Wish Lists: PS2 games on PS4

Finozzi1696

Socom II with multiplayer.

Don't need anything else, thanks.

Agree!

i think yoshida said that there are no plans to bring socom as of now, thankfully there are many masterpieces on the ps2 besides that game.

My big ones are Ape Escape 2 and 3, though we've technically had those confirmed for release already... they just need to, you know, release.

As for others, I like Eliggon's suggestion of Sonic Riders, was pretty fun after getting past the learning curve. But I don't think it's too likely given it's a spinoff, and we haven't seen any main Sonic games hit PS2 on PS4 yet... Heroes would be the most likely one to happen, since SA1/2 on PSN are already a thing.

Other than those...

- SSX3

- Digimon World 4, if only so I could FINALLY beat that game maybe

- Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom... hey, I know what you're thinking. And unfortunately, aside from what I've listed in this post, I've played VERY few PS2 games other than licensed games, and most of them were pretty meh. But this was developed by THQ, and it's an enjoyable take on the Banjo Kazooie formula IMO. Doesn't mean it's a rational expectation on PS4, but a man can dream.

the ps2 is one of the best selling consoles of all time due to its amazing and critical acclaimed franchises and IPs, i said you should look on youtube for ps2 top 10 games lists or something along the lines and you will surely find many excellent games from that era, and trust me you will since it had games from every single game genre so it had a lot of variety and quality.

Edited by smellslikejavier

1. Shadow Hearts series: I played a little of From the New World and had read a Let's Play of Covenant. The sidequests that were needed to power up everyone's abilities ranged from the crazy to the bizzare and so did the characters. (A wolf hound who participates in dog fights to get powered up and a crazy cat-man who participates in a martial-arts movie with many crazy references - you HAVE to play it for the Terminator reference! - are the tip of the iceberg) This would make a ton of hilariously named trophies!

looks at the "wrestling" side quest for Keith's brother, that quest was SO WRONG in so many ways

i think yoshida said that there are no plans to bring socom as of now, thankfully there are many masterpieces on the ps2 besides that game.

the ps2 is one of the best selling consoles of all time due to its amazing and critical acclaimed franchises and IPs, i said you should look on youtube for ps2 top 10 games lists or something along the lines and you will surely find many excellent games from that era, and trust me you will since it had games from every single game genre so it had a lot of variety and quality.

Good point... most of the really good PS2 games I wish I had played off the top of my head already had gotten PS3 "HD remasters", like the Sly Trilogy, the Jak and Daxter Trilogy... but I must be missing something that hasn't gotten that treatment yet. Lemme take a looksee at what I'm forgetting...

- Crash Bandicoot Twinsanity

- Viewtiful Joe

- Dragon Quest VIII (Well, it's getting a 3DS remake with added content, buuuuuuut I love this series enough to consider dropping even more money for it :P)

Good point... most of the really good PS2 games I wish I had played off the top of my head already had gotten PS3 "HD remasters", like the Sly Trilogy, the Jak and Daxter Trilogy... but I must be missing something that hasn't gotten that treatment yet. Lemme take a looksee at what I'm forgetting...

- Crash Bandicoot Twinsanity

- Viewtiful Joe

- Dragon Quest VIII (Well, it's getting a 3DS remake with added content, buuuuuuut I love this series enough to consider dropping even more money for it :P)

yeah! but there are still soooooo many more gems that maybe didn't get much popularity compared to some others that sometimes they don't get mentioned in certain videos, but the ps2 really had many masterpieces, both well known and others hidden (shadow of memories/shadow of destiny is one of the ones i mostly remember, epic story, multiple endings and variations, would love seeing it in ps4 with trophies!!)

yeah! but there are still soooooo many more gems that maybe didn't get much popularity compared to some others that sometimes they don't get mentioned in certain videos, but the ps2 really had many masterpieces, both well known and others hidden (shadow of memories/shadow of destiny is one of the ones i mostly remember, epic story, multiple endings and variations, would love seeing it in ps4 with trophies!!)

