Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

Not to bash on Project Platinum threads but I think we got to the point where there's more focus going towards quantity rather than quality. There has to be a limit otherwise, PP will lose its uniqueness. I know I make no sense but it seems like anyone is allowed to come up with whatever name they want for a project and add whatever that is related to that name. They're getting redundant. You might as well do a project platinum "Every game on every system"   

What PPs are you thinking of when you say quantity rather than quality and what is needed for a PP to be a quality PP? Do they need Flavor text? Do they need unique text for the titles and stuff? 

Not to bash on Project Platinum threads but I think we got to the point where there's more focus going towards quantity rather than quality. There has to be a limit otherwise, PP will lose its uniqueness. I know I make no sense but it seems like anyone is allowed to come up with whatever name they want for a project and add whatever that is related to that name. They're getting redundant. You might as well do a project platinum "Every game on every system"   

Ultimately we will run out of ideas to make PPs. Actually, i think that once the current waiting list is done, there won't be many more threads following.

I have a question, and I don't know if it's been answered or not, but is there a way to see which PPs each person has signed up for? 

There is always the leaderboard... But no, there is no clear overview. I suppose it's up to you to determine which threads you want to get involved in and which goal you'd like to achieve.

Edited by Zone Hunter

@Zone it's not about which threads I would like to get involved in, but rather which ones I have already joined and how many points I have within the threads i'm in. I know that there are methods I can use to make things easier for me, but as well I would like to know which threads other people have joined and where they get their points from. Who knows, maybe one day I will reach the top 5 in the leaderboard  :awesome:

@Zone it's not about which threads I would like to get involved in, but rather which ones I have already joined and how many points I have within the threads i'm in. I know that there are methods I can use to make things easier for me, but as well I would like to know which threads other people have joined and where they get their points from. Who knows, maybe one day I will reach the top 5 in the leaderboard  :awesome:

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1

these are probably the PP you have joined

edit: aaaand once linked it doesn't work anymore, :facepalm:

the points... well, those you have to count them by yourself

I made an ODS file with my platinums and my position in each PP and I can easily see my points :dunno:

Edited by Doctor Doom

Ok so I have counted the points in the PPs that I'm in, and I don't know if this is right, but I got a total of 27 points if we are going with the normal point system (1 point: bronze, 2: silver, 6: gold, 12: platinum):

Killzone PP (gold rank - 6)

Hyperdimension Neptunia PP (silver rank - 2)

Final Fantasy PP (bronze rank - 1)

Baka Hentai! PP (bronze rank - 1)

Choice & Consequence PP (silver rank - 2)

Shounen Jump PP (bronze rank - 1)

God of War PP (platinum rank - 12)

Skylanders PP (silver rank - 2)

Edited by GarciaFever

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&section=search&do=search&fromsearch=1

these are probably the PP you have joined

edit: aaaand once linked it doesn't work anymore, :facepalm:

the points... well, those you have to count them by yourself

I made an ODS file with my platinums and my position in each PP and I can easily see my points :dunno:

That was Search -> Project Platinum -> GarciaFever?

Yea, probably the easiest way.

Ok so I have counted the points in the PPs that I'm in, and I don't know if this is right, but I got a total of 27 points if we are going with the normal point system (1 point: bronze, 2: silver, 6: gold, 12: platinum):

Well, according to the leaderboard, you only have 21 points so... there's probably something wrong somewhere =D

Well, according to the leaderboard, you only have 21 points so... there's probably something wrong somewhere =D

The only one that probably hasn't been counted yet is the Killzone PP because when I clicked on that leaderboard, the names have not been filled in yet.

• Like 1

Unfortunately this is very common.  Other than the top few people that everyone knows, most people aren't getting updated regularly (or at all) on some PPs.  Until recently (when I sent PMs and got it sorted) I was listed at only 38 points but I actually had 65 (and had been over 50 for quite some time).  There were some PPs that I joined before Christmas and I still wasn't on the leaderboard as recently as a couple weeks ago.  With the number of PP threads getting so high, it might be worthwhile to have someone permanently designated to regularly update the leaderboard, instead of so many individual PP creators being responsible for it.

