Standard Neptunia Trophies?

Kishnabe

First off, I'm impressed you can do it in 25-30s. I don't think I can get myself that coordinated right now.

Second, since the healing automatically stops when the person is full health, even if I use a turbo controller, it stops when the person is fully healed, leaving the remaining cards. (If I hear the SR sound effect early enough, I can stop it earlier, but that is a bit more difficult). I'll see for myself how much I can reduce the time to open cards when I do the NA version.

It is completely luck based, but it doesn't play like Stella's dungeon. Think about it like a collectible card game where you have to collect every card. You have 30 boosters with 1 card each, and each card can be either common, rare, or super rare. If you don't have all the cards after opening those 30, then you have to get more boosters and hope you can can get all the cards eventually.

Thanks. That's going to be a little annoying (I have terrible luck xD).

Anyone have a recommendation on when to aim for lvl 99? First or 2nd playthrough?

I was debating doing it in my first playthrough, and hoping that the time I save by having higher level characters is greater than the time it takes me to get enough scouting done to find the metal slimes.

I personally didn't bother until my second playthrough since I felt it was better to do all my scouting in the second playthrough since none of it carries over from playthrough to playthrough.

Since I had to cook lunch anyway, I decided to experiment with scouting and found out something interesting, you can access the metal slime before, imo, the hardest storyline fight in the game (the first battle with 4 bosses in heart dimension). Admittedly this completely ruins any difficulty the game has for normal content, but it does make things a lot easier.

Not sure if a prereq, but I had to do open the way to the 2nd dungeon in heart dimension before my saving and loading of scouting turned up the dungeon in question.

(and sry being intentionally vague to avoid giving away too many spoilers)

Edited by bladesoframen

Since I had to cook lunch anyway, I decided to experiment with scouting and found out something interesting, you can access the metal slime before, imo, the hardest storyline fight in the game (the first battle with 4 bosses in heart dimension). Admittedly this completely ruins any difficulty the game has for normal content, but it does make things a lot easier.

Not sure if a prereq, but I had to do open the way to the 2nd dungeon in heart dimension before my saving and loading of scouting turned up the dungeon in question.

(and sry being intentionally vague to avoid giving away too many spoilers)

That's actually pretty useful to know for my Korean run since I can't get that DLC.

You sound as if you've never played MK2 or Victory when they both require 2 or more playthroughs to get the platinum, that isn't anything new here.

MK2 yea, but Victory is by no means 2 playthroughs game.

It's been a year since I played Nep game with 2 playthroughs, it is something new :P

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Is the Hyper Dimension route shorter than the Heart Dimension route for the ending? It felt like that for me anyway.

As for status check, I made a silly error, and missed the True ending in my second playthrough, so I ended up taking a 3rd playthrough to get the True end. Current playtime logged is 25 hrs and I have 2 SR cards (in 20-30min). If I play the game well I should be able to do the game slightly below the previously predicted 35 hrs.  (Note: I got this time knowing how to progress through the game relatively quickly, and if you haven't played the game before, despite couting the time I let the game idle, I don't expect you to replicate it)

Edited by bladesoframen

Well, that's not gonna happen since it would have to happen in JP version :P

what I mean is that is all three JP, NA and Europe. Also didn't I already tell you that United States and South Korea superceed Japan in Hyperdimension standards which is why both those regions get better stuff. Though DLC will be the same for all regions.

Edited by TheVader66

Though DLC will be the same for all regions.

And that's why it would have to happen in JP version first :P

Not to mention this would have to be developed, this doesn't have anything to do with Neps being more popular in the West.

Developer is Compile Heart, obviously they would first release it for Japan ;)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

Better stuff, in what way?

Limited Editions, since the fanbase in United States and South Korea are bigger than Japan, Idea Factory rewards with more stuff. For Example:

Japan limited Editon: The Game, PS4 faceplate, 3 audio discs, Poster

United States Limited Edition: The Game, PS4 skin, A plushy, 2 audio discs and Poster

South Korea Limited Edition: Both Japan and US combined but with a Golden PS4 faceplate

Also it doesn't help that in Japan, Megadimension Neptunia was a flop. So they hope to make money back with the US, Europe and South Korea.

Limited Editions, since the fanbase in United States and South Korea are bigger than Japan, Idea Factory rewards with more stuff. For Example:

Japan limited Editon: The Game, PS4 faceplate, 3 audio discs, Poster

United States Limited Edition: The Game, PS4 skin, A plushy, 2 audio discs and Poster

South Korea Limited Edition: Both Japan and US combined but with a Golden PS4 faceplate

Also it doesn't help that in Japan, Megadimension Neptunia was a flop. So they hope to make money back with the US, Europe and South Korea.

The thing you're forgetting is how JP shops heavily reward preorders, since there were shops that included a nice A3 or larger cloth poster/tapestry if you preordered the game, making jp preorders a lot better imo. In America, you can't have an artist make a piece of art, print a few hundred copies on cloth, and sell them with your game and still expect to turn a decent profit (or maybe you can, but I never seen anyone do it).

Admittedly you can also get weird overkill exclusive CEs in Japan like https://ebten.jp/p/4995857093793/(1 B2 cloth poster, 10 plastic posters, a cup, and a keychain).