I agree, there's just so much gems and hidden gems of the PS2 era, so many to count!

freaky looking plat too

1Lce0720.png

totally! makes me so happy to see this fantastic games with trophies and platinums, people can complaint about the prices all they want but i'm really grateful to sony for adding something that before i thought it was nearly impossible to have: trophies on ps2's games.

inFamous

infamous 1, infamous 2 and infamous: festival of blood are ps3's games, not ps2's. but i guess it would be nice to have an infamous hd collection with all those 3 games for people who never had a ps3 before can finally play them on ps4.

Can't find bully on my psn: (

Try searching for Canis Canem Edit (that's the EU name)..

Still it seams like they aren't releasing all those games everywhere at the same time, since Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlord is out in some EU stores, but not in all of them (not in the Portuguese one).. same goes for Manhunt in Australia/NZ, but I heard that's probably because it was originally banned there..

Edit: And I guess that I can post my wishlist here too..

Disgaea 1& 2

Shadow Hearts trilogy

Shin Megami Tensei universe (Nocturne, Persona 3 FES or Portable, Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2, Devil Summoner 1 & 2, Persona 4 only if Golden..)

Suikoden 3, 4 & 5

Star Ocean 3

Xenosaga 1, 2, 3

Atelier Iris Trilogy, Dragon Quest VIII, Tekken 4 & 5 DR and Soul Calibur III would be nice too..

Other then those, I think that I'm already covered (Arc the Lad, Dark Cloud 1/2, Rogue Galaxy), just need money and time to get to those, since my backlog is still quite big..

After playing Persona 4 Arena, and playing a bit of P3P again, I really do think that we need an HD remaster of it..

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

I would probably go with something from the PS2 era that I didn't play that I always wanted to like the Digital Devil Saga series, the first two Yakuza's, or Shadow of Rome. I can just replay anything I already own on the fat PS2 that is still alive and kicking.

That being said, I would probably buy Persona 3 again.

1. Ar Tonelico Melody of Elemia

Ar Tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica

Atelier Iris Eternal Mana

Atelier Iris 2 The Azoth of Destiny

Atelier Iris 3 Grand Phantasm

Blood Will Tell: Tezuka Osamu's Dororo

Chaos Legion

Clock Tower 3

Dragon Quest VIII

Dynasty Tactics 2

Eternal Poison

Fatal Frame

Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly

Fatal Frame III: The Tormented

God Hand

Grandia II

Grandia III

Haunting Ground

InuYasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask

Kessen II

Kessen III

Kuon

Magna Carta: Tears of Blood

Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis

Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy

Metal Saga

Oni

Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams

Onimusha: Warlords

Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny

Onimusha 3: Demon Siege

Radiata Stories

Rule of Rose

Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love

Shadow of Destiny

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES

Stella Deus: the Gate of Eternity

The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age

Tsugunai: Atonement

Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria

Way of the Samurai

• Like 1

Seems that Rockstar are slowly working their way through their back catalogue and bringing them to PS4.

Fingers crossed The Warriors is next :D

Yeah it seems that Sony made a deal with Rockstar to bring many of their PS2 published games to PS4, so far the GTA trilogy, Bully, Manhunt and Max Payne have PS4 ports, so we'll likely going to see The Warriors, Red Dead Revolver, both GTA Stories and some others on PS4 as well some day.

Still it seams like they aren't releasing all those games everywhere at the same time, since Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlord is out in some EU stores, but not in all of them (not in the Portuguese one).. same goes for Manhunt in Australia/NZ, but I heard that's probably because it was originally banned there..

Yes but the majority of them had been released on the same day at least for both NA and EU, being Puzzle Quest (don't know why) and Manhunt (probably because of the ban thing) the exception, even games that were never previously released on Europe like Rise of the Kasai and Okage has now been finally released there with this PS4 re-release. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_for_PlayStation_4

I can just replay anything I already own on the fat PS2 that is still alive and kicking.

