Project Platinum: Atelier

GarciaFever

13 hours ago, BLKChaosDragon said:

Double post I guess. I'm rather slow atm lol. You guys probably already seen this but I'll still put up anyway.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2017/01/26/atelier-firis-alchemist-mysterious-journey/

http://gematsu.com/2017/01/atelier-firis-details-synthesis-system-pre-order-bonuses-announced

New Trailer as in the links above

There's honestly quite a lot coming out in the first quarter, I sorta feel overwhelmed lol. Still, lookin forward to this.

No one can ever be overwhelmed by cute girls doing cute alchemy things =D

4 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

For some reason Firis reminds me of the main girl from the anime Hyouka.

Kininarimasu :awesome: 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all you aspiring alchemists! ^_^

I just got a nice prize from a giveaway(thanks to Crimson Idol) and was going to download one of the Plus games for the Vita since I now have over $40 to download one of them. I was wondering - for an eager learning of the alchemic arts like me(I find the idea of crafting items fascinating) which game should I get into the series with? I had one owned a copy of the Arland trilogy for PS3 but was turned off a bit by Rorona's time-management system, though to be honest I should have accepted it(I have played through the entire Persona 3 and 4 games so I should know about how time limits are a factor in those games). Which of the Plus editions do you recommend to the new Atelier player?

6 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Yea, that's why I still don't have Plat rank here xD

Wuuuut! I don't see A-sha and Escha&Logy. How can you play 3rd installment first?!

Wow get those Vita plats soon :awesome: 

LOLOLOL, I guess I mentioned it wrong :P I was looking at the Atelier list here in the search bar. Ayesha first then Escha and Logy then Shallie 

Urusai! 

3 hours ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Ayesha, Rorona or Sophie.

You can't start in the middle of trilogy so you should choose one of these.

All right, thanks for letting me know. I still need to find a decent guide to mechanics for these games before I make a decision.

EDIT: I looked over the three games and decided to pick Atelier Sophie because it doesn't have any Persona-like deadline before the endgame. I did hear in a review that frame rates were bad though. Anyone want to make a recommendation for or against this choice? I won't buy the game until I hear at least one reply as I'd like to have an honest opinion and avoid buying something that would make me regret my decision.

Edited by NebbyLunala

3 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

I did hear in a review that frame rates were bad though. Anyone want to make a recommendation for or against this choice? I won't buy the game until I hear at least one reply as I'd like to have an honest opinion and avoid buying something that would make me regret my decision.

heard Sophie on Vita has some problems but it's playable. What isn't is Sophie's sequel, Iris.

Frankly, I would recommend Sophie on PS4 since that is a choice, but if you want Sophie to be first and on Vita, I guess you should be okay. 

3 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

because it doesn't have any Persona-like deadline before the endgame.

But deadlines are the biggest fun on Atelier games :P

9 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

heard Sophie on Vita has some problems but it's playable. What isn't is Sophie's sequel, Iris.

Frankly, I would recommend Sophie on PS4 since that is a choice, but if you want Sophie to be first and on Vita, I guess you should be okay.

You mean Atelier Firis? I haven't heard much about that.

I've seen the PS4 version and I'd need another $20 in PSN cash to buy it, it's as expensive as FFXV. :(

I'll do a double check for any walkthroughs before I make a final decision.

9 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

But deadlines are the biggest fun on Atelier games :P

I'm not saying I'm against time management games(after all, I was a bit fan of Persona 3 and 4) but I prefer a guide to completing the game in those cases. I am a serious control freak and worry that I will miss a lot and to have to do multiple playthroughs if I just go through at my own pace. Especially with games as complex as the Atelier series.

EDIT: I have found some screenshot walkthroughs of Atelier Ayesha and Rorona on lparchive.org. But they are of the original Ayesha and Rorona. Would they be feasible to use on the Plus versions or are there things that are different?

Edited by NebbyLunala

2 hours ago, NebbyLunala said:

You mean Atelier Firis? I haven't heard much about that.

Yea, Firis, lol. Iris is the PS2 game xD

But they are of the original Ayesha and Rorona. Would they be feasible to use on the Plus versions or are there things that are different?

Yea, you can use them for Plus versions. Plus versions only have additional scenarios that are as far as I know not missable.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

I platinumed Shallie Plus a few days ago, but I still have to platinum all the original versions (except Shallie). I decided to start with Ayesha first, since it's my favorite Atelier game.