As for sales wise, if I remember correctly, it sold 30k, which I guess is a flop for a main series title, but it got decent ratings from players and sold better than Disgaea 5 which released during the same week or previous week. Knowing CH/IFs business model, they can eat the lost knowing that they ported all of their Neptunia assets to the PS4 and use them to cheaply develop another game.

The thing you're forgetting is how JP shops heavily reward preorders, since there were shops that included a nice A3 or larger cloth poster/tapestry if you preordered the game, making jp preorders a lot better imo. In America, you can't have an artist make a piece of art, print a few hundred copies on cloth, and sell them with your game and still expect to turn a decent profit (or maybe you can, but I never seen anyone do it).

Admittedly you can also get weird overkill exclusive CEs in Japan like https://ebten.jp/p/4995857093793/(1 B2 cloth poster, 10 plastic posters, a cup, and a keychain).

As for sales wise, if I remember correctly, it sold 30k, which I guess is a flop for a main series title, but it got decent ratings from players and sold better than Disgaea 5 which released during the same week or previous week. Knowing CH/IFs business model, they can eat the lost knowing that they ported all of their Neptunia assets to the PS4 and use them to cheaply develop another game.

Yes, but you are forgetting that I am talking about the publishers and not the shops themselves. If it was publishing alone, the United States and South Korea still get better stuff. Of course there is still stores that offer exclusive content and more content if the product is bought in that shop, that is business in all of Game Industry.

Also even with all the content, it still failed to make get attention of the Japanese people who are more into Mobile industry which is Why Nintendo 3DS and PSVita do the best in that territory. Even though it was 30k, Compile Heart still considers it a flop in Japan since they had a lot advertisment for it and bonuses for it, where do you think the stores got deals to sell the extra merchandise, it isn't out sheer kindness of their heart. There in the same situtation (though not in Economic sense) they were when the original Hyperdimension Neptunia game came out (It also flopped but that was for a different reason) where it failed to get the sales numbers Compile, NIS and SEGA wanted (back when they were working together). So they have to make the money back from the West and Korea, Don't get me wrong, they still made some profit but it isn't enough. Also as you said the new assets can be used for future games on the console.

Edited by TheVader66

Yes, but you are forgetting that I am talking about the publishers and not the shops themselves. If it was publishing alone, the United States and South Korea still get better stuff. Of course there is still stores that offer exclusive content and more content if the product is bought in that shop, that is business in all of Game Industry.

Also even with all the content, it still failed to make get attention of the Japanese people who are more into Mobile industry which is Why Nintendo 3DS and PSVita do the best in that territory. Even though it was 30k, Compile Heart still considers it a flop in Japan since they had a lot advertisment for it and bonuses for it, where do you think the stores got deals to sell the extra merchandise, it isn't out sheer kindness of their heart. There in the same situtation (though not in Economic sense) they were when the original Hyperdimension Neptunia game came out (It also flopped but that was for a different reason) where it failed to get the sales numbers Compile, NIS and SEGA wanted. So they have to make the money back from the West and Korea, Don't get me wrong, they still made some profit but it isn't enough. Also as you said the new assets can be used for future games on the console.

Personally, I disliked the US CE for VII because I hate super small artbooks (http://puu.sh/mU7wb/8e42f7b78c.jpg), Umio's eyes on the plush don't really capture him very well, and stickers are not as awesome as an actual faceplate, but I will agree that the US CE had a higher production cost than the JP CE. However, in JP, you know there will be more to the preorder because of the stores. In the US, you buy the CE from IFI's store or not get one at all, so I think it is unfair to discount the publisher like that.

Also, virtually every Neptunia spinoff has sold under 30k, yet they still pump them out. Blanc had even more preorder options from stores than VII did and sold worse. Preorder bonuses exist to command the higher price tag from early orders, and it is a fact that the Japanese economy can support such things. As long as the store can keep the print runs reasonable, they'll turn a profit.

Oh well, they pretty much know that they're an international company now with a jp site and a game label for Idea Factory International, so taking a loss in 1 country is probably acceptable.

Edit:

Anyone know a good way to grind money to get Public Relations to Level 10? I repeatedly ran every level of the coliseum, but found that pretty slow.

Here is my current trophy route for 1st playthrough: (

1. Do Zero Dimension normally

2. Do Hyper Dimension normally

2a. If you want to make things a bit more efficient, use scouts to find more scouts to help out for later (and hope one of them has change enemies)

3. Start Heart Dimension normally

4. When you actually, get to the Heart Dimension, send out scouts to the first dungeon.

5. Beat the first dungeon

6. Grind for the materials to craft the Forbidden Twig.

7. When the scouts arrive back, save and load to open up Senmuu Labyrinth.

8. Craft and buy as many forbidden twigs as possible.

9. Go grind on the Big Metal Slime

10. Go onward in storyline, and choose to go on the Hyper Dimension route (since these ppl will be lvl 99)

11. Raise money?

12. Get Level 10 public relations at Uzume's Hideout

13. Get your 250million

14. Do Quiz! Millionep at Ruins of the Heart to get 30 CPU chips

15. Get 1 SR card

16. Do Quiz! Millionep at Planeptune and Leanbox

17. Get a 2nd unique SR card

18. Finish the Ascension Ending

In this way, you can easily get the chips you need for card grinding without having to grind against monsters unless you really want to.

Edited by bladesoframen