Free Playstation Plus games for any region (PS P+ required)

Ortreb

NOTE: You must have a valid Playstation PLUS subscription from a region, doesn't matter which (MOST LIKELY YOUR HOME REGION)

STEP 1 : Make or use a different region's PSN account that you have (IN THIS CASE I'M USING MY JAPANESE ACCOUNT) and login.

STEP 2: Go to Application Save Data Management on the PS4 under SettingsXDN3vL7.jpg

STEP 3: Go to Saved Data in Online Storage8j5LxeP.jpg

STEP 4: You'll see two options, the top option is a 2 day free trial to PLAYSTATION PLUS (NOTE 2: CREDIT CARD NOT REQUIRED TO WORK)qhLPbyM.jpg

STEP 5: Go to the PLAYSTATION STORE of that region (IN THIS CASE JAPANESE) and download as much free PLAYSTATION PLUS content, games, addons, whatever you want (IN THIS CASE MY EXAMPLE IS HATSUNE MIKU PLAYSTATION PLUS THEATER)wC9Z3V2.jpg

STEP 6: Now that you have those downloaded to your system if you play the content on a NON PLAYSTATION PLUS ACCOUNT you will be greeted with this on the main menu of HATSUNE MIKUxaDmD70.jpgNOTICE THE "TRIAL BROADCAST" Instead of "COMPLETE BROADCAST" but as long as the account is a PLAYSTATION PLUS ACCOUNT it will show the "COMPLETE BROADCAST"HadVE40.jpgMeaning that you can use the content on your home region

STEP 7: PROFIT.... so pretty much you can see when the 2 day trial is worth it to you, download all the games and content you want, and be able to use it on your home region (as long as your home region has a valid PLAYSTATION PLUS ACCOUNT) and yes Addons work as long as the game is not different from its other region counterpart (I downloaded Guilty Gear free playstation Plus addons, and it worked on my American Copy of the game.

NOTE: I am not the one who found this trick/exploit.

UPDATE: Supposedly it works with the PS Vita too, according to slashmegaman. The mail trick and 2 PS Vita memory cards, put the plus account on a ps3, then do memory card swap trick (just removing 1 file) and then switch memory cards and then proceed to put the plus account on the PS Vita. I haven't tested this yet, but if any of you do please let me know. Link 1link 2 and video

UPDATE 2: I have found a way to use any avatar from any region (BOUGHT!) with your main account. However, I'm not sure if I'm going to post it. Will require backing up your data by the way.

Admin or MOD, move this to the current section if this is not.

(source)

Edited by Ortreb
  • Like 3

I was gonna do this ages ago when Germany or somewhere got a different game to me, just make an account for that region, activate the 2 week trial (none of this 2 day stuff) and then play it on my main account. I thought this was common knowledge?

• Like 1

I was gonna do this ages ago when Germany or somewhere got a different game to me, just make an account for that region, activate the 2 week trial (none of this 2 day stuff) and then play it on my main account. I thought this was common knowledge?

It is common knowledge.

• Like 1

TY40wOr.png

Nothing crazy, especially since vita games are digitally restricted per region. But apprently theres a way around that??

We already had KZ, Woah Dave, the Swapper and Rocket League appear on IGC. Could be useful for people who want to play Phantasy Star

Edited by A-Brawl3r

what is Japan's PS+ lineup?

PS4

The Swapper PSN Game

Woah Dave! PSN Game

Rocket League ロケットリーグ PSN Game

PS3 PS3

Title Content

The Swapper PSN Game

LUNATIC DAWN III PS one Classic

PS Vita PSV

Title Content

KILLZONE: MERCENARY Game

Phantasy Star Nova ファンタシースター ノヴァ Game

The Swapper PSN Game

Woah Dave! PSN Game

Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaikida: 3D 勇者のくせになまいきだ:3D (PSP the Best) PSP Game

LUNATIC DAWN III PS one Classic

i think that is why he mentioned downloading everything u can in 2 days, then u can play it on your other region ps plus account for free

^This. As long as you have PS P+ on your main account it will continue working. You use free-trials for dummy accounts to download from other regions.

Same thing I thought before, but I'm not sure if it worked since my subscription ended and I don't think the 2 week free-trials were around yet.

Using avatars from other regions? Now thats interested. You tell us about this and I'll give you a cookie..

