Automatic Update Not Working

Pirelli913

So after talking with Sony twice they told me that I would have to send it in to be serviced if restoring the default settings didn't fix it. I laughed at them as i know damn well that it is something on there end.

That really pisses me off. it's one thing to give ideas to try. It's quite another to solicit their repair services for an error that's unknown and most likely on them (and I say "most likely" with a smirk).

Edit: Ugh. I hate this new forum trend of tacking on a new post to the end of your last one. :/

Yup. It's maddening.

Trust me, guys, I already tried this. I had a 120 GB HDD, reformatted it, that didn't work. Then I upgraded to a 500 GB HDD, formatted it, still nothing. I agree with egingell that it's on their side. Note that this only started happening to people right around Christmas when PSN went down.

There's no question this is on their side. Everyone's PS3 runs into the same problem, at the same time, and it's a localized issue? I don't think so.

Which doesn't mean that they can break online functionalities on purpose.

They can remove the function if they like purposely or not there was no promise for auto update. Features were added, features can also be removed. But with this issue, it is nor purposely. Its a known issue and they are working on it. Though posting here doesnt help at all. Go to Sony directly and post on their support forums.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

So I just tried to download a game via the app that I purchased during the flash sale. I boot up the ps3 and it says I have things ready to download and then nothing. Just like the auto update. Is anyone having the same issue? I haven't downloaded anything for a while and I think this might have a connection to the update.

So I just tried to download a game via the app that I purchased during the flash sale. I boot up the ps3 and it says I have things ready to download and then nothing. Just like the auto update. Is anyone having the same issue? I haven't downloaded anything for a while and I think this might have a connection to the update.

I'm getting a similar issue. Being told to download things but i have put NOTHING in my queue. I never ever used the Automatic Update feature. This issue is making my PS3 life a PITA. I can't even check my Download List as i get kicked out instantly, even 10 times in a row. Same with the Services List. It's pitiful that they haven't tried to fix anything in all this time.

Edited by Lance_87

Yupp. Setting the ps3 to DMZ fixed the download queue problem for me, but the auto update still fails.

My last update was December 23rd, i had to update it myself since then. It updated itself last night and i just got the screen update saying that my trophies have been updated and save data for pier solar, fuse and metro have been uploaded. Could you guys check if yours are back working again? I got the plat for SSX 4 days ago, doubt it's any relevant to that.

My last update was December 23rd, i had to update it myself since then. It updated itself last night and i just got the screen update saying that my trophies have been updated and save data for pier solar, fuse and metro have been uploaded. Could you guys check if yours are back working again? I got the plat for SSX 4 days ago, doubt it's any relevant to that.

You're right, I just checked. But what was funny is when I signed on, there was no screen showing the updates, so I hopped on one of my digital games, did a quick save and turned off my PS3. It did the auto update and when I turned my PS3 back on, it showed the screen update for a bunch of my games EXCEPT the game I had just saved before turning it off. Lol. Maybe it'll fix this next time I sign on.

Well, i'm still getting issues with the Download Queue. Different than before (now i get a proper error code instead of just leaving the screen automatically after a few seconds), but still happening.

I'll need to download something with it and see.

EDIT: it works! But i wonder if i'll ever see that random message again in the future. We'll see.

Edited by Lance_87

I auto-updated, too. It must be that we all re-formatted simultaneously. ;-D

... and rebuilt our databases and deleted that one game and reset our DMZs and timezones and clocks and deactivated and reactivated and whatever other bullcrap client-side thing that wanted to blame it on ...

... and rebuilt our databases and deleted that one game and reset our DMZs and timezones and clocks and deactivated and reactivated and whatever other bullcrap client-side thing that wanted to blame it on ...

... and don't forget that they were just purposely disabling features on old systems! LOL!

... and don't forget that they were just purposely disabling features on old systems! LOL!

That was just speculation.

Though, I can understand them not wanting to fix something that broke on an old system, but to break it intentionally is another matter... and, also, that would have been announced... either way.

My main PS3 is a launch 80 GB. It started working again. I have a SLIM as well, but it doesn't do Auto Updates because it's not a primary. Case in point, if synching was working on Slims or Super Sims then it could be an issue.

My main PS3 is a launch 80 GB. It started working again. I have a SLIM as well, but it doesn't do Auto Updates because it's not a primary. Case in point, if synching was working on Slims or Super Sims then it could be an issue.

Mine is also a first-gen 80gb (aftermarket upgrade to 300gb). Playing PS2 disks - FTW!

Anyway, I just confirmed auto-update: working for me. Even the newest save right before powering down.

... by "old" i didn't mean the Fat model. I meant the PS3 itself. :)