Race Of The Trio - 2016 Platinum Challenge

Race Of The Trio  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Finish 1st In This Challenge?

1 hour ago, Razza said:

Well I suppose then if I'm not allowed to get close to a platinum for it to count then I had better just grab another :P

:platinum: #150 

1Sb9e3d0.png

Until Dawn - 24.73% Uncommon 

I know I had stated before that platinum 150 was going to be Final Fantasy X but after returning to this game these past couple of weeks with a friend to do multiple playthroughs I thought this would be a really cool platinum to have as 150 as it's a platinum we both worked towards :D Don't worry though I am still enjoying the phenomenal Final Fantasy X and although it won't be #150 that won't take anything away from the amount of sheer fun I am having with that game :D 

I will update all images and points tomorrow on the OP as it's getting late here and I have got an early start tomorrow :)  

Congrats with the plat and the milestone :yay: .

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Razza said:

I was going to ask you how FF XIV was going dude as it seems like you have been putting in the work on that game :D  It's also awesome to see we are both going for a FF platinum this close to the end of the year :D time to hop on our Chocobo's and ride the rest of this year out in style :P 

So far it's going well. If I'm putting in a few hours each day I should be able to grab the plat by the end of the year. But it'd be even cooler to make it as my milestone so maybe I have to change plans and grab some more plats too. Not sure if thats possible before the end of this year tho. It's gonna be thrilling to see who comes out on top. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Floriiss said:

So far it's going well. If I'm putting in a few hours each day I should be able to grab the plat by the end of the year. But it'd be even cooler to make it as my milestone so maybe I have to change plans and grab some more plats too. Not sure if thats possible before the end of this year tho. It's gonna be thrilling to see who comes out on top. :)

Well the OP is now all fixed with updates added as well and it seems I still hold a very narrow lead in this race :) although I still feel like the fate of this race is still completely in your hands :) also I added a little kick up the ass for dragon as he seems to need it :P 

19 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Luckily the dragon scales protect me :awesome:  .

But will they protect you from all the wounds that will be made once you come last in this race and let everyone down :P shocking how I was the lowest voted person but yet I have held my own through all this :D

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Floriiss said:

Sup fellas. Grabbed myself another platinum. Getting close to 150 now. Only one week left till the competition is over. Can he make it?!

:platinum: #146: Resident Evil Revelations 2

1L85d6d2.png

The Never-Ending Nightmare
Unlock all trophies.

4.03% - ULTRA RARE (2 points)

Nice, congrats :yay: . You could always get My Name is Mayo. It's cross-buy, so 2 plats in about an hour.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Floriiss said:

Sup fellas. Grabbed myself another platinum. Getting close to 150 now. Only one week left till the competition is over. Can he make it?!

:platinum: #146: Resident Evil Revelations 2

1L85d6d2.png

The Never-Ending Nightmare
Unlock all trophies.

4.03% - ULTRA RARE (2 points)

Well I think this will now be enough for you to win this as I don't see me finishing FF X before the end of the year :P 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

Nice, congrats :yay: . You could always get My Name is Mayo. It's cross-buy, so 2 plats in about an hour.

I've got mixed feelings about that one. I'd love to try it out, but honestly I think that after platting it, I'll feel really dirty and cheap. Think it'd be the same as I'd put in Hannah Montennah or Terminator Salvation into my system. Just.. ugh i don't know. Trophy whorism confirmed? Quality over Quantity for sure. Then again, if the game is great then why not. I've done some fast platinums before (i.e Goat Simulator and Coffin Dodgers). Those were pretty fun and didn't regret playing them. As for Mayo I don't know.. 

2 hours ago, Razza said:

Well I think this will now be enough for you to win this as I don't see me finishing FF X before the end of the year :P 

Oh you just wait. I'm not done yet :eyebrow:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Floriiss said:

I've got mixed feelings about that one. I'd love to try it out, but honestly I think that after platting it, I'll feel really dirty and cheap. Think it'd be the same as I'd put in Hannah Montennah or Terminator Salvation into my system. Just.. ugh i don't know. Trophy whorism confirmed? Quality over Quantity for sure. Then again, if the game is great then why not. I've done some fast platinums before (i.e Goat Simulator and Coffin Dodgers). Those were pretty fun and didn't regret playing them. As for Mayo I don't know.. 

Oh you just wait. I'm not done yet :eyebrow:

You have one of the best trophy collections I have ever see. Don't stain it with something Ike Mayo xD.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

You have one of the best trophy collections I have ever see. Don't stain it with something Ike Mayo xD.

Haha thanks dude! Much appreciated! Yeah kind of agree, think Mayo would make the list less impressive. I'd rather avoid playing super fast and easy games to platinum. Dunno, it just feels really cheap and not like you've earned the platinum at all. Must be the reason why I stick to harder games a lot :P

12 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

How close are you to 100% sphere grid? :P

I've finally got all the triple AP weapons and I would say about 80% done with Yuna and Lulu and the rest around 30 - 40% done :) so a good few hours left but the prep work is all done just the grinding on spheres and levels :) 

15 minutes ago, Razza said:

I've finally got all the triple AP weapons and I would say about 80% done with Yuna and Lulu and the rest around 30 - 40% done :) so a good few hours left but the prep work is all done just the grinding on spheres and levels :) 

Wait, so you already went around the sphere grid a single time? Cause you'll need to go around and fill all the empty nodes too :)

• Like 1

Just now, Griffon234 said:

Wait, so you already went around the sphere grid a single time? Cause you'll need to go around and fill all the empty nodes too :)

not quite all the way around yet but am filling it as I'm going around it :) 

1 minute ago, Razza said:

not quite all the way around yet but am filling it as I'm going around it :) 

Ah ok, nice, I ended up running a lap around it and another to fill all the empty nodes, but I'd assume yours is a little more efficient.

Hopefully you don't tear your hair out from the monotony and tedium of blitzball at least

9 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

Ah ok, nice, I ended up running a lap around it and another to fill all the empty nodes, but I'd assume yours is a little more efficient.

Hopefully you don't tear your hair out from the monotony and tedium of blitzball at least

I never understood the blitzball controls during all those playthroughs on the PS2 :| . I'd usually spam Jecht Shot and won most of the times :lol: .

5 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I never understood the blitzball controls during all those playthroughs on the PS2 :| . I'd usually spam Jecht Shot and won most of the times :lol: .

You can win really easily in Blitzball by just scoring one goal, and then taking the ball and sitting next to your goalie and going AFK, because the AI is mentally handicapped.

But each match is still going to last at minimum just over 5 minutes, so it's still tedious. :( 

But slightly less tedious because you don't have to go through the time pausing every goddamn time you score a goal. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Griffon234 said:

You can win really easily in Blitzball by just scoring one goal, and then taking the ball and sitting next to your goalie and going AFK, because the AI is mentally handicapped.

But each match is still going to last at minimum just over 5 minutes, so it's still tedious. :( 

But slightly less tedious because you don't have to go through the time pausing every goddamn time you score a goal. 

*Takes notes*  this is good stuff, thanks :D .

• Like 1