Im interested in how you managed to figure out the avatar thing. And what is this tomfoolery about being able to play different region vita games digitally?

Haha, I'm sure you guys are. This one was more interesting to me than the free PS P+ trick (too many games collecting dust). I'm afraid SONY may patch it so I won't talk too much about it. Whenever I'm ready, I going to need 3 users to test it (must own a PS4/Vita & PS3).

Edited by Ortreb

Haha, I'm sure you guys are. This one was more interesting to me than the free PS P+ trick (too many games collecting dust). I'm afraid SONY may patch it so I won't talk too much about it. Whenever I'm ready, I going to need 3 users to test it (must own a PS4/Vita & PS3).

You're as sneaky as your avatar implies... xD

• Like 1

^This. As long as you have PS P+ on your main account it will continue working. You use free-trials for dummy accounts to download from other regions.

It won't, I've used PS Plus (both paid and with trials) from several regions to play the games on my main account. When the PS Plus expires they'll be locked and no account will be able to use them.

I76XzVi.png

As you can see in the picture, I have PS Plus on the account I'm using, but the game is still locked because the account that bought it no longer does.

The reason you get a different option on the Miku thing is because it's content that's designed only for PS Plus subscribers.

Well that's just mean :(

If you're worried it'll get patched, you need to tell us before it's too late :D

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 2

This isn't really a trick or an exploit, i've been doing this for years on the PS3. I thought everyone knew this by now.

However, this avatar thing you mentioned i'm very curious because avatars are only tied to the account that you bought them off and if you try and download them from another account, it won't work on your main account. There is an absolute bucket load of Japanese avatars that i really wan't.

• Like 1

You're as sneaky as your avatar implies...  xD

uUu9hwp.png

Using avatars from other regions? Now thats interested. You tell us about this and I'll give you a cookie..

Im interested in how you managed to figure out the avatar thing.

I'd quite like to hear more on this avatar thing.

since you guys were the first 3 interested in the avatars trick, I will have you guys testing it, assuming you guys own a PS4 and PS3 or just a PS Vita and PS3. The Vita/PS4 is just to see if it shows them or carries over. I will contact you guys whenever I can.

It won't, I've used PS Plus (both paid and with trials) from several regions to play the games on my main account. When the PS Plus expires they'll be locked and no account will be able to use them.

I76XzVi.png

As you can see in the picture, I have PS Plus on the account I'm using, but the game is still locked because the account that bought it no longer does.

The reason you get a different option on the Miku thing is because it's content that's designed only for PS Plus subscribers.

Well that's just mean :(
If you're worried it'll get patched, you need to tell us before it's too late :D

As long as your primary (main account?) PSN account has Plus, it should work and be able to use that content or just wait until the free-trials expires. And have you tested any other games? I don't have a PS4 at the moment to test this out other than the 20th Anniversary which I won't open (collection purposes xD). By the way, you will find out the reason why I said I won't talk too much about it. it's a very serious cookie that may led to an overdose in this page, resulting in the opposite of happiness among its users.

Tried it, doesn't work for me ...

what I'm doing wrong?

From the recently comments that I have seem reporting that it isn't working for some, I believe Sony may have patched it and I hope this isn't true. If, so I came across this late then, seeing how it was posted the 17th.

Edited by Ortreb

UPDATE: Supposedly it works with the PS Vita too, according to slashmegaman. The mail trick and 2 PS Vita memory cards, put the plus account on a ps3, then do memory card swap trick (just removing 1 file) and then switch memory cards and then proceed to put the plus account on the PS Vita. I haven't tested this yet, but if any of you do please let me know.

Could you do a step by step explanation for the Vita too? I'm really interested in this.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Could you do a step by step explanation for the Vita too? I'm really interested in this.

At the moment I don't have a PSVita to confirm this, but according to the comments I read from the source page posted above you can probably get it to work, I think I have had seen a similar tutorial, the mail trick.

Apparently you need a ps3 with cfw so it might be best to not do it.

False. Where did you get this from? I think you misunderstood my previous comment, update 2. I did not mention any ps3 with cfw, neither is it needed. You can put the plus account on a PS4 too, this is a Vita exploit/PSTV I believe (or w/e they call it) and might need a PSTV. 

Edited by Ortreb