The Great Australian Trophy Hunt - Season 1

This month has been a major non-event for me, have had virtually zero gaming time, as is reflected by my grand total of two trophies on the 8th, lol, next month is likely to be pretty much the same. Going to Bali for 12 days, so might be able to knock out some on the vita whilst doing my bit to keep the Bintang brewery in business :)

Bali is nice! Where are you staying, Kuta, Legian, Seminyak?  B)

Played VR. I would say get it if it wasnt for the fact i only got the luge demo.

Overall it was fun to go. Ran into my local EB manager by chance and we played Infinite Warfare on opposite teams which was fun. My friend and I also got to rematch in Injustice in the free play area. Looked one sided but then I remembered my Green Arrow combos and was downhill for him afterwards. Some pretty good cosplay... there was a nice ass on D.Va haha

• Like 1

Will be in Seminyak this time... "Permissi, satu lagi bir dengan sekali, terimah kasi".... ah stuff it.... dua lagi

Nice, I've stayed there a few times. And I can see dua becoming lima!

Next month is likely to be pretty much the same. Going to Bali for 12 days, so might be able to knock out some on the vita whilst doing my bit to keep the Bintang brewery in business :)

I always take my Vita overseas, you can pump out heaps of trophies while you wait at the airport or in taxis.

• Like 2

#EBExpo

What day were you there? I went on Sunday for a few hours, overall I thought it was okay but nothing to write home about. What games did you see that you liked/disliked?

I was going to play Driveclub VR and then saw the line lol.

I liked what I saw of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Tekken 7 & Tomb Raider. I'm still undecided on Final Fantasy 15, World of Final Fantasy & For Honor. I wasn't waiting in line for Horizon, Ghost Recon Wildlands or South Park but I'm confident they'll all be great anyway. The Last Guardian though...man it looks rough. I dragged my girlfriend along (that what she gets for making me go to see crappy movies :P), she doesn't play video games but she turned to me after a few minutes and commented that the graphics look dated and the game doesn't look like it'd be much fun to play. However, she did like bird-dog lol. I can't wait to see all the reviews once the game comes out, I'm also hoping that we get an explanation of what the hell happened during it's development at some point.

I was there on the Saturday. To be honest it was a small reprieve from the shitty couple of weeks I've been having but it in itself was part of it. It was just me and my friend instead of the crew :(

I think when I went a couple of years ago it was a helluva lot more lively than that. It felt like the only reason to go was for PSVR. A shooting tournament that wasn't CS:GO and a fighting game tournament that wasn't Smash Bros. would've been so good. There wasn't even a LoL or FIFA tournament much to my surprise.

Edited by AuzzieWingman

I was there on the Saturday. To be honest it was a small reprieve from the shitty couple of weeks I've been having but it in itself was part of it. It was just me and my friend instead of the crew :(

I think when I went a couple of years ago it was a helluva lot more lively than that. It felt like the only reason to go was for PSVR. A shooting tournament that wasn't CS:GO and a fighting game tournament that wasn't Smash Bros. would've been so good. There wasn't even a LoL or FIFA tournament much to my surprise.

Sorry to hear that you've had a bad few weeks mate, hopefully things get better for you soon :). Yeah PSVR was probably the reason that most people went lol, I felt like there were fewer games on show this year than in the previous few years.

On a side note, the stats will be put up over the weekend. I should have time to do it during the day on Saturday before heading out to watch the Wanderers smash those muppets from the east!

• Like 3

September update!

A total of 1408 trophies were earned: 958 x Bronze (down from 1223), 313 x Silver (down from 452) , 120 x Gold (down from 185) & 17 x Platinum (down from 29) from 27 contestants. No further comments required...

A shout-out to Gibbo_0113 for being the only person to knock off a backlog game this month, achieving the platinum (Ultra Rare!) in Catherine.

Voting for MVP will be open until 11:59pm Saturday 15th October, the ladder in the OP will be updated once the MVP result are in.

