Project Platinum: Dynasty Warriors (old->closed)

Xionx

• 2 weeks later...

Just got Samurai Warriors 4 in the mail yesterday so eventually I'll get that down...got Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage as well and that's probably gonna be first. :P

SW 4 was awesome in my opinion ! a lot of fun .

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Updated:

Platinum
1. Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
2. Dynasty Warriors 7
3. DYNASTY WARRIORS 7 Empires
4. DYNASTY WARRIORS 7: Xtreme Legends
5. DYNASTY WARRIORS 8
6. WARRIORS OROCHI 3

7. Arslan:The Warriors of Legend

8. Samurai Warriors 4

9. Samurai Warriors 4 Empire

Still in progress
1. DYNASTY WARRIORS 8: Xtreme Legends
2. SAMURAI WARRIORS 4-II
3. WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate

Impossible to plat (thanks to certain boosting trophies)

1. DYNASTY WARRIORS NEXT

Still in progress

2. SAMURAI WARRIORS 4-II

3. WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate

The grind for that one is beyond any of the musou games I've played. My brother and I are currently working on this one and I'm so damn happy I re-downloaded the vanilla game to upload my save progress and then download it for Ultimate. Otherwise I'd have none of the progress I have now lol.

Updated: (Rank Up)

Platinum

1. Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires

2. Dynasty Warriors 7

3. DYNASTY WARRIORS 7 Empires

4. DYNASTY WARRIORS 7: Xtreme Legends

5. DYNASTY WARRIORS 8

6. WARRIORS OROCHI 3

7. Arslan:The Warriors of Legend

8. Samurai Warriors 4

9. Samurai Warriors 4 Empire

10. Samurai Warrior 4-II

SW4 = 148 hours and 42 minutes

SW4E = 47 hours and 17 minutes

SW4-II = 149 hours and 14 minutes (including ~5 hours of "passing out" while grinding)

Still in progress

2. WARRIORS OROCHI 3 Ultimate

Impossible to plat (thanks to certain boosting trophies)

1. DYNASTY WARRIORS NEXT

Edited by hasegawa2010

Sign me up, please. I currently have 6 platinums right now:

• Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
  • Dynasty Warriors 7
  • Dynasty Warriors 8
  • Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends
  • Samurai Warriors 4-II
  • Warriors Orochi 3

So, that's the Strategist rank. Got a bunch more waiting to be plat'd but I figured I'd take my time to get to them.

Edited by FallenElysion

The grind for that one is beyond any of the musou games I've played. My brother and I are currently working on this one and I'm so damn happy I re-downloaded the vanilla game to upload my save progress and then download it for Ultimate. Otherwise I'd have none of the progress I have now lol.

Same here, I'm glad that I don't have to start from scratch.

I heard the WO3U Dungeon Pack is really useful to reduce the time to plat.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/wo3u_dungeon-pack-/cid=UP4108-CUSA00588_00-WO3UDUNGEON00001

Edited by hasegawa2010
  • Like 1

Same here, I'm glad that I don't have to start from scratch.

I heard the WO3U Dungeon Pack is really useful to reduce the time to plat.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/wo3u_dungeon-pack-/cid=UP4108-CUSA00588_00-WO3UDUNGEON00001

:hmm: I believe there are 3 dlc stages in gauntlet mode already you just have to beat it once, or at least they appeared for us. The first stage is a massive help in getting allies you can't seem to find. We weren't aware of that before hand though lmfao. For the most part we took the long way to the plat. :facepalm: (I'm betting there are a handful of hours spent just goofing around in some of the stages.)

This is going to sound weird, but I think the grind is longer in WO3U, but DW8E is still a longer game because of how it is set up. My brother and I are nearly done with WO3U and thanks to some things we weren't aware of it won't take as long as we though. Which is good because the Ezio Collection releases soon. :D

:hmm: I believe there are 3 dlc stages in gauntlet mode already you just have to beat it once, or at least they appeared for us. The first stage is a massive help in getting allies you can't seem to find. We weren't aware of that before hand though lmfao. For the most part we took the long way to the plat. :facepalm: (I'm betting there are a handful of hours spent just goofing around in some of the stages.)

This is going to sound weird, but I think the grind is longer in WO3U, but DW8E is still a longer game because of how it is set up. My brother and I are nearly done with WO3U and thanks to some things we weren't aware of it won't take as long as we though. Which is good because the Ezio Collection releases soon. :D

Are those stages called as Mt. Xingshi, Koshi Castle, and Wuhong Mountains? If so, I think I have these stages as well. Thanks for the info, I will use the 1st stage to get new allies.

About Dungeon Pack, some ppl said mystic weapons and the max proficiency cards can be obtained easily.

How is DW8E's gameplay? I didn't like DW7E, it was waste of money to pay for full price because it actually sucked, imo. You should play SW4E, it's the best Empire game I ever played (of course, since it's latest Empire game :P). SW4E took me ~47 hours to plat, however, it can be platted in 40 hours or less if you can do multiple tasks (event, tactic, etc.) at same time. The story mode is really short because you can pick any clan in a scenario which has an easy goal such as destroy certain clan or conquer a specific region instead of unifying the country which takes more time. After you clear that easy goal then you can continue the game with a new goal "unify the country", however, it's waste of time to do it since the game already marks that scenario is complete.

Oh, you guys take turn to grind or co-op at same time? I passed out a few times while grinding Warriors games. Watching movie while grinding in the only way to make me stay awake and forget how tedious grinding is :(.

