Warning for those who got the game early

ShadowStar83x

We’re looking into reports on this matter as we are concerned that consumers playing early will have their game data wiped and all progress deleted due to the server resets taking place prior to launch.

Click bait. Whether it's Capcom intentionally trying to screw over the customers or not, they're putting on an air that this is pre-release type server maintenance. The article that was linked didn't seemed to have any malice toward consumers that purchased their game early either. I know that Capcom isn't exactly known for being the most consumer friendly company, but they don't need any help making an ass out of themselves. They are fully capable of doing it on their own.

• Like 1

It's not a douche move. Then everyone who gets the game at the actual release start out at equal footing. Capcom shouldn't have the servers up before the game is officially out though.

Agree with you, but i think they need to have them up for reviewing, those guys also test the online when writing their shit. Lag test is important.

• Like 1

Agree with you, but i think they need to have them up for reviewing, those guys also test the online when writing their shit. Lag test is important.

Lag test should be done by Capcom themselves for any major lag caused by their netcode.. not the reviewer's job for that.

Lag test should be done by Capcom themselves for any major lag caused by their netcode.. not the reviewer's job for that.

You mean ping refining? To reduce time between two players and all. Lag test done by the reviewers is how they know if the code is good, so they post on their reviews. Just like some also test framerate, like DigitalFoundry.

You mean ping refining? To reduce time between two players and all. Lag test done by the reviewers is how they know if the code is good, so they post on their reviews. Just like some also test framerate, like DigitalFoundry.

While reviewers do review if the game's online is good or not, it doesn't change things sometimes, look at KOFXIII, that game's netcode never improved.  Online netcode is a thing the developers themselves will forward onto their QA team and have them test what they can.  If it was up to the reviewers to do this testing, the game's online won't be playable at launch as reviewers literally only get the game a week or so in advance to everyone.  FR is a bit of a different issue from online.. yes, reviewers will mention if they felt any input lag, but it usually isn't bad by the time they get it (unless the game was poorly developed/tested prior - original FFXIV comes to mind).

Source: I was a reviewer, never did any game company say to me to test out the online especially.. they couldn't care less if I even bothered to review that part of the game.

Edited by DEMON

While reviewers do review if the game's online is good or not, it doesn't change things sometimes, look at KOFXIII, that game's netcode never improved.  Online netcode is a thing the developers themselves will forward onto their QA team and have them test what they can.  If it was up to the reviewers to do this testing, the game's online won't be playable at launch as reviewers literally only get the game a week or so in advance to everyone.  FR is a bit of a different issue from online.. yes, reviewers will mention if they felt any input lag, but it usually isn't bad by the time they get it (unless the game was poorly developed/tested prior - original FFXIV comes to mind).

Source: I was a reviewer, never did any game company say to me to test out the online especially.. they couldn't care less if I even bothered to review that part of the game.

I don't get from where you are getting this "reviewers don't improve netcode". I never said that, i said only what you just addressed, they can and should test the online to inform readers about that information before purchase. Reviewer and beta tester are two different things.