100% Uncharted 2 vs. Uncharted 3

OneDeepMexican

100% Uncharted Games (dlc trophies)  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these did you find less stressful to get?

• Uncharted 2
    • Uncharted 3
    • Fuck your question, both are shit

Man, these dlc trophies straight up suck, and this is with boosting, and all I have experienced is Uncharted 2, I haven't even tried going for the Uncharted 3 trophies, and I heard they have luck based crap you need to get.
Question directed mainly to those who have already 100% both (or came close/put a significant time on them)
Which is less annoying/stressful to get out the two?

I have tried a long ass time ago putting in work for Uncharted 2, gave up, tried it again recently since I had free time over the holidays, but thinking about giving up again. just too time consuming
want to see if I should might as well give up now, halfway with UC 2 but if UC 3 is worse, I might just stop

With a dedicated group Uncharted 2 is just a matter of time and coordination to get. The coop trophies are skill based but extremely doable, once I almost completed a mission on Crushing by myself (2 rookies alongside me that couldn't shoot for shit) but halfway through I realized there is more to life than wasting every night for DLC trophies with 40% rarity. Uncharted 3 I never bothered to consider boosting for, but it is harder.

Edited by NICK16_06
  • Like 1

With a dedicated group Uncharted 2 is just a matter of time and coordination to get. The coop trophies are skill based but extremely doable, once I almost completed a mission on Crushing by myself (2 rookies alongside me that couldn't shoot for shit) but halfway through I realized there is more to life than wasting every night for DLC trophies with 40% rarity. Uncharted 3 I never bothered to consider boosting for, but it is harder.

I feel the exact same way

To me Uncharted 2 wasnt too bad as most of the DLC trophies I got just from playing regulary when the servers were full. The trophies also seem quite easy to boost if you have a good group, just time consuming. 

I havent even attempted to 100% Uncharted 3 due to seeing so many people sink hours into it and still haven't got the trophies. I might give it a go before Uncharted 4 comes out but I doubt I'll seriously try and 100% it

I'm currently working on Uc2 and there are definitely some trophies you gotta boost unless you're super awesome but imo most of them can be done legit in no time. And I suck at this game. :D No experience on Uc3...

Oh but that wasn't the question. If it feels like a waste of time then it probably is. Speaking for myself, meh, might as well knock this stuff down.

Edited by Samis-86
  • Like 1

I've been trying to boost UC3 for a little while. It's definitely doable I'm sitting at 73% right now. Luckily I'm matched with people who are experienced in boosting in this game and they have really good coordination with each other and I've learned a few tricks as to how to get things done quicker. It takes a LONG time to get the match wins for the game modes and boosting certain kills for trophies also is very time-consuming, I'm taking a break for a while though. I've never tried boosting UC2 so I have no opinion on that game at the moment.

Edited by WinterHitman

I got 100% in U2 back in the day, and I had fun doing it.  U3's DLC trophies look and feel like a chore, but I keep going back and forth as to whether or not I want to earn the rest of them. -_-  I just wish that Naughty Dog would learn that people will boost trophies, and allow them to be earned in private matches like nearly all of any other games with MP trophies.

Edited by themindisacity
  • Like 4

Hard question, both are extremely taxing. However, I must say U2 is easier because it doesn't have a luck-based trophy, and it doesn't have bullshit trophies like Curator or All Together Now. I mean, there is no boosting those treasures, you either need skill or luck to get these, and time, lots of time.

All U2 trophies you can get by boosting, which makes it a breeze if you had a decent internet connection.

• Like 1

UC2 is definitely easier, you can do it fast and very efficiently with a good boosting team, UC3 takes hundreds of hours even with boosting partners, but if you do it on and off like I did it looks like less of a chore

I do have friends that have played over 100 hours just to get 1 treasure that simply doesn't spawn for them, it's very luck based (and stupid)

• Like 1

Both are annoying, but i think U2 is easier to 100% because you can simply boost everything, and the co-op trophies only require you to survive until the end... not do a certain objective.

U3 has its BS treasure system and one of the co-op trophies (Monastery's Curator medal) can be frustrating if you and your team don't coordinate or know the stage very well.