Do you play Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence and Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII? I'm waiting for Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Ascension's price drops since I already bought the base game; therefore I don't like to pay full price for a game twice because this game is just expansion.

It seems you are a big fan of AC series :) .

Are those stages called as Mt. Xingshi, Koshi Castle, and Wuhong Mountains? If so, I think I have these stages as well. Thanks for the info, I will use the 1st stage to get new allies.

About Dungeon Pack, some ppl said mystic weapons and the max proficiency cards can be obtained easily.

How is DW8E's gameplay? I didn't like DW7E, it was waste of money to pay for full price because it actually sucked, imo. You should play SW4E, it's the best Empire game I ever played (of course, since it's latest Empire game :P). SW4E took me ~47 hours to plat, however, it can be platted in 40 hours or less if you can do multiple tasks (event, tactic, etc.) at same time. The story mode is really short because you can pick any clan in a scenario which has an easy goal such as destroy certain clan or conquer a specific region instead of unifying the country which takes more time. After you clear that easy goal then you can continue the game with a new goal "unify the country", however, it's waste of time to do it since the game already marks that scenario is complete.

Oh, you guys take turn to grind or co-op at same time? I passed out a few times while grinding Warriors games. Watching movie while grinding in the only way to make me stay awake and forget how tedious grinding is :(.

Do you play Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence and Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII? I'm waiting for Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence - Ascension's price drops since I already bought the base game; therefore I don't like to pay full price for a game twice because this game is just expansion.

It seems you are a big fan of AC series :) .

Yeah those are the stages. Here's something to know about the stage though. The ally stones come from the chests. You won't get anything from defeating officers. The entire stage is one gigantic power level. Every single enemy drops 150exp. The weapons become a non-factor once you know which characters are game breaking. Xu Shu and Susanoo are the best. The regular mystic weapons are good until you get into the gauntlet mode and the 4 stars come up and you can get a 99 compatibility bonus. The X weapons are still the strongest, but as I said, with the right character and ability set up on a weapon it becomes less important. (For instance equipping osmosis, absorption, and frenzy on Susanoo pretty much guarantees a win)

DW8E's gameplay was...ugh. I mean it plays like any other DW game but the Empires part of it was irritating. It was so in depth and you had to be really careful about your actions and certain other factors. I definitely see why it's a UR. Nobody wants to go through that kind of hassle lol. I had about 4 separate notepads saved for specific notes and lifestyles and titles. -_- I definitely plan on playing SW4E. Probably get SW4-II first as soon as my local gamestop has it. I plan on giving PS Now a trial run one day and DW7E is going to be my first game. I just want the set lol.

We split screen and take turns. We've been playing since DW3 and no matter how repetitive the games can get we just love the series. :D Warriors Orochi mixing all of the character's from other games is nice to see. (Even though we haven't played some of them.)

I haven't played the strategy games. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't enjoy them as games despite liking the content. The most I deviated from the normal DW/SW gameplay would be Kessen. Bladestorm is supposedly like that game in terms of gameplay so maybe I'll give that a go one day. :dunno:

• Like 1

Could you sign me up for this? Not sure what rank Id fall into but... Im hoping to get as many warriors plats as i can.

Please tell me which Plats you have :) i cannot brows through every member :)

Thread is up to date now .  some new Members and some rank ups :) keep it up guys.

Please tell me which Plats you have :) i cannot brows through every member :)

Whoops, My bad.

Dynasty Warriors 8

Dynasty Warriors 8 XL

Samurai Warriors 4

Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3

Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn

Warriors - Legends of Troy

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

Arslan Warriors of Legend.

Oh right. Is Berserk and the band of the hawk going to be Included? When it comes out of course.

Allow me to briefly hijack this thread to ask a semi-related question or two:

• How similar to the Dynasty Warriors games are the Samurai Warriors games?
  • Is the arc of SW4/SW4-II/SW4E similar to the arc of DW8/DW8XL/DW8E?

Just wondering, given I'm thinking about trying Samurai Warriors 4 once I whittle my backlog down a little bit more.... and I've played the Dynasty Warriors series extensively since 6-Empires.

Whoops, My bad.

Dynasty Warriors 8

Dynasty Warriors 8 XL

Samurai Warriors 4

Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3

Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn

Warriors - Legends of Troy

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

Arslan Warriors of Legend.

Oh right. Is Berserk and the band of the hawk going to be Included? When it comes out of course.

I add you in a minute :)  i dont know berserk and the hawk , but i will do some research.

Just wondering, given I'm thinking about trying Samurai Warriors 4 once I whittle my backlog down a little bit more.... and I've played the Dynasty Warriors series extensively since 6-Empires.

gameplay wise is DW and SW pretty much the same , there are some minor differences but even some DW games are different to other DW games.

Story wise is DW about Asia "history"  and SW is about japanese "history".  In Warriors Orochi both "universe" get into one game  :)

Pretty similar. Samurai Warriors has some different combat mechanics and is a bit more mission oriented. 

SW4-II is more along the lines of an improvement from what I read. It eliminates a mode and adds a mode which is great because the mode they eliminated was beyond ridiculously boring. I've never played a SWE game so I can't comment there.

HWimP7b.png

Dynasty Warriors 7

Dynasty Warriors 8

Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires

Dynasty Warriors 7 Empires

Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires

Dynasty Warriors 7 Xtrem Legends

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtrem Legends

Dynasty Warriors Next

Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce

Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2