The Great Australian Trophy Hunt - Season 1

So the MVP votes for the second quarter are in and have been tallied. Congratulations to Pineapple-Hero88 winning by some margin (4 votes), apparently people are impressed by large amounts of platinum trophies :lol:. In second was MattyH16, Gibbo_0113 & TheWayne-o (1 vote) and in third was everyone who bothered to vote (CrestfallenV, spazza136, IronMask75, cjshaitan & damage_6-9).

Leaderboard in the OP will be updated tomorrow.

Cheers to the person who voted for me  B)

I have lost all motivation for trophy hunting this week. Anyone else ever go through a phase like that?  :(

Yep, couple of years back TLoU utterly destroyed any interest in gaming for a few weeks, only played it for about 45 minutes and I fucking totally despised it..... along with maybe 6 other people in the world, lol

• Like 1

I have lost all motivation for trophy hunting this week. Anyone else ever go through a phase like that?  :(

I'm sort of there right now as well; have been for the last few weeks.

I don't know whether the post-game grind in Ni no Kuni did it, whether it's the lacklustre Skylanders: Giants with its technical issues, or if I'm just too distracted by Overwatch on my alt. I do kind of regret not starting Overwatch on this account now that I've got over 80% of the trophies on my alt purely through natural play though. :(

After I made my New Year's resolution to earn 1,000 trophies this year, I started off pretty well, with 83 in Jan and 74 in Feb, then I started dipping. In April I took a Holiday to Japan which wiped that month (15 trophies), then the following I had some sort of post holiday malaise and could barely bring myself to play anything (29 trophies).

In June my friend bought me a couple of games that he wanted to co-op in (The Division & Battleborn) so I got a few trophies (58) in those, so I was up-trending again. Now in July I had some sick days off and a couple more off due to not enough available work, so I'm on a tear (79).

I think it's nice to have a break from time to time so gaming doesn't feel like work, but for me it's actual work that saps my motivation. Coming home so tired and being unable to make a decision what to play kinda sucks.

• Like 2

Yeah there are times when I just don't feel like gaming at all, I find that taking a small break (usually a week or two is enough) every now and then helps. Instead of gaming, go and do something else that you enjoy :).

Well thats what happens when you play Shrek  :P

Shrek is love...

Shrek is life...

I like to have at least one game going that I don't care about the trophies/plat, either on PS or Xbone....... Alternatively you could try Farming Simulator ....... It's very relaxing :)

Normally it is Skyrim, but I traded my copy towards the PS4 edition thinking it will be fine, I have enough backlog to keep me busy until October 28th. Now I miss it terribly. I've resorted to playing Destiny as I have all the trophies in it and Rocket League.

Yep, couple of years back TLoU utterly destroyed any interest in gaming for a few weeks, only played it for about 45 minutes and I fucking totally despised it..... along with maybe 6 other people in the world, lol

Each to their own. I've been meaning to get around to finishing that but after weeks of early morning grinding all the MP trophies, I can't bring myself to play it again just yet. Devs/Publishers need to realize they can destroy a games level of fun with unnecessary gameplay and stupid grindy trophies.

I'm sort of there right now as well; have been for the last few weeks.

I don't know whether the post-game grind in Ni no Kuni did it, whether it's the lacklustre Skylanders: Giants with its technical issues, or if I'm just too distracted by Overwatch on my alt. I do kind of regret not starting Overwatch on this account now that I've got over 80% of the trophies on my alt purely through natural play though. :(

I loved Ni No Kuni, even the grind was bearable. Giants is tolerable but I'll say now, if you don't like Giants, you'll hate Swap-Force. The grind in that is nasty. Glad you are liking Overwatch.

After I made my New Year's resolution to earn 1,000 trophies this year, I started off pretty well, with 83 in Jan and 74 in Feb, then I started dipping. In April I took a Holiday to Japan which wiped that month (15 trophies), then the following I had some sort of post holiday malaise and could barely bring myself to play anything (29 trophies).

In June my friend bought me a couple of games that he wanted to co-op in (The Division & Battleborn) so I got a few trophies (58) in those, so I was up-trending again. Now in July I had some sick days off and a couple more off due to not enough available work, so I'm on a tear (79).

I think it's nice to have a break from time to time so gaming doesn't feel like work, but for me it's actual work that saps my motivation. Coming home so tired and being unable to make a decision what to play kinda sucks.

Sounds like you've made some good progress! Maybe you're right about it feeling like work. I need to get a move on with AC Rogue. I love the Creed games but I just can't bring myself to keep playing right now.Maybe I should try another game, but what would I play?

Yeah there are times when I just don't feel like gaming at all, I find that taking a small break (usually a week or two is enough) every now and then helps. Instead of gaming, go and do something else that you enjoy :).

I enjoy Pokemon GO, I've been doing that a lot. I've spent more time outside than inside this month and done a heap of walking which is always good!

• Like 2

I enjoy Pokemon GO, I've been doing that a lot. I've spent more time outside than inside this month and done a heap of walking which is always good!

That "game" is taking over the world! A few of the boys that I play football with turned up 15 minutes late to a game (well not really late because they were still there 45 minutes prior to kick off but it was still 15 minutes after they were supposed to be there) because they took a couple of detours to catch some Pokemon on the way to the ground lol.

Edited by TheWayne-o

• 2 weeks later...

Another average month for me, still happy with progress but I don't think I will be featuring on any of the points lists. Game highlight for me this month was Sherlock Holmes and the Devils Daughter, not what I was expecting but very glad I played it and totally recommend.

August should be exciting and if all falls rights I should reclaim my bronze crown, plus a few others. Happy gaming all

Another average month for me, still happy with progress but I don't think I will be featuring on any of the points lists. Game highlight for me this month was Sherlock Holmes and the Devils Daughter, not what I was expecting but very glad I played it and totally recommend.