Bronze:

cjshaitan 108 (3 points)
Texonidas 104 (2 points)
greenpoison79 87 (1 point)
Diagonis83 67
spazza136 64
Gibbo_0113 63
Pineapple-Hero88 62
IronMask75 57
AuzzieWingman 56
Drew-013 45
CrestfallenV 38
MattyH16 33
Spider5786 31
Super-Fly Spider-Guy 30
EpicNogg4 24
F1nal 22
Shemzi 17
Lightning_0608 14
paulcoe 14
feral611 10
TheWayne-o 8
Scoffinator 2
damage_6-9 1
black__bunny 1
SaucySpinach 0
Ski-Skate 0
Risky 0

Silver:

cjshaitan 45 (3 points)
Texonidas 41 (2 points)
CrestfallenV 35 (1 point)
Drew-013 19
MattyH16 19
AuzzieWingman 17
Pineapple-Hero88 14
IronMask75 14
Diagonis83 14
Gibbo_0113 13
Lightning_0608 13
Spider5786 12
Super-Fly Spider-Guy 11
greenpoison79 9
spazza136 8
F1nal 8
EpicNogg4 6
paulcoe 6
TheWayne-o 3
feral611 3
black__bunny 2
damage_6-9 1
SaucySpinach 0
Ski-Skate 0
Shemzi 0
Risky 0
Scoffinator 0

Gold:

Texonidas 22 (3 points)
cjshaitan 12 (2 points)
Drew-013 11 (1 point)
CrestfallenV 10
MattyH16 9
Pineapple-Hero88 9
Super-Fly Spider-Guy 7
greenpoison79 6
Gibbo_0113 4
Lightning_0608 4
Spider5786 4
IronMask75 4
Diagonis83 4
F1nal 3
EpicNogg4 2
feral611 2
spazza136 2
AuzzieWingman 2
TheWayne-o 1
black__bunny 1
paulcoe 1
damage_6-9 0
SaucySpinach 0
Ski-Skate 0
Shemzi 0
Risky 0
Scoffinator 0

Platinum:

Gibbo_0113 3 (3 points)
Texonidas 3 (3 points)
Drew-013 2 (2 points)
CrestfallenV 2 (2 points)
Super-Fly Spider-Guy 1 (1 point)
EpicNogg4 1 (1 point)
Lightning_0608 1 (1 point)
MattyH16 1 (1 point)
F1nal 1 (1 point)
greenpoison79 1 (1 point)
IronMask75 1 (1 point)
TheWayne-o 0
damage_6-9 0
SaucySpinach 0
Ski-Skate 0
feral611 0
black__bunny 0
Shemzi 0
cjshaitan 0
Pineapple-Hero88 0
spazza136 0
Risky 0
Spider5786 0
AuzzieWingman 0
Scoffinator 0
paulcoe 0
Diagonis83 0

Completion:

cjshaitan 2.21 (15 points)
greenpoison79 0.75 (10 points)
spazza136 0.56 (5 points)
MattyH16 0.51
TheWayne-o 0.5
feral611 0.43
AuzzieWingman 0.41
Texonidas 0.38
damage_6-9 0.17
Gibbo_0113 0.16
Drew-013 0.09
SaucySpinach 0
Ski-Skate 0
Spider5786 0
Super-Fly Spider-Guy -0.06
Scoffinator -0.35
Pineapple-Hero88 -0.37
Risky -0.48
Diagonis83 -0.55
CrestfallenV -0.57
Shemzi -1.04
Lightning_0608 -1.05
F1nal -1.13
IronMask75 -1.25
paulcoe -1.25
black__bunny -1.37
EpicNogg4 -1.49

Rarity:

greenpoison79 -0.63 (15 points)
Texonidas -0.45 (10 points)
Drew-013 -0.43 (5 points)
spazza136 -0.42
Scoffinator -0.34
damage_6-9 -0.32
Ski-Skate -0.26
EpicNogg4 -0.21
Super-Fly Spider-Guy -0.19
Risky -0.17
Lightning_0608 -0.16
CrestfallenV -0.13
SaucySpinach -0.12
black__bunny -0.11
F1nal -0.09
feral611 -0.08
Diagonis83 -0.05
MattyH16 0.03
AuzzieWingman 0.07
Gibbo_0113 0.15
Pineapple-Hero88 0.24
paulcoe 0.25
Shemzi 0.27
IronMask75 0.29
TheWayne-o 0.69
Spider5786 0.74
cjshaitan 1.59

Leaderboard:

