Nogg's Challenges Remastered #1 - Lone Survivor

Hey everybody and welcome to Nogg's Challenges *wait for it* Remastered. Yes I'm back and its time to get this competion back on its feet. The rules have changed folks (slightly). Basically if you haven't seen my previous comps the aim is to get as many points as you can in the given month. The points are as follows -

Fastest Achiever (15 p)

First to Plat (10 p)

MVP (7 p)

Completed DLC (5 p)

Platnuimed the game (2 p)

The MVP is awarded for the person who helps out others with the chosen game and posts about how there going with the game etc. There will be a new game each month, chosen by the winner but for this month I'll be choosing the game ;)

Now your all probably wondering what you get for winning, well you will get -

- Bragging Rights

- Name in the famous Nogg H.O.F

- A PSN card (depending on someone volunteering one or if I have one to giveaway)

- A custom "trophy" made for there signature by the loser of the month

The loser of the month will have there name put onto the wall of cowards and cannot get it off until they win a future Nogg Challenge. The loser is the competitor with lowest percentage at the end of the month.

Now ... The game. As I have started it quite late in the month I won't make it a game that requires a intense grind or is extremely hard to Platnuim. The chosen game for this month is *drum roll please* Lone Survivor!!! (The directors cut)

What tf is that

Lone Survivor is a post-apocalyptic survival horror game with retro-styled 2D graphics in which the player controls a nameless protagonist following directions provided by the character's apparent hallucinations. When exploring the game world the player will discover items, keys and food. The correct use of each item and key must be determined in order to solve the game's puzzles. Certain food types can be improved by cooking and/or combining them with others. Two-way mirrors found in the game world are used to teleport back to the survivor's apartment. Players possess a flashlight with which to navigate the game world; using the flashlight drains batteries; replacements can be found by scavenging. Mutants must be avoided or killed; a pistol must be found in order to attack mutants, but ammunition is scarce. When the pistol's magazine is empty the survivor automatically loads a new magazine, leaving him open to attack during the process. Mutants are attracted to light and noises, but the player can sneak past by hiding in the shadows. The game features a map for players to navigate with, however the game does not pause when the game's menus or map are accessed, leaving the survivor vulnerable. (Like you haven't copied and pasted b4)

* IMPORTANT NOTE *

Please DO NOT join if you will refuse to play, post or not make the winner his trophy. I don't need you here and you will be wasting my time as well as my participants time.

Interesting you say, then post below that you would like to join Nogg's Challenges Remastered!!!

Competition will begin December 11

Thank you for your time :)

Participants :

1. Styx2319

2. Epicnogg4

3. me3lingual

Hall of fame :

Saltyie : Dead Space (Nogg's Challenges #1)

Gibbo_0113 : MGR: Revengence (Nogg's Challenges #2)

Countdown :

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20151212T12&p0=152&msg=Nogg%27s+Challenges+Remastered&font=cursive&csz=1

Edited by EpicNogg4

You should give it more time. There are a lot of people that haven't been online yet to see this. Don't give up so soon. As for me, I'm not 100% sure I'll have the time to commit this month, but I might join if I feel I have the needed time.

Yeah I'll still leave it open for people to join, lol thanks Styx for sticking by me throughout my Challenges. I'll put you down ms maybe ;)

* IMPORTANT NOTE *

Please DO NOT join if you will refuse to play, post or not make the winner his trophy. I don't need you here and you will be wasting my time as well as my participants time.

I should have added this to my contest.....sorry needed to get that out of my system lol

I have started this game and just couldn't get into it. I'm still sitting at 0% but I've played for about 30 minutes. Does that allow me to join and if so, when do you think you would be starting? If it's this month, I'd be happy to join. I'm just two trophies shy of getting the plat in SWB and need something to keep me busy until next month.

• Like 1

Dammit I keep waiting to join another one of these after my Dead Space failure but Lone Survivor just doesn't tickle my pickle. You can count me in for others though pal, don't give up on the idea.

Cmon....Whose pickle does this game really tickle? lol

Dammit I keep waiting to join another one of these after my Dead Space failure but Lone Survivor just doesn't tickle my pickle. You can count me in for others though pal, don't give up on the idea.

Tickle your own pickle  xD

On the subject I think a lot of people are busy with the PS2 ports. The GTA's will be keeping me busy then i'll be doing a game ready for Styx's event. Its a pretty busy time, event-wise on PSNP at the moment.  

I like the idea, but not too keen on the chosen game I'm afraid. I'll pass up on this one, but will stay tuned for the next installment! 

Question though:

What do you mean with that custom trophy thing and how do you make one?

(yeah, I'm old ...  :rolleyes: )

I like the idea, but not too keen on the chosen game I'm afraid. I'll pass up on this one, but will stay tuned for the next installment! 

Question though:

What do you mean with that custom trophy thing and how do you make one?

(yeah, I'm old ...  :rolleyes: )

Not a physical trophy if that's what you're thinking it's something like the trophies for the song votes if you have seen those around.  :)

So far I'm the only maybe participant...so hypothetically, if no one else joins, all I have to do is plat the game and I automatically win the prize and my place in the Hall of Fame? I think I have this game from PS+ or something...I just need to make sure I'll have time, what with my wedding and all coming up. Still a maybe, I'll know more after I talk to the fiancee about what we have left to do for the wedding this month.

• Like 1

* IMPORTANT NOTE *

I should have added this to my contest.....sorry needed to get that out of my system lol

I have started this game and just couldn't get into it. I'm still sitting at 0% but I've played for about 30 minutes. Does that allow me to join and if so, when do you think you would be starting? If it's this month, I'd be happy to join. I'm just two trophies shy of getting the plat in SWB and need something to keep me busy until next month.

Haha yeah mate thats fine :)

Also seems like people aren't to happy with the game, I'm not going to bother changing it, also for those who don't know the start is December 11.

Edited by EpicNogg4

Welp looks like 3 people including myself are competing, so for a specific time we can start at

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20151211T12&p0=152&msg=Nogg%27s+Challenges+Remastered&font=cursive&csz=1#

So as soon as that reaches zero, you may begin. Nobody start early please lets make this fair. Also this a very short plat so I suggest not wasting any time and try and get those valuable points ;)

Edited by EpicNogg4

Welp looks like 3 people including myself are competing, so for a specific time we can start at

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20151211T12&p0=152&msg=Nogg's+Challenges+Remastered&font=cursive&csz=1#

So as soon as that reaches zero, you may begin. Nobody start early please lets make this fair. Also this a very short plat so I suggest not wasting any time and try and get those valuable points ;)

At least with it being a short game your next installment will come around quick.....woo hoo!!!
  • Like 1

As soon as and if I figure out that thropy thing that you need to make I'll enter in the next one .... still no clue :blink:

Basically it's something for your signature, see the blue Batman thing that's my signature. If I were to win I would have a "trophy" in the shape of a Platnuim made that would say something like "Nogg's Challenges Remastered #1 Champion". Hope you understand more now lol