Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

Yeah because devs that rush their game to meet the deadline instead of taking the time with their project is the best approach.

There are two sides to every story mate.

I fail to understand the comparison and the other side of the story.

I just wouldn't join if stacking is involved.

That is exactly the problem, if you have all but one list and you decide not to join this because of your principles against stacking, you would take a hit against whoever else who joined, even the ones that didn't stack either, which would bring down your rank on the leaderboards. You see how my point of view in the PPs would damage your position on the leaderboards? That's why I think I shouldn't make this one either.

EDIT: when I say 'you' consider I'm saying as an example of the whole list of participants, could be anyone else, not specifically Suicidal Turtle.

Edited by TheYuriG

I say blacklist them. It'll cause problems, because those technically can be used for multiple PPs.

This is a nice idea but i don't think there are many ppl who played or be wiling to play this kind of games...

Blacklist them. It would be better for the future PP's...

Street Fighter X Tekken is a Capcom fighting game, period.  It has the same engine as the SF4 series, it's part of the Street Fighter 25th anniversary collections, and it was in tournaments hosted specifically by Capcom.  So if one person were to do a Capcom fighting game thread, he/she would include Street Fighter X Tekken because it's essentially a Street Fighter game with mostly SF characteristics, but not Tekken X Street Fighter (if/when it comes out) because of the things I mentioned and it would be a Tekken game with mostly elements that make Tekken unique (especially the 3D part).  Well, I could do the Need for Speed franchise, perhaps a Capcom fighting series as well.  I can maintain a thread at least once a week, as I have weekends off.  The problem is I don't have artistic skills to make a banner or what not.

Edited by grimydawg

I fail to understand the comparison and the other side of the story.

You compared my way of working to a practice in the game development business, i did the same to your idea.

Whatever the case, i clearly noticed you do not agree with the way i handle things. Which is fine, but i have my reasons behind the many rules and i think by now it has been questioned and corrected enough times already.

Edited by Zone Hunter
  • Like 1

That is exactly the problem, if you have all but one list and you decide not to join this because of your principles against stacking, you would take a hit against whoever else who joined, even the ones that didn't stack either, which would bring down your rank on the leaderboards. You see how my point of view in the PPs would damage your position on the leaderboards? That's why I think I shouldn't make this one either.

I personally don't care for the leaderboard on PP. If I did I'll join the LBP PP for the 6 points. I don't think the leaderboard here is as competitive as say The Trophy Hunter League. Most people just want to complete a series and see others who have done the same.

Sure you'll have about 10 users racing each other for top spot on board but out of the 200+ users on that list just are not in it for the max points possible.

EDIT: when I say 'you' consider I'm saying as an example of the whole list of participants, could be anyone else, not specifically Suicidal Turtle.

I personally don't care for the leaderboard on PP. If I did I'll join the LBP PP for the 6 points. I don't think the leaderboard here is as competitive as say The Trophy Hunter League. Most people just want to complete a series and see others who have done the same.

Sure you'll have about 10 users racing each other for top spot on board but out of the 200+ users on that list just are not in it for the max points possible.

The leaderboard is only competitive if you want it to be. Anyone can join and you cannot be kicked off of it. (unless requested :P) It's purely intended as a statistic.

Yeah i just noticed that too... 

Maybe i should stop thinking that people actually read the OP of the event and let everyone create a PP thread whenever they want...

I like the waiting list. It gives me time to prepare and I can see which PPs are works in progress.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

Street Fighter X Tekken is a Capcom fighting game, period.  It has the same engine as the SF4 series, it's part of the Street Fighter 25th anniversary collections, and it was in tournaments hosted specifically by Capcom.  So if one person were to do a Capcom fighting game thread, he/she would include Street Fighter X Tekken because it's essentially a Street Fighter game with mostly SF characteristics, but not Tekken X Street Fighter (if/when it comes out) because of the things I mentioned and it would be a Tekken game with mostly elements that make Tekken unique (especially the 3D part).  Well, I could do the Need for Speed franchise, perhaps a Capcom fighting series as well.  I can maintain a thread at least once a week, as I have weekends off.  The problem is I don't have artistic skills to make a banner or what not.

If you were to make such a thread i don't see a problem for you to use SFxT. When i made that post about blacklisting crossover games those were among the first that popped into my head. I admit SFxT and MKvsDC are still in a different league than All star and move heroes.

About the banner and everything, i always offer my assistance in making these since i'm the one requesting them. Or you could go to the talented users on PSNP and request a banner there.

Edited by Zone Hunter

i clearly noticed you do not agree with the way i handle things

Not true, I really enjoy the concept of the whole thing you are organizing here, but there is just a tiny little bit microsized rule I don't agree with. You are doing a good job and I hold nothing against your person, as much as you seem to indicate sharing such idea. Don't take it personal, because it really isn't, I would say the same here to anyone else in your position.

Agree that isn't as competitive as the other leaderboard, but I read almost all the pages after the leaderboards have been implemented plus several status updates regarding this (the whole thing is a trend now) and there seems to be a lot of people who actually care about going up and/or down.

The leaderboard is only competitive if you want it to be. Anyone can join and you cannot be kicked off of it. (unless requested :P) It's purely intended as a statistic.

Talking about statistics, do you guys intend to put a different leaderboard for highest achiever? I mean the person who got the most highest ranks in PPs. I think such people deserve some type of extra recognition for their dedication instead of trying to get as many games complete in many series instead of focusing on a single one.

FFS!!  I was looking forward to the Point and Click PP this week  :(   It was the one I was really excited about!

