Lord_of_Arbon

PS4 Edition is buggy as hell

60 posts in this topic

Alright, that didn’t fix the problem. It seemed to at first, but episode 3 in the second half has been a crashing nightmare again.

 

I figured out a work-around for anyone dealing with the same issues though. This game has long cut scenes, during which you cannot save. It is incredibly annoying when you are anxiously waiting for your first opportunity to save and BAM: it crashes, forcing you to replay the last 10 minutes or so. 

 

The problem is caused by the auto-save malfunctioning. Don’t know why, but that’s what it is. The work-around is to beat the auto-save to the punch. Use your gamer’s reflexes! As soon as you are returned control of the game, immediately press the options button and save. The auto-save might kick in right after you, crashing the game. Now at least when you get it going again your save allows you to pick up where you got kicked out.

 

Crashes usually happen after a long cut scene, but to be on the safe side... save often. Very often. I do it whenever I can, after almost every action I do. 

 

I might just finish this game without going insane now. I have never played a game that crashed this often, not even close. If I didn’t enjoy the subject so much I certainly would have stopped playing by now...

Edited by Sifferino
Emphasis
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sifferino said:

Alright, that didn’t fix the problem. It seemed to at first, but episode 3 in the second half has been a crashing nightmare again.

 

I had constant crashes until I read that the solution was to stop manual saving. As crazy as it sounds to save less when your progress is at risk, it actually did work for me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 2:13 AM, mekktor said:

 

I had constant crashes until I read that the solution was to stop manual saving. As crazy as it sounds to save less when your progress is at risk, it actually did work for me.

 

Well I sure as hell wasn’t going to risk that 😂

 

I just finished the game with the platinum trophy. It’s been an enormous drag, but at least my fix managed to prevent 95% of backtracking because of a crash. A bit of a challenge too, “hit option within .2 seconds if I get back control after this lengthy cut scene”. I still had the crashes, about 40 (!) of them in total, but it became sort of ‘normal’ to restart the game and resume exactly where it crashed instead of 10 minutes before. I am glad it’s done though. 

 

I am kind of sad now that I never played some of the older Telltale games, such as Jurassic Park and Tales of Monkey Island. I no longer own a PS3 and there’s the whole Telltale going bust thing of course, so that’s just not going to happen now. Oh well. Maybe I should try to find a DeLorean and travel back in time 😉

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I just got this from my free trial of GameFly... so its the disc version (or part of it will be anyway, I'm sure I will have to download later episodes?). If anyone still cares about this, I will post an update once I get going.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JABing said:

Well I just got this from my free trial of GameFly... so its the disc version (or part of it will be anyway, I'm sure I will have to download later episodes?). If anyone still cares about this, I will post an update once I get going.

 

Can you still download all episodes though (the PS4 version is delisted), try that first before you start playing. Should be okay, but the whole Telltale thing is a mess so better check.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The PS4 version of BTTF is 100% on the disc with no additional download required :).

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2019 at 11:53 AM, Sifferino said:

 

Can you still download all episodes though (the PS4 version is delisted), try that first before you start playing. Should be okay, but the whole Telltale thing is a mess so better check.

 

On 6/28/2019 at 0:02 PM, HuntingFever said:

The PS4 version of BTTF is 100% on the disc with no additional download required :).

 

Can confirm that the are definitely all on disc. Also, here are my findings so far...

 

It seems to me that the crashing issues have to be caused by the autosave. I played through the first 4 chapters without making a single autosave, and had zero crashes to the game - it played perfectly. I realized that I missed a trophy in chapter 3 (Bad Apple), and had to go back and replay to get it. After obtaining it, I thought I'd expeiment, so I made some manual saves and continued on. Sure enough, the chapter began to crash!

 

Hope this helps anyone playing this one - just don't make any manual saves. Each chapter is treated like its own game, so when I started chapter 5 the game was smooth as butter again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting.

 

I love the Back to the Future trilogy that basically defined the 1980s and early 1990s. I played a little of this the other night on another account and didn't experience any real issues. But I also wasn't manual saving because I was just testing things out.

 

Are the two versions (disc and digital) different from one another in terms of performance? I have the disc version, most of everyone here who posted has the digital version which has me a little worried.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Interesting.

 

I love the Back to the Future trilogy that basically defined the 1980s and early 1990s. I played a little of this the other night on another account and didn't experience any real issues. But I also wasn't manual saving because I was just testing things out.

 

Are the two versions (disc and digital) different from one another in terms of performance? I have the disc version, most of everyone here who posted has the digital version which has me a little worried.

Several of my friends have the Retail version and say it's just a broken as the Digital release but you can mitigate the issues somewhat by sticking to the auto-save and avoiding the manual save option.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12.11.2015 at 11:36 PM, Lord_of_Arbon said:

I really enjoyed the game on PS3, but now i start hating it.

 

Played the first Episode and the game crashed about 13 times!! So guys, wait until this will be patched, otherwise you'll start getting angry about this.. 

 

Btw, i own the digital copy from the store. 

 

Hope they will fix that soon.. i've to save every step i'm doing because it crashes almost on every automatic savepoint and i have to do the whole sections again.. 

 

Stupid..

Same here, the Game crashed while try to get the fast traveller and this don’t count. try to reload the checkpoint but the Wohle new chapter started again, never played this again for over 4 years cause i get angry, also the trophy where i need to look out for docs brewer, i cant hear what he says 

 

this whole chapters are soooo boring to play again

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.