August should be exciting and if all falls rights I should reclaim my bronze crown, plus a few others. Happy gaming all

Looking at your stats wouldn't this be an above average month. Id like to see what you'd call a good month. Im expecting 1000 trophies in August then ;)

• Like 1

Looking at your stats wouldn't this be an above average month. Id like to see what you'd call a good month. Im expecting 1000 trophies in August then ;)

Yes actually your right, just checked. All my plats were early in the month so just stop feels like it's been slow the last week. Not sure about 1000 in August but anything is possible :)

• Like 1

Sounds like you've made some good progress! Maybe you're right about it feeling like work. I need to get a move on with AC Rogue. I love the Creed games but I just can't bring myself to keep playing right now.Maybe I should try another game, but what would I play?

That's usually a good sign it's time to change games. Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing. Just looking at your profile it's easy to see why you're having a hard time deciding what to play. With so many 100% games it may be that you're down to the tough stuff, but I see there's a few games perilously close to 100%, like that niggling co-op trophy in Dante's Inferno (if the servers are even still up) or the last 3 in Rocket League DLC.

Have you got a wheel/pedal set? You could grind out the last few trophies in Gran Turismo 5 for the Ultra Rare Plat (0.83%) and then move on to the Gran Turismo 6 Plat. You owe it to the community to get that GT5 Plat as it is no longer achievable unless you have the 2 trophies that require server connection (Proud Owner and Course Designer), which you do, as do I, so we're both lucky in that regard. You have some more racing titles that would benefit from wheel support. If you don't have one maybe you could think about getting one. Driving games on a wheel don't even compare to controller. Sell a kidney if you have to.

I see you also have Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment with only 3 trophies. There's a good Let's Play topic about it that I'm following (even if I haven't started the game yet) to try and get it completed before Hollow Realization is released. There's plenty of helpful tips from some very knowledgeable people in there.

Maybe you could also sign up for olimoo101's Challenge: Boost Your Trophy Grades topic and set yourself a goal to shift some of your E and D ranked games up to A or B or something like that. It's not really working that well for me, lol, but it might just be a different way of looking at your completion and doing something about it. I bought a pre-owned PS3 this month so I can now work on this a bit more. Been having a bit of fun playing and switching between a few old games on the PS3 lately.

• Like 2

Definitely recommend the racing wheel if you like your racing games. I have been on the fence for last couple of months but finally picked one up yesterday. I would strongly recommend saving up though to get a decent one. After trying the Thrustmaster T80 it's really not worth the money. You really need the force feedback models to get the immersion feeling. Ended up going with the Logitech G29 which feels great and had a blast playing Driveclub last night for the first time in months. Totally worth it.

• Like 1

Earned a grand total of 1 trophy cause alcohol.

Eh, 90% of my trophies this month were the same 6 trophies for Minecraft over PS3, Vita and PS4. Did manage to push through and grab "Mass Extraction" on my own and got The Division plat this morning though.

On another note, anyone played any of the Hyperdimension Neptunia games? If so, are they worth playing y/n?

That's usually a good sign it's time to change games. Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing. Just looking at your profile it's easy to see why you're having a hard time deciding what to play. With so many 100% games it may be that you're down to the tough stuff, but I see there's a few games perilously close to 100%, like that niggling co-op trophy in Dante's Inferno (if the servers are even still up) or the last 3 in Rocket League DLC.

Have you got a wheel/pedal set? You could grind out the last few trophies in Gran Turismo 5 for the Ultra Rare Plat (0.83%) and then move on to the Gran Turismo 6 Plat. You owe it to the community to get that GT5 Plat as it is no longer achievable unless you have the 2 trophies that require server connection (Proud Owner and Course Designer), which you do, as do I, so we're both lucky in that regard. You have some more racing titles that would benefit from wheel support. If you don't have one maybe you could think about getting one. Driving games on a wheel don't even compare to controller. Sell a kidney if you have to.

I see you also have Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment with only 3 trophies. There's a good Let's Play topic about it that I'm following (even if I haven't started the game yet) to try and get it completed before Hollow Realization is released. There's plenty of helpful tips from some very knowledgeable people in there.

Maybe you could also sign up for olimoo101's Challenge: Boost Your Trophy Grades topic and set yourself a goal to shift some of your E and D ranked games up to A or B or something like that. It's not really working that well for me, lol, but it might just be a different way of looking at your completion and doing something about it. I bought a pre-owned PS3 this month so I can now work on this a bit more. Been having a bit of fun playing and switching between a few old games on the PS3 lately.

Yeah, I had a bit of a trophy hunting crisis. I smashed out 5 platinums in the first week, determined to blitz this month. Ended up burning out. I've tried chipping at AC Rogue but I really don't want to which is sad because I love the AC series. I also suffer from the "I have like a 100 games but nothing to play" problem  :angry:

The GT5 platinum would be awesome! I don't have a racing wheel and I do enjoy my racing games a lot. I lost all my PS3 data including saves I thought were backed up to the cloud a while ago so I have to restart everything again on PS3. GT5  level 40 A-Spec is going to suck hard as well as golding all the licenses and all events. I've spent most of the month playing Destiny and GTA V. I finally ranked up my online character to level 100 like 20 minutes ago and I got the infamous glitch where the trophy doesn't pop. I was hoping to end the month with 1 final gold trophy  :angry:

Earned a grand total of 1 trophy cause alcohol.

Piss poor excuse mate, most of my vita trophies have been earned whilst knocking back horrendous quantities of Bintangs in Bali, lol

I look forward to the day where i get ahead of my backlog  :P

For me, that day will NEVER come, lol

• Like 3