Now a completely sub-par Lego PP has gone up.  I know it's down to each individual PP owner to decide how the PS3/Vita games work, but in this case many of the Vita games are very different from the PS3 games so it really doesn't make sense to lump them as one.  I mean, just look at Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 (almost totally different games)

I'm a bit grouchy about this one, as I love Lego games and if it was done right, the PP would've been awesome and one of my favorites (along with the Point and Click one)

Ugh!!  :shakefist:  :shakefist:  :shakefist:  :shakefist:  :shakefist:

Not true, I really enjoy the concept of the whole thing you are organizing here, but there is just a tiny little bit microsized rule I don't agree with. You are doing a good job and I hold nothing against your person, as much as you seem to indicate sharing such idea. Don't take it personal, because it really isn't, I would say the same here to anyone else in your position.

I try not to take internet things personally :P Everyone has different opinions and views which is perfectly normal. 

Talking about statistics, do you guys intend to put a different leaderboard for highest achiever? I mean the person who got the most highest ranks in PPs. I think such people deserve some type of extra recognition for their dedication instead of trying to get as many games complete in many series instead of focusing on a single one.

That might be a good idea. I was going to implement some sort of rarity statistic for each custom trophy so you'd know how rare a plat rank was. But this idea was quickly shot down by the other creators. Ultimately i just maintain this general leaderboard in this thread so the individual things should be handled by the PP Creator themselves. I only ask for the minimum that has to be present in every PP thread, they can add anything they want. Prizes, separate leaderboards or statistics are things i can only encourage.

Although, i guess i could make a quick separate sheet leaderboard based on completion of PP threads. I.E get one plat rank, earn 1 point to the leaderboard. 

Edited by Zone Hunter

Although, i guess i could make a quick separate sheet leaderboard based on completion of PP threads. I.E get one plat rank, earn 1 point to the leaderboard. 

Exactly what I mean, could be something like "Most Dedicated Project Platinum Participants" and then putting the names of the top 3~5 people with the number of PP they maxed score in, with maybe some info of which games they have maxed. I think this could be very rewarding to the few people that might platinum ALL disgaea/tales of games but never get a high enough postion on the leaderboards.

• Like 1

Just giving an idea for project platinum, although i'm not good on making threads and i dont have the luxury of time as well.

Need for Speed:

• Undercover
  • Shift
  • The Run
  • Hot Pursuit
  • Most Wanted (PS3 or PSVITA)
  • Rivals (PS3 or PS4)
  • NFS (2015)

+ Shift 2 Unleashed which I think we should speak first, then let the decision be taken by the thread creator. In my opinion, it IS a NFS game.

Moreover, I would like to add that there should be a little prize for the 100% achievers (speaking of PP threads in general), because in some occasions they are worth of rewarding. Anyone have an idea that both achievers and non-owners will be happy?

Moreover, I would like to add that there should be a little prize for the 100% achievers (speaking of PP threads in general), because in some occasions they are worth of rewarding. Anyone have an idea that both achievers and non-owners will be happy?

If you're talking about cash prizes, it'd be pretty costly if we have to provide every member who reaches a plat rank with a prize. The accomplishment of reaching plat ranks should suffice :P

That's what the leaderboard is for. You can also lose the platinum rank if a new game comes out, so that would mean everyone in the plat rank has to give the prize back and re-earn it. I don't see that happening tbh.

Guys, I'm just saying that 100% achievers should get some kind of honour like the platinum achievers. A digital prize, not money. A nice banner for 100% completing everything perhaps, idk.

What do you mean by '100%' exactly because reaching plat rank is the max you can go. (Although some threads have multiple plat ranks)

What do you mean by '100%' exactly because reaching plat rank is the max you can go. (Although some threads have multiple plat ranks)

I just mean having 100% to the whole series + dlc should be rewarded. I don't mean that guys that have all the platinums but not the dlcs should drop a category or sth. I just want to find a way - possibly in a different leaderboard - to find a category or create a seperate group for the 100% completionists for the games that own dlcs.

I know, I can't describe this well. I hope you understood.

Also, that was just an idea. We can just decline it, np.

I just mean having 100% to the whole series + dlc should be rewarded. I don't mean that guys that have all the platinums but not the dlcs should drop a category or sth. I just want to find a way - possibly in a different leaderboard - to find a category or create a seperate group for the 100% completionists for the games that own dlcs.

Well the categories are mainly decided by the ones that create the PP threads. 

That's up to the maker of the thread to decide if you ask me. Setting up a little extra list for people that got 100% in all games or platinum'd all versions of a game is nice to have, but shouldn't interfere with the leaderboards, we should keep that as simple as we can.

• Like 1

That's up to the maker of the thread to decide if you ask me. Setting up a little extra list for people that got 100% in all games or platinum'd all versions of a game is nice to have, but shouldn't interfere with the leaderboards, we should keep that as simple as we can.

Yup, that was I trying to say. We agree with each other. The 100% guys shall get a little something if the thread creators agree.

I feel kinda bad for letting Shana-tan handle all the imports so I guess I could help xD

Plus, release of Sen no Kiseki is coming and I want this series to get attention it deserves =)

So... sign me for Kiseki PP =)

Games:

• Sora no Kiseki FC -EVOLUTION-
  • Sora no Kiseki SC -EVOLUTION-
  • Sora no Kiseki TC -EVOLUTION-
  • Zero no Kiseki
  • Ao no Kiseki
  • Sen no Kiseki
  • Sen no Kiseki II 

Future: Sen no Kiseki III (new field)

If you have questions about this series, please ask on this https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/27863-the-legend-of-heroes-trails-in-the-sky-fc-evolution/thread =D

Edited by Satoshi Ookami