Ps4 digital games don't run offline

dtc1731

Wondering if anyone else had this problem or knows a fix. Today I tried to play a digital game offline and it won't let me load without logging in to psn. I noticed that there is a lock symbol on the bottom of all my digital games on the home page when offline and none of them will run. When I log into psn the lock symbol goes away and I can run them just fine. If I start a digital game and then log out of psn and try to continue the game I get error code ce-36406-9. Anyone know what's going on?

Hmm. Seems my ps4 is no longer my primary console but when I try to activate it as primary it tells me it cannot as there is another ps4 already primary. I obviously don't have another ps4 or I wouldn't be confused.

Ps website says you can only deactivate from the console. Not remotely. I did do a hdd swap a few months ago but I swear I deactivated it before switching. I also think it's been working fine the last few months. I'll try swapping the hdd back and seeing if that's the problem.

Ps website says you can only deactivate from the console. Not remotely. I did do a hdd swap a few months ago but I swear I deactivated it before switching. I also think it's been working fine the last few months. I'll try swapping the hdd back and seeing if that's the problem.

You can deactivate online, you are looking at the wrong place. Give me a minute and I'll walk you through this.

EDIT: Damnit beaten by

What you have to do it's to go to Account and being there choose Media and devices, that let you deactive all your devices.

but that's right. Using this link https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/liquid/cam/devices/device-media-list.action?displayNavigation=falsethen clicking on Account (second option on top) then Media and Devices (second option on bottom) and then you can deactivate whatever you need. Highly recommend that you change your password prior to doing this though.

Edited by TheYuriG
  • Like 1

No. You can do it using the website. The problem is you went to Devices, that one ask you to deactivate using every device.

What you have to do it's to go to Account and being there choose Media and devices, that let you deactive all your devices, so if you have more than one device you have to activate every device individually. And remember that Deactivate only can be use once every 6 months. So use it wisely.

• Like 2

I contacted Sony and submitted a request to deactivate my ps4. I fairly painless experience with customer service as long as my request gets approved. Should know within 24 hours.

It's kind of weird because I've never used the online deactivation before and I remember last week I tried to play a game on my vita and I needed to re-activate it. Time for a password change.