Proof the Vita isn't dead.

TigressLion

I'm keeping an eye out for the Summon Night 5 since the localization was announced. Can't believe it took so many years for main line title to make it across. A pity that the darker "sister" series, Black\Matrix, will most likely stay Japan only forever.

And before that I was stoked to finally play Brandish: Dark Revenant.

PSP still somewhat thrives in Japan, I remember being very jealous of the games they've got during last five years. Mainly - Shining games.

Edited by NetEntity

Wait... how is developing a game for PSP proof that Vita isn't dead?

If companies are still making games for PSP this long down the road, we can only assume the vita has at least 5-6+ years of game releases. 5+ years of games to cone doesn't sound dead to me.

Also for the Vita to die, it's predecessor needs to die first. Since the PSP is still having releases it isn't officially "dead" per se, hence Vita still alive.

Well EA were releasing FIFA games until 2013 for the PS2, doesn't mean the PS2 wasn't dead.

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it still make a noise. Yes, just because no one is around or cares doesn't make the tree or sound cease to exist.

If companies are still making games for PSP this long down the road, we can only assume the vita has at least 5-6+ years of game releases. 5+ years of games to cone doesn't sound dead to me.

Also for the Vita to die, it's predecessor needs to die first. Since the PSP is still having releases it isn't officially "dead" per se, hence Vita still alive.

Well okay, but Japan develops games for Vita more rapidly than I play J-games so... by this idea, Vita is not dead and... we all know that =D

Like, it's obvious Vita is not dead, it's just inside joke for Vita fans and alternative way how to say "I don't like Japanese games" for casuals =)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 3

Wait... how is developing a game for PSP proof that Vita isn't dead?

My exact same thought......

I'm joining the club too.

Op, you should elaborate your point some more.

Edited by Lord_of_Ra
  • Like 1

That's the same as saying the dreamcast isn't dead just because indie devs are making games for it

Actually, it's more like saying the SNES isn't dead because indies are developing for the Dreamcast.

The difference is that Mario has no plot while Senran Kagura has a story.

Oh, i can think of many other differences.

See, you guys joke about this, but it's true. Whether you want to admit it or not, a console can't survive long without the casual fanbase. The Vita can have as many obscure Japanese games it wants, but it won't make Sony any money until they start getting AAA games on it. You think the DS sells because of great JRPGS? It sells because of Mario and Pokemon, which are games that everyone and their mom's play.

In the western market, sure. But as far as I know the Vita is selling perfectly fine in Japan/Asia itself.

Also Pokemon is a JRPG...

Edited by Makise Kurisu
  • Like 2

Oh for fuck sake the vita isnt dead. It just not getting enough love. People say its dead because they have no interest hate japanese and indie title games. It disgusts me. Also the game summon nights 5 was made back in 2013. Theyre only localize the game for their fanbase community on the west. Funny thing about it is that I preordered the limited edition weeks ago. Theyre only making a limited number of quantity of those who preorder. The regular game itself will be digital only.  =P

Edited by Ichiban-Hybrid

In the western market, sure. But as far as I know the Vita is selling perfectly fine in Japan/Asia itself.

Also Pokemon is a JRPG...

It is doing well in Japan, but it's still being destroyed 3:1 there, by the 3DS. Considering that's their biggest market, and they are nowhere near the competition, that's still not good.

And yes, Pokemon is a JRPG. But it's also Pokemon. Everyone buys everything Pokemon, because nostalgia mostly. Sony can make a JRPG with the same concept and gameplay, and won't sell as well as Pokemon because it's not Pokemon.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not hating on the Vita. I think, hardware wise, it's the best handheld yet. I'm just saying that it can't be successful until it captures the casual audience.

• Like 3