Mighty no.9 delayed a 3rd time lmao.

Daniel_Shadow170

Well Electronic Boutique has been around since 1977. I remember visiting EB Games when I was a kid in the 90s. But yeah, people who preorder games are giving their money in hopes that companies release the game as advertised. I never really understood giving money (whether it is 5$ or 70$) months or years in advance for a game that you don't know is going to be any good or not.

I also don't pre-order, but to be fair, you still don't know if a game is going to be any good or not *for you* until you actually play it, regardless if it isn't out for a year or has been out for five years.

I also don't pre-order, but to be fair, you still don't know if a game is going to be any good or not *for you* until you actually play it, regardless if it isn't out for a year or has been out for five years.

But at least reviews will be out if you wait.

In Canada new games are 79.99$ so I never buy anything at launch. I wait a couple of months for a EB Games sale or a PSN sale. Guaranteed that all games go on sale by at least 20$ in the first couple of months.

Well Electronic Boutique has been around since 1977. I remember visiting EB Games when I was a kid in the 90s. But yeah, people who preorder games are giving their money in hopes that companies release the game as advertised. I never really understood giving money (whether it is 5$ or 70$) months or years in advance for a game that you don't know is going to be any good or not.

Yeah, pre-orders doesn't make much sense unless you are very confident you'll get what you want and there's some other incentive to do so.

Crowdfunding is a sort of pre-order, but you're helping making the game happen. If there's not enough interest of people wanting to put their wallet where their mouth is, then it can become a very expensive affair for the people who make the game. It's very useful in cases where a game probably wouldn't be created or ported or whatever if it isn't the case.

Yeah, pre-orders doesn't make much sense unless you are very confident you'll get what you want and there's some other incentive to do so.

Crowdfunding is a sort of pre-order, but you're helping making the game happen. If there's not enough interest of people wanting to put their wallet where their mouth is, then it can become a very expensive affair for the people who make the game. It's very useful in cases where a game probably wouldn't be created or ported or whatever if it isn't the case.

Preordering is sort of the same as crowd funding though. If a game only gets 1 or 2 preorders at a store then the company is only going to order 3 or 4 copies. Which means it gets placed on lower priority spots on the EB Wall and less people buy it. If a game gets tons of preorders then it gets more copies shipped to the store, higher priority spots (making it seem like a bigger deal) and it will be featured more often.

As for Kickstarter and Crowdfunding there are just too many examples of people who don't know what they are doing asking for money that it makes it hard to wade through the filth to find a project that is worth a damn. Then when a legit company comes around and fucks up (see Mighty No 9) that sours the experience even more because if they can't do it...what hope does the rest of the people have :(

But at least reviews will be out if you wait.

In Canada new games are 79.99$ so I never buy anything at launch. I wait a couple of months for a EB Games sale or a PSN sale. Guaranteed that all games go on sale by at least 20$ in the first couple of months.

Best Buy is better for clearance and actual sales.

You are near the West Coast....early dibs on items. East coast gets the scraps. Can't wake up  3am just to check out the new items on sale.

Ebgames is now worth any of my time. Unless you have a platinum card...finish a game in a day or 2 and exchange it for another game.

The only time I was interested in going into their shop is when I saw Transformers Devastation for $25. 

Best Buy is better for clearance and actual sales.

You are near the West Coast....early dibs on items. East coast gets the scraps. Can't wake up  3am just to check out the new items on sale.

Ebgames is now worth any of my time. Unless you have a platinum card...finish a game in a day or 2 and exchange it for another game.

The only time I was interested in going into their shop is when I saw Transformers Devastation for $25. 

The problem with Best Buy or Walmart sales is we have a guy in Winnipeg that goes to all the stores and buys up all the copies and then sells them at his store PnP games. When I worked for playstation still, Walmart ran a deal where the 320G Move PS3 was on sale for 299 (100$ less than normal). They were 100% sold out before I hit my first store to put up signage.

When I asked about it they told me "yeah a guy came in and bought all of them" I told them "you realize you cost your store close to 2000$ in sales because Walmart had lowered the price not Playstation (so they still owed Playstation the full 399 price for each console) and you didn't upsell any accessories or games with those systems (which is where they would have made up the revenue). Their faces were like :o. Sure enough at every store I went to it was the same story.

• 4 weeks later...

The game will release on 21st June in US & Asia-region and on 24th June in the rest of the world:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/1563763?ref=backer_project_update

EDIT says I should mention that this only applies to console & PC-versions. 3DS- and PS Vita-dates are still to be announced somewhere later.

Edited by crimsonidol

• 1 month later...

the game is out at least on PS4, judging by reviewers and players from all around the world who played it, it plays same as the early demos and it's not well received.

some say mega man series are still far much better, other said the game is below average but most of them agree that at least it's not a disaster and the explosion still looks like someone tried to draw a pizza using Microsoft paint.

• Like 1

I don't know if I should place my 2 cents on this, but I think that people wanted Mighty No. 9 to be the same as the Megaman series just because it's from the same creator. I still have yet to play the game (I bought it today, but don't have access to the PS4 yet), but after watching Dashie play the game, it still peaks my interest. And yeah, yellowwindow7 is correct with regards to the explosions lol.

Please don't happen to Yooka Laylee

worried.gif

Or Bloodstained! That would be a real tragedy lol.

That would make me cry like an anime fan on prom night.  :P

Seriously though, I backed both games, so they better be good!  xD At the very least, I don't think they could be quite as disastrous as Mighty No.9, even if they tried. 

Edited by Undead Wolf