Unfortunately this is very common.  Other than the top few people that everyone knows, most people aren't getting updated regularly (or at all) on some PPs.  Until recently (when I sent PMs and got it sorted) I was listed at only 38 points but I actually had 65 (and had been over 50 for quite some time).  There were some PPs that I joined before Christmas and I still wasn't on the leaderboard as recently as a couple weeks ago.  With the number of PP threads getting so high, it might be worthwhile to have someone permanently designated to regularly update the leaderboard, instead of so many individual PP creators being responsible for it.

Thats the problem, there is probably no one that is crazy enough to do such thing which is why every PP creator takes care of their own stuff.

With the number of PP threads getting so high, it might be worthwhile to have someone permanently designated to regularly update the leaderboard, instead of so many individual PP creators being responsible for it.

Are you insane nice enough to take that role :awesome:?

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Do people really hate the PP threads that much? I've seen some status updates here and there, but that's about it. 

There are a few who have a negative opinion about PPs. But you can't please everybody.

I thought we resolved everything pretty quickly? Iirc there weren't many tabs not updated. There was more an issue with the spelling of your name as well as one tab giving you the wrong rank. 

That aside, i agree that the leaderboard spreadsheet is far from perfect. Between the loading times and spelling mistakes there are a few of PP creators that forget to update or are just too busy, which i totally understand. Anyway, having one person in charge is just not doable. I don't think anybody would be willing to be responsible for something like that. 

It could always be due to misspellings... I always fix my name whenever it happens but I understand it can happen.

That aside, i agree that the leaderboard spreadsheet is far from perfect. Between the loading times and spelling mistakes there are a few of PP creators that forget to update or are just too busy, which i totally understand. Anyway, having one person in charge is just not doable. I don't think anybody would be willing to be responsible for something like that. 

Can't you set the PP tabs to have an autocomplete (with the source being alpha sorted tab)? That way creators would only need to write a few letters and there would be less mistakes.

(You guys should choose to manage brilliant PP like Kiseki, it has less than 10 participants :awesome:)

I'm also surprised no one thought to do a Metroidvania PP

Platinum:

1. Dust: An Elysian Tail
  2. Strider
  3. Guacamelee
  4. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition
  5. Axiom Verge
  6. Apotheon
  7. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (when it's released)
  8. Teslagrad

100%:

1. Hell Yeah!
  2. Xeodrifter
  3. Knytt Underground

I'm going to leave the Castlevania games alone, so if Konami decides to re-release Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness for the PS4 we can have a Castlevania PP

I saw that post linked on the first page and I might say that there are two games that should be added:

Platinum:

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (released tomorrow)

100%:

ShantaeShantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut

Both are metroidvanias in a similar style to Guacamelee:

One big interconnected map with several mini-dungeons, upgrades that help you to reach new places and some backtracking.

It could always be due to misspellings... I always fix my name whenever it happens but I understand it can happen.

Can't you set the PP tabs to have an autocomplete (with the source being alpha sorted tab)? That way creators would only need to write a few letters and there would be less mistakes.

(You guys should choose to manage brilliant PP like Kiseki, it has less than 10 participants :awesome:)

Or just copy paste their name, i mean how hard can it be.

There is an autocomplete tool in google sheets but it only works for names that are in the same tab. I have no idea how to edit the source.

Or just copy paste their name, i mean how hard can it be.

I'm not sure how copying works but... aren't you actually copying the whole cell instead of the text (even if you select the text only).

There is an autocomplete tool in google sheets but it only works for names that are in the same tab. I have no idea how to edit the source.

Try these, maybe there could be a solution.

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=47352

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/603066-autofill-data-one-tab-another-under-certain-criteria.html

I'm not sure how copying works but... aren't you actually copying the whole cell instead of the text (even if you select the text only).

No i meant just copy their PSN name on the forum to google docs. That way you just can't make a mistake. 

Try these, maybe there could be a solution.

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=47352

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/603066-autofill-data-one-tab-another-under-certain-criteria.html

It has been made. 

• Like 1