Spec Ops The Line or PS Vita?

DanielVT

Spec Ops The Line or PS Vita?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Ok, I find myself in a dilemma. I pre-ordered (in full which is around 65 dollars) Spec Ops The Line. It looked like a really cool game, and I have not bought a brand-new game since last fall's epic holiday season. That comes out tomorrow. Anyway,...

• Get Spec Ops The Line now, and get the Vita by the end of the month (hopefully).
    • Cancel the Spec Ops pre-order and get the Vita within a week or so.

Ok, I find myself in a dilemma. I pre-ordered (in full which is around 65 dollars) Spec Ops The Line. It looked like a really cool game, and I have not bought a brand-new game since last fall's epic holiday season. That comes out tomorrow. Anyway, I also have saved up around 260 dollars with over a hundred more dollars coming in the next week or so. If I cancel my pre-order, I can get the 100 dollar memory card (I am going to buy digitally for the system I believe), the system, and a case and screen protectors. Now this is if I cancel Spec Ops The Line. What should I do? I just cannot decide. I could wait for Spec Ops to drop in price and get it used, and get the Vita within a week or two, or push off the Vita and pickup Spec Ops The Line within this week. I have gone over this so much that I am seriously going to take a vote, and whichever option wins is what I shall do. So with that said, vote away and thanks for helping to make up my mind.

VITA!!!!!

I've had nothing but great fun with mine and I personally feel you will get much more enjoyment out of it and the titles it has over one game. I know you love your Resistance, so pick up a Vita and some Burning Skies and be a happy man. B)

Parker

Edited by Parker

Wow! Thanks for the great responses so far! I think I get where this is going.....If the guy I work for would just pay me (he's owed me for months) I'll have the Vita next Wednesday. I only work with him a bit once a week, but still as a 17 year old, money is money and I am getting impatient! Can't wait to play Burning Skies regardless of how critics trashed it ( I have loved so many games that critics trash) and Motorstorm (got it for free), also Uncharted Golden Abyss will be close to follow. :)

Go with the Vita.

I seem to remember you saying that you have a huge backlog of games to play. Play those and wait on the inevitable price drop on Spec Ops.

That's what I'd do. :D

Indeed I do (great job remembering that lol)! :highfive:

I'm also on the Vita side. I loved Uncharted and Resistance ( I even played the mp for a while after trophies) and so far its been great.

So you as well liked Resistance? It got trashed by critics (as I have said before) but the reviewers that I trust the most, gametrailers.com, gave it I think an 8.1/10. It looks great to me.

I've done more calculations, and I have put aside over 300 dollars. The only problem is that the guy still is not paying me yet, and after this week he will owe me way over 100 dollars more dollars. I don't want to have a serious discussion with him, but I am tired of being patient and understanding, especially when it is standing in the way of me and my Vita!!!!!!! lol :P Once again, thanks for the great responses. I think my mind is almost set.

So you as well liked Resistance? It got trashed by critics (as I have said before) but the reviewers that I trust the most, gametrailers.com, gave it I think an 8.1/10. It looks great to me.

My only real complaint with the game is the campaign length. I finished the campaign in a day. leaving only the mp. I'm not the biggest fan of competative MP so I didn't stick to it very long but I did play it for a few days, after I got my plat. A neat feature is if you use you NEAR ( a feature on the Vita) you get xp bonuses you can download if you have friends who also have vitas and resistance BS

Edited by Oscar

My only real complaint with the game is the campaign length. I finished the campaign in a day. leaving only the mp. I'm not the biggest fan of competative MP so I didn't stick to it very long but I did play it for a few days, after I got my plat. A neat feature is if you use you NEAR ( a feature on the Vita) you get xp bonuses you can download if you have friends who also have vitas and resistance BS

Sounds rather fun. Only problem is that I am not an AT&T user, so I am just getting the Wi-Fi version. I also live 45 minutes from the biggest city in Vermont, so I don't see myself using those features unfortunately. Can't wait to play a portable Resistance title AND to get the shiny platinum trophy!!! :D