IronMask75 -1007 (15 points)
greenpoison79 -462 (10 points)
cjshaitan -344 (5 points)
EpicNogg4 -261
Spider5786 -239
Drew-013 -189
Shemzi -174
TheWayne-o -107
CrestfallenV -43
spazza136 -32
Gibbo_0113 -29
Texonidas -22
AuzzieWingman -14
MattyH16 -10
F1nal -5
paulcoe 4
Pineapple-Hero88 5
Diagonis83 7
damage_6-9 21
Lightning_0608 27
Risky 31
feral611 109
black__bunny 155
Ski-Skate 316
SaucySpinach 463
Scoffinator 525
Super-Fly Spider-Guy NA

Edited by TheWayne-o
  • Like 2

Wow I'm surprised I did that well, must have been a very slow month for everyone. Had to laugh when I saw I won the average percentage completion at 2.0 and then came last in the average trophy rarity by also +2ish. Guess playing shameful games for a month really has an impact.

Most of my trophy goals for the year have been completed now ( just need to knock of one more plat ) so my next aim will be to crash my average completion back down in the 30 % range. And that's starting tonight :)

• Like 2

Wow I'm surprised I did that well, must have been a very slow month for everyone. Had to laugh when I saw I won the average percentage completion at 2.0 and then came last in the average trophy rarity by also +2ish. Guess playing shameful games for a month really has an impact.

Most of my trophy goals for the year have been completed now ( just need to knock of one more plat ) so my next aim will be to crash my average completion back down in the 30 % range. And that's starting tonight :)

Think my trophy goals for 2017 will be to complete my 2016 targets, lol...... actually at the rate I've been going maybe I should make that my 2018 goal :)
  • Like 2

Yeah good plan CJ, you don't want your completion to get too high :P

I've still got a way to go to achieve my trophy goals for the year, I'm starting to think that I was a little ambitious... Ah well, at least I didn't run last in my own competition right? :)

Whoops completely forgot to vote for MVP, been lost in a VR world.

Damn there are so many games hitting at the moment how is everyone going with it. Tomb Raider and Rush of Blood are definitely my two favourites at the moment. Although I can also highly recommend Mantis Burn Racing, it's a fantastic top down racer (similar to Motorstorm RC).

After what was a pretty slow month in September ( 0 plats ) the trophy wheels have started spinning again and should be a strong finish to the end of the year. But don't like my chances catching Gibbo.

Edited by cjshaitan

Whoops completely forgot to vote for MVP, been lost in a VR world.

Damn there are so many games hitting at the moment how is everyone going with it. Tomb Raider and Rush of Blood are definitely my two favourites at the moment. Although I can also highly recommend Mantis Burn Racing, it's a fantastic top down racer (similar to Motorstorm RC).

After what was a pretty slow month in September ( 0 plats ) the trophy wheels have started spinning again and should be a strong finish to the end of the year. But don't like my chances catching Gibbo.

Don't worry mate, you're not the only one who forgot about MVP voting. Swear need to write on my hand or something to remind me.

Mafia III has taken over my life outside work lol. Once it's done, I've gotta work on the backlog games for this comp and yours.

I'm sorry guys, I've been so absent lately. Haven't been keeping up at all.

Since I started my new job, I've had infinitely less time to game and trawl forums.

I'm hoping I can claw my way back in through the rest of the year, got a few games I'm working on.

I'll be super happy once I get the painted and certified item trophies from Rocket League.

So far I've made a slight improvement on last month's 2 trophies, I think I might have to quit work and just drink copious amounts of beer, 'cause I seem to get a shitload more progress this way, lol

Sounds like a solid plan!

Just counted the MVP votes (sorry it's quite late, I've been really busy with work) and we had a 3 way tie! 6 votes cast with 3 people receiving 2 votes each. This means 15 points go to AuzzieWingman, feral611 & cjshaitan! 10 points go to everyone else that voted (MattyH16, TheWayne-o, CrestfallenV, IronMask75, spazza136 & damage_6-9).

Updating the leaderboard now. Leaderboard is now updated!

Edited by TheWayne-o
  • Like 4

Sounds like a solid plan!

Just counted the MVP votes (sorry it's quite late, I've been really busy with work) and we had a 3 way tie! 6 votes cast with 3 people receiving 2 votes each. This means 15 points go to AuzzieWingman, feral611 & cjshaitan! 10 points go to everyone else that voted (MattyH16, TheWayne-o, CrestfallenV, IronMask75, spazza136 & damage_6-9).

Updating the leaderboard now. Leaderboard is now updated!

Don't know if I'm more surprised I got votes or points.
  • Like 1