Nintendo blames you for not being impressed by their E3 conference

Lady Lilith

God dammit why would we be impressed? Nintendo hardly every gives us games that are as good as the 360 and the PS3, online or campain. And unless they're going to make games with awards like Trophys or Achievements, then they will never attract the hardcore gamer.

Edited by navep9

Strange, I was pleased with Sony and Ubisoft's conference, but was left wanting a while lot more with Nintendo. Hell, maybe it is my fault, maybe I shouldn't have decided to expect more from Nintendo and realized they were going to stick with the casual market.

Nintendo need to make the people happy who MADE them the success they are today. I bought a NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube. I'm a huge fan of Nintendo and would love to see them back to what they used to be, How about instead of listening to gamers who only bought a Wii for it's motion gimmick, listen to gamers like me who have bought all your great consoles and games and listen to what would make me purchase a WiiU.

Parker

Nintendo has had their head up their ass ever since they changed their mind over that "other" company making a CD add-on drive for the SNES.

Nintendo has had their head up their ass ever since they changed their mind over that "other" company making a CD add-on drive for the SNES.

True, however I did love the N64 and I though the Gamecube was great as well. I felt they were still making great, new, innovative series with the Gamecube but just stopped when the Wii was released.

Parker

Jeez, Nintendo, stop giving me more reasons not to get your silly WiiU. The Wii was already lackluster enough, with only five or so good games. For having in my opinion the most iconic and coolest franchises, they just don't do anything cool anymore. More money for PS3 games I guess.

It wasn't us 'hardcores' that were begging for a new Pikmin and Mario game. I think we all knew it was inevitable that those franchises were going to show up. We were asking for the exact opposite. We were asking for new IP's from 3rd party developers, not ports of existing games, footage of games that are releasing on all 3 consoles, and "well duh" 1st party announcements. If Nintendo thinks that announcements about their 1st party games are going to blow our (by our I mean gamers that couldn't care less about the Wii and WiiU) socks off then it shows just how out of touch they are really becoming.

When Sony announces a new GoW, Playstation fanboys get really excited and everyone else goes meh. When Microsoft announces a new Halo, Xbox fanboys get super excited and everyone else goes meh. Wonder if Nintendo will figure out that announcing a new Mario game will make Nintendo fanboys fuh-reak out while everyone else goes... meh.

Pffft. They blame us for why their E3 presentation was boring? It was so directed that most people I know who watched it was doing something else while they spent 20 minutes talking about how the new Luigi's mansion was going to play. I managed to nap in the middle of the Nintendo Land presentation.

Sorry Nintendo. Once the next gen hardware from Sony or Microsoft comes out, you guys will be playing catch up once more. No matter what, you guys will be playing catch up.

LOL, maybe he should listen to what people are saying. Yes maybe we can be a little hard to please but the WiiU doesn't compare to even the PS3 or 360.

Sooo true. People don't give a flip about a next/last-gen system that does nothing we have not seen before. Yes some of the ways they use the controller are rather interesting, but nowhere near enough to getting me a hardcore gamer to leave Sony. Sony has always provided the best experiences, and they LISTEN to the gamer. I thought Sony's press conference was the best of the Big 3. I may be biased (ok, I am loyal for life Sony fanboy), but even though they did not show enough of the Vita, they still showed alot of games and kept the attention on the PS3 which I appreciate. It was not perfect, but it was MUCH better than Microsoft's. All MS did that was interesting was BLOPSII and Splinter Cell. After that it was boring, oh it was entertaining to see Usher make a fool of himself t!! :P As for Nintendo, they did a great job catering to their fanbase.....(no offense) but the older people that use the Wii as an exercise tool. Oh wait, they did a bad job at that as well......NVM I digress. lol

• 4 weeks later...