That's true, but personally even if I had them on my PS2 I would still prefer playing them with trophies/platinums, 1080p resolution and with some of the other features that comes with it. But that's just my opinion of course, I love unlocking trophies with this new re-releases of my favorite PS2 games :D

1. Ar Tonelico Melody of Elemia
  2. Ar Tonelico II: Melody of Metafalica
  3. Atelier Iris Eternal Mana
  4. Atelier Iris 2 The Azoth of Destiny
  5. Atelier Iris 3 Grand Phantasm
  6. Blood Will Tell: Tezuka Osamu's Dororo
  7. Chaos Legion
  8. Clock Tower 3
  9. Dragon Quest VIII
  10. Dynasty Tactics 2
  11. Eternal Poison
  12. Fatal Frame
  13. Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterfly
  14. Fatal Frame III: The Tormented
  15. God Hand
  16. Grandia II
  17. Grandia III
  18. Haunting Ground
  19. InuYasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask
  20. Kessen II
  21. Kessen III
  22. Kuon
  23. Magna Carta: Tears of Blood
  24. Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis
  25. Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy
  26. Metal Saga
  27. Oni
  28. Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams
  29. Onimusha: Warlords
  30. Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny
  31. Onimusha 3: Demon Siege
  32. Radiata Stories
  33. Rule of Rose
  34. Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love
  35. Shadow of Destiny
  36. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner
  37. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner 2
  38. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga
  39. Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2
  40. Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
  41. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES
  42. Stella Deus: the Gate of Eternity
  43. The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
  44. Tsugunai: Atonement
  45. Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria
  46. Way of the Samurai

Nice list, are the ones in red the ones you want to play the most? if so then I agree with the Fatal Frame trilogy :)

I pray to God to play the Fatal Frame trilogy on PS4 with trophies some day!!

Edited by Finozzi1696

Nice list, are the ones in red the ones you want to play the most? if so then I agree with the Fatal Frame trilogy :)

I pray to God to play the Fatal Frame trilogy on PS4 with trophies some day!!

Yes, I will be happy to see any of them (especially, the ones in red) on PS4 :).

I bought Fatal Frame trilogy from last flash sale even I still own PS2 games :D. Of course, I don't mind to buy these games again so I can play them on PS4 with trophy support.

Yes, I will be happy to see any of them (especially, the ones in red) on PS4 :).

I bought Fatal Frame trilogy from last flash sale even I still own PS2 games :D. Of course, I don't mind to buy these games again so I can play them on PS4 with trophy support.

Lucky you! they were only released on the NA Store on PS3 but I had an EU account, and I know that you can create a NA account but I didn't know how to do that at the time, so I never got a chance to play them and I really really want to :( they must be my most desired games to play.

Some people says that it will be difficult to see them on PS4 since Nintendo now owns the rights of the franchise, but the PS2 trilogy was released some years ago on PS3 like I said, so maybe Sony still owns the rights of the PS2 versions? I hope so, I would love to see them come to the PS4 with trophies/platinums, it will be a dream come true for me!

Lucky you! they were only released on the NA Store on PS3 but I had an EU account, and I know that you can create a NA account but I didn't know how to do that at the time, so I never got a chance to play them and I really really want to :( they must be my most desired games to play.

Some people says that it will be difficult to see them on PS4 since Nintendo now owns the rights of the franchise, but the PS2 trilogy was released some years ago on PS3 like I said, so maybe Sony still owns the rights of the PS2 versions? I hope so, I would love to see them come to the PS4 with trophies/platinums, it will be a dream come true for me!

Oh, I didn't know these games are not available on EU store.

Yea, that is the main issue :(. Just hope and hope....

btw, since you like FF, I guess you can try Dreadout

It's an Indonesian survival horror PC game (also available in English dub and sub). The game is similar as FF which you have to use smartphone's camera or digital camera to inflict damage on ghost and monsters.

Edited by hasegawa2010

Oh, I didn't know these games are not available on EU store.

Yea, that is the main issue :(. Just hope and hope....

btw, since you like FF, I guess you can try Dreadout

Nice, but personally I don't play games on pc that much (they don't have platinums lol), I have a Macbook laptop which is some years old and even low budget indie games tends to run bad some times on it.

But anyways I just want the real thing xD really hope to see it on PS4 some day.

Edited by Finozzi1696