

I hadn't touched my Vita in over a year up until about a month ago. Now my Vita backlog has exploded and I'm happy that I can finally play it more. You know why? J-Games. I have Satoshi, Makise, and and a few others to thank for that, and I'm glad I listened to their opinions. Now I get to play even more games that I might have brushed aside as "Stupid" or "Doesn't have a plot" as some in this thread think. I wonder what some of you thought when back in the day when games just dropped you in a world and said "Ok there you go, do whatever you want." Of course we all have our own opinions, and we can argue about it all day, but when it comes down to it, there are two types of Vita owners. Those who think its dead and don't want to expand their video game horizon, and those of us who have. In my opinion the Vita is very much alive, it just depends on the persons perspective.

That's the problem with the vita though, it offers very little to those who have no interest in Japanese Anime games (except maybe indie games). 

• Like 2

This discussion is getting stupid guys. "Dead" or "alive" is a stupid and meaningless argument to have, not least a false dichotomy.

If you enjoy portable gaming and Vita has the games you like to play, then it's "alive". If you don't like the games it has on offer, then it's "dead". There, I just summarised the last 3 or so pages of the thread.

Fact is, the Vita has under-performed. Sony wanted a repeat of the 80M PSP units sold and it didn't happen.

I agree with Extra Credits that the Vita is too good for its own good. Because it could produce near PS3 level graphics, development costs for it were so high that third party developers wanted to wait and see how well it would sell before making their games. With little third party support, it didn't sell well. Downward spiral ensued. 

Those of us who like the Vita are, rightly, grateful that indies and Japan continue to develop for it. But at the end of the day, if the Vita stopped existing tomorrow, we would go somewhere else to get those games because a system doesn't make the games, the games make the system. 

Both sides to this argument have a point, but those points boil down to little more than "I like the games the Vita has" and "I don't". Neither is incorrect because they are an expression of preference.

So... can we please stop being childish about this?

gg m8 you ended it.

EDIT: Just putting the key things about your thoughts and facts in bold.

Edited by WolfHunterPS
  • Like 2