I hate to sound like a jerk but I picked the third option "**** your question, both are ****"

They're almost like the Assassin Creed multiplayer trophies. You really don't want to do them, that's not why you bought the games but there is an urge for you to do so, because there is a sense of accomplishment. UC2 is definitely doable, but there is no way in hell I'm doing UC3 multiplayer trophies, that's way too much work.

• Like 1

I've done both and boosted a lot.

It took me 35 hours to 100% the DLC in Uncharted 2 and about 180h for the DLC in Uncharted 3.

Well, i guess it's easy to say Uncharted 3 is way more to do.

Took me about 100h of these to find the treasures, alone 30h it took me to get the last on.

In Uncharted 2 you hardly need to boost something, but it makes it easier.

Same for Uncharted 3 (but you should have a good team to do the co-op trophies).

Cheers

I've done both and boosted a lot.

It took me 35 hours to 100% the DLC in Uncharted 2 and about 180h for the DLC in Uncharted 3.

Well, i guess it's easy to say Uncharted 3 is way more to do.

Took me about 100h of these to find the treasures, alone 30h it took me to get the last on.

In Uncharted 2 you hardly need to boost something, but it makes it easier.

Same for Uncharted 3 (but you should have a good team to do the co-op trophies).

Cheers

God that's insane.

I've poured in 30-50 hours on Red Dead Redemption multiplayer. A little time consuming to reach rank 50 and pass into Legend, but this was when I wasn't going for trophies, I just wanted a good multiplayer experience.

I got 100% in both Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3.

U3 is definetely the more frustrating one. The coop missions and their related trophies are much harder and getting all the treassures takes a huge amount of boosting. Uncharted 2 is also somewhat of a grind, but not nearly as frustrating as Uncharted 3.

However, if you are like me, getting these trophies was like finding the holy grail. The Uncharted franchise is somehow the Playstation flagship, and getting these two games to 100% is probably my proudest trophy achievement. Not only because of the huge grind, but also because of the somewhat difficult trophies related to the coop mission.s You need extreme coordination between all players to 100% these games.

Whenever i unlock trophies like these, I really feel it's worth it. It's such a good feeling compared to unlocking a borring Assassin's Creed story-related trophy...

I got 100% in both Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3.

U3 is definetely the more frustrating one. The coop missions and their related trophies are much harder and getting all the treassures takes a huge amount of boosting. Uncharted 2 is also somewhat of a grind, but not nearly as frustrating as Uncharted 3.

However, if you are like me, getting these trophies was like finding the holy grail. The Uncharted franchise is somehow the Playstation flagship, and getting these two games to 100% is probably my proudest trophy achievement. Not only because of the huge grind, but also because of the somewhat difficult trophies related to the coop mission.s You need extreme coordination between all players to 100% these games.

Whenever i unlock trophies like these, I really feel it's worth it. It's such a good feeling compared to unlocking a borring Assassin's Creed story-related trophy...

Definitely. The more difficult trophies are usually more rewarding.

Assassins Creed games are generally easy, usually the only real challenges are those trophies you get from 100 synchronization, mostly on hiding and not killing anyone. 

• 1 year later...

Uncharted 3 is less stressful for me.

I used discord for Uncharted 2 and there was no communication or co-ordination, everybody wanting to do their various kill trophies within one match was like organised chaos. Eventually, I walked away from it from about a month and me and my friend came back with alternate accounts and a couple of hardcore trophy hunters and we set up a bunch of sessions that were kill by pulldown only which was to serve as an incentive to some people as because we were running alternate accounts, they could get more kills per session. Eventually, I got 100%

Learning my lesson from Uncharted 2, I used my alternate account to farm treasures in hunter arena which was pretty easy and I was very lucky. Thankfully, the people I boosted Uncharted 2 with had desire to do Uncharted 3 as well and I knew a couple of people who wanted to do it as well and my friend put me in touch with a couple of his friends who also wanted to boost Uncharted 3 so we've done it privately without psn profiles from scratch and now we are getting close to being done. The arena trophy on crushing is a cheap unfair punishing challenge and I haven't got round to doing overseer yet but it is a boring grind but I'll be proud to get that 100% afterwards :)