EDIT: I have found some screenshot walkthroughs of Atelier Ayesha and Rorona on lparchive.org. But they are of the original Ayesha and Rorona. Would they be feasible to use on the Plus versions or are there things that are different?

For Rorona and Ayesha Plus, I used the guides on gamefaqs. Rorona Plus has an additional scenario after the main story (as Satoshi already said) and some extra bosses. Ayesha Plus is mostly the same, except for the addition of Hard mode (required for a trophy) and an album that you complete by doing various tasks (also required for a trophy). The last page of the album requires you to fight some really hard bosses, and is the main reason the platinum is much harder than the original. For example, the original platinum is at 23% rarity on here, while the Plus version is 8%.

Thanks for all of the advice. After consideration, I realized that I might not have enough memory on my SD card for an Atelier game right now - I have downloaded a few games for the Platinum Pyramid and Spring Backlog. However, my parents are going to pay me some money for taking care of their house while they and my little sister are on vacation for the last half of this week, so I will definitely be putting some of it towards Atelier Ayesha Plus after I get my Social Security Check. (The rest will be funding Kingdom Hearts 1.5+2.5 Collection which comes out March 28.) Thanks again and I'll be back when I am ready to join the platinum project.

(I decided to buy Dragon Fantasy Book I and Shantae: The Pirate's Curse instead since I have their sequels in the events listed and some backstory is always a good thing to play with. ;) )

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

It wasn't because Plus has proper voices and non-weebs don't want to play it? :awesome:

Well, it is the most important change made in the Plus version, so I can see why they wouldn't bother with it, lol. Seriously though, it sucks that the original version is dub only. Hopefully this won't happen with any of the newer games.

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

I seriously want to give it a spin for those bosses... :D My Atelier blood is pumping :awesome: 

Do it! Despite failing quite a few times, I had fun doing it. 

Hello everyone. It's been a long time since I have updated the list of games needed to reach the platinum rank for this PP. Because of this, I have decided to edit the platinum requirements to reach a certain rank. The requirements to reach bronze, silver, gold, and platinum rank will be as followed:

• :platinum: Alchemy Sage :platinum: :: Completed all 14 games in the Atelier universe.
  • :gold: Alchemy Master :gold: : Completed at least 9 games in the Atelier universe
  • :silver: Alchemy Artisan :silver: : Completed at least 4 games in the Atelier universe
  • :bronze: Alchemy Apprentice :bronze:  : Completed at least 1 game in the Atelier universe.

With these updates taking effect as of today, the following members will be affected in regards to their ranks:

• BLKChaosDragon - demoted from Alchemy Sage to Alchemy Master.
  • SatoshiOokam demoted from Alchemy Master to Alchemy Artisan.
  • JennifairyW - demoted from Alchemy Master to Alchemy Artisan.
  • ShuyinKDuy - demoted from Alchemy Master to Alchemy Artisan.
  • Amaterasu15 - demoted from Alchemy Master to Alchemy Artisan.
  • F1nal - demoted from Alchemy Artisan to Alchemy Apprentice.
  • Kurorac - demoted from Alchemy Artisan to Alchemy Apprentice.
  • Qu1ck57r1k3 - demoted from Alchemy Artisan to Alchemy Apprentice.
  • Hertzfeldt - demoted from Alchemy Artisan to Alchemy Apprentice.
  • kittyxiii - demoted from Alchemy Artisan to Alchemy Apprentice.
  • Lightning_FinalF - promoted from Alchemy Apprentice to Alchemy Artisan.
  • Shemzi - Promoted from Alchemy Apprentice to Alchemy Artisan.

Lastly, I will be adding a bonus awards section, and it will contain 3 bonus award tiles for completing specific Atelier games:

Bonus Awards

spacer.pngspacer.pngWGgMBJG.png

You have earned all Atelier platinums exclusively for the Vita.

Atelier Ayesha Plus, Atelier Escha & Logy Plus, Atelier Meruru Plus, Atelier Shallie Plus, and Atelier Totori Plus.

ftgHNMI.png

You have earned all Atelier platinum available for the PS4.

(must have picture as proof)

Atelier Firis, and Atelier Sophie.

b95onnt.png

You have earned all Atelier platinums exclusively for the PS3

Atelier Ayesha, Atelier Escha & Logy, Atelier Meruru, Atelier Rorona, Atelier Shallie, and Atelier Totori.

Hopefully this doesn't discourage anyone from reaching that platinum rank. So go out there and start brewing.

EDIT: if there is anyone whom has enough platinums to earn a bonus rank, let me know so that I can update the thread.

Edited by GarciaFever
  • Like 2