Wow, just when I was all ready to get the Vita, my boss tells me that he can't pay me the full amount that he owes me, and it will be a few weeks before he can even though I work with him weekly. With that said, this entire poll becomes irrelavant. I am so dissapointed that I have to wait even longer. It really sucks. I guess I will be picking up Spec Ops The Line today and maybe Linkin Park Living Things. This does not make me very happy....at all. Now it will probably be late July before I get the Vita. Giving the irregular payment installments, I cannot even be sure of that. Still though, I will be getting the 32G memory card and a hard shell case and screen protectors today. So there is that. :)

Wow, just when I was all ready to get the Vita, my boss tells me that he can't pay me the full amount that he owes me, and it will be a few weeks before he can even though I work with him weekly. With that said, this entire poll becomes irrelavant. I am so dissapointed that I have to wait even longer. It really sucks. I guess I will be picking up Spec Ops The Line today and maybe Linkin Park Living Things. This does not make me very happy....at all. Now it will probably be late July before I get the Vita. Giving the irregular payment installments, I cannot even be sure of that. Still though, I will be getting the 32G memory card and a hard shell case and screen protectors today. So there is that. :)

Might I suggest the "trigger grip" case for your Vita. I got one and I love it. I have large hands and it make it much easier to hold. It was about 18 bucks at gamestop. I haven't spotted them anywhere else.

Might I suggest the "trigger grip" case for your Vita. I got one and I love it. I have large hands and it make it much easier to hold. It was about 18 bucks at gamestop. I haven't spotted them anywhere else.

It is not at the top of my list, but I will most certainly keep it in mind as I too have larger hands! ;) Thanks ever so much for suggesting it. :D

I know you say I am "stalking you" (you're everywhere in this board), but this time I will offer some good advice. Note that I do not own a Vita OR Spec Ops: The Line. Spec Ops is dropping in price FAST, I'm going to pick it up for $25 on Amazon (for PC) on July 1st, and the Vita has no games right now. My advice would be to get neither, but if you have to pick, definitely go with the Vita.

I know you say I am "stalking you" (you're everywhere in this board), but this time I will offer some good advice. Note that I do not own a Vita OR Spec Ops: The Line. Spec Ops is dropping in price FAST, I'm going to pick it up for $25 on Amazon (for PC) on July 1st, and the Vita has no games right now. My advice would be to get neither, but if you have to pick, definitely go with the Vita.

Yep, it's obvious you don't have a Vita.

Off the top of my head games worth playing...

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Escape Plan

Plants Vs. Zombies

Hot Shots Golf

ModNation Racers

Ninja Gaiden

Super Stardust Delta

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

Rayman Origins

Wipeout 2048

Touch My Katamari

Damn that's a lot of games for something that has no games. Now maybe you personally don't feel any of those are worth purchasing the system for, but that is entirely different than a system having no games.

Parker

Yep, it's obvious you don't have a Vita.

Off the top of my head games worth playing...

Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Escape Plan

Plants Vs. Zombies

Hot Shots Golf

ModNation Racers

Ninja Gaiden

Super Stardust Delta

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

Rayman Origins

Wipeout 2048

Touch My Katamari

Damn that's a lot of games for something that has no games. Now maybe you personally don't feel any of those are worth purchasing the system for, but that is entirely different than a system having no games.

Parker

The one game on that list I would buy is Uncharted: Golden Abyss. Again, in my mind, Vita has no games.

EDIT: Also, MAYBE Super Stardust and ModNation Racers.

Edited by xBiG_BoSS-911x

Wow, I can't believe Amazon is so cheap. I picked up Spec Ops today, and I flat out am loving it. I don't know if I have ever played a third person shooter so original (barring Uncharted). It is a fantastic and haunting game. Oh, I agree that there are not a ton of games for the Vita, but there are enough titles for me to warrant getting the system. Resistance: Burning Skies, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Unit 13. I would happily get the system for those games alone. Not to mention the upcoming Assassin's Creed: Liberation and Call of Duty Black Ops Declassified. If you are not a shooter fan, then maybe the system is not a must, but for me it is. Today I bought an 8G memory card, the vault case, screen protectors, and Resistance: BS. I am all set, I just need the system..........if only my boss could just pay me already!!! Oh, BTW, you are right as well, I am everywhere on this site. I try to be very active lol. I don't think you are stalking me to cause trouble. I appreciate your suggestions, and as I said before, no hard feelings. Pretend that whatever happened between us never did. Have a good night. :)