Downside to online only

BIackgate

So I've had a couple days of playing this game and so far I've enjoyed it, except for one thing. Since your races happen in "real time", that means other players can actively interfere, and they do quite often. I had to restart an event two or three times because someone kept waiting for me to get to a certain point and then they would block the road or hit my car, effectively causing me to lose. I've also had the game kick me out to the start screen because I lost connection to the EA servers. Fun!

Has anyone else experienced this annoyance?

Yeah from what I know the game is online only. I've played it for 8 hours and haven't found an option to play by myself in a world where no other real players exist. It's completely unnecessary.

It's kind of cool seeing other real people playing the game and driving around but that should just be an option, not mandatory.

Also, yesterday I was in the middle of a race and got disconnected from the internet and the game sent me back to the title screen. Kind of irritating. 

• Like 3

Yeah from what I know the game is online only. I've played it for 8 hours and haven't found an option to play by myself in a world where no other real players exist. It's completely unnecessary.

It's kind of cool seeing other real people playing the game and driving around but that should just be an option, not mandatory.

Also, yesterday I was in the middle of a race and got disconnected from the internet and the game sent me back to the title screen. Kind of irritating. 

Playing without a ps plus subscripiton will let you play solo. But the disconnection problem remains.

• Like 2

Playing without a ps plus subscripiton will let you play solo. But the disconnection problem remains.

This guy.

I didn't have Plus when I was playing through THPS 5 and I'm damn sure that's most of the reason why I had a (mostly) pleasant time, can't connect/fail at connecting when you don't have Plus. Literally the only good thing about Sony making Plus mandatory is when shit like this happens.

You can probably shut it off i know you could turn it off on Rivals even though they said that game was online only too. 

Nope, the entire game is online only. I have since gained the platinum and only actually completed one event with another player. The rest of the time I was by myself. I really don't see why they chose to make the game online only.

As I got higher ranks, I didn't have as many issues with people being jerks, but it is certainly possible for them to ruin your race at any time, if they so choose.

Having an accident to an AFK player online parked dead in the middle of the street when you're in a cop chase on Time Attack

One does not simply forget Ubisoft.

At the risk of being off topic - WB deserve a mention. They seem to be going all-in with pre-order, no details, almost the same price as the base game, season-passes lately, not to mention publishing the trainwreck that was and still is Arkham Knight on PC. 

Please god no one tell them about MTXs.

• 1 month later...