Top 5 Movies Of 2016 You Think Would Be A Flop?

Pyro

Movies you think that will have high expectation, but ultimately be considered as a flop by you, the critics, and not the grossing of the film.

1. Zoolander 2

2. WarCraft

3. Star Trek Beyond

4. Kung Fu Panda 3

5. Assassins Creed

I, too, have serious concerns about the Assassin's Creed movie. However, I understand that Ubisoft have been more heavily involved in the production than most publishers usually are, so it might not be the usual drek we get from video-game movies.

Assuming they care about their IP that is...

Movies you think that will have high expectation, but ultimately be considered as a flop by you, the critics, and not the grossing of the film.

1. Zoolander 2

2. WarCraft

3. Star Trek Beyond

4. Kung Fu Panda 3

5. Assassins Creed

1,000th POST!!!

So you are asking which shows we have high expectations of AND think will flop? Well everyone that answers is likely a miserable eternal cynic.

I think Zoolander 2 is going to be awesome and made my wife watch Zoolander 1 after we saw the preview at a show about a month ago. I generally hate Ben Stiller, but think he fits the role so well.

Other than that, I haven't look into what is coming out this year. I have too much gaming to do to predict flops. Although if Jon Travolta is in any movies this year, guaranteed flop. I hate that guy/thing.

In no particular order:

1) Ghostbusters

2) Independence Day: Resurgence

3) The 5th Wave

4) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

5) Alice: Through the Looking Glass

I feel like including Allegiant and Gods of Egypt would be cheating, those movies just will not do well, especially Gods of Egypt. I selected films that have at least reasonable expectations that I don't think will be met.

Personally I'm not looking forward to any of these. Whether or not these films do will in the Box Office wasn't a factor, I'm looking at what I expect the critical appeal to be among fans and critics.

Edited by Joku_9
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A lot of good choices here. I too think Zoolander 2 will flop, as will the new Star Trek. As for three others, I'd have to look at the schedule of releases.

I'm looking at what I expect the critical appeal to be among fans and critics.

For most of these cases, I expect a sharp dichotomy between these two (much like fan response for pond scum like Meet the Spartans, as opposed to critical response).

Thank you for reminding me Zoolander 2 is coming out next week. Blasted out a text and got a couple cronies who have already said they want to meet up to watch. It's gonna be hilarious!!!

Thanks for reminding me. Jeez that movie fell off my map completely before the release

I nearly had an accident I laughed so much at Zoolander!. Thanks for reminding me about it, I'll have to watch it again, then go see 2 when it's out.

Batman v Superman may flop, I hope not mind. Is Suicide Squad out this year?. Looks good from the trailers and that's usually a really bad thing. Assassin's Creed is something that can't be told in just one film IMO, so if they try to pack everything into 2hrs then we'll probably have a flop. Fingers crossed this doesn't happen!.

Thank you for clarifying the definition of flop here. 

1)I like your order but because of what we have done to video game movies in the past AC and Warcraft will be wrestling for the top spot.

2) I think that no matter how good or bad the Star Trek movie is it will get hate because the Fast and Furious Director is in charge of this one, i've seen way too many "Enterprise NOS jokes" (although funny) to know that this will not be given a chance no matter what.

3) I never cared for Zoolander personally and I don't see how this one can be any better

4) Independence Day..i just look at this film as "ID4 the next generation"  

5) The Angry Birds movie - No explanation needed

6) The 5th wave - When earth's defenses are shattered and completely reliant upon a group of teenagers to turn the tide (seeing the trailer) i get pretty hesitant.

7) Now you see me 2 - i dont have a good reason here its just a gut feeling.

Im sure there are others that was just what I saw on 2016 IMDB