Developer Devotee's

I was just thinking about all the different developers of games, and thought of an idea that might be kinda fun. Each developer is - generally - known for one or two franchises that were the best for them. My idea was this:

Each participant chooses a developer (Ubisoft, Activision, etc)

The participant chooses a list of games developed by them (Undisclosed amount, but 5+ to make it an actual mission :P)

Upon completion, they become a Developer Devotee! (or whatever you want to call it)

You could then try a devotion to another developer, or if you hated it, just go back to project platinum! xD

Maybe there could be award icons too?

For example, if you were to choose Naughty Dog, and choose the 4 Uncharted games and the 3 Jak games, you'd become a ND Devotee! :)

Please note, however, that you cannot use previously unlocked platinums. For this game, you must start fresh with a developer you have not yet completed the games for!

Participants

Zomb1e_Kira - Gearbox

Waffles - Metal Gear Solid

Kishnabe - Atlus

Satoshi Ookami - Falcom

DanteHellMode98 - Sucker Punch

DetectiveCJ - NIS

Edited by Jacob_Neal01
  • Like 2

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke. Last I checked Project Platinum doesn't run the website even if some of them may think they do. You do what you feel like. Also, Project Platinum has some bizarre arbitrary rule that their things can't be organized by studios or developers so this isn't a Project Platinum. I'd do it anyway and dare them to come try to bust your kneecaps.

Weird, because they have a .5pb PP out now.

I feel bad for whoever chooses EA because whatever games they have will be shutdown before year end. Haha.

Edited by TigressLion

Weird, because they have a .5pb PP out now.

I feel bad for whoever chooses EA because whatever games they have will be shutdown before year end. Haha.

I don't want to start an argument but that is wrong, the PP is for 5pb.'s Science Adventure Series not everything 5pb. it is restricted to at current Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head and Robotics;Notes.

• Like 3

I don't want to start an argument but that is wrong, the PP is for 5pb.'s Science Adventure Series not everything 5pb. it is restricted to at current Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head and Robotics;Notes.

I do see that point and note well-taken, but could that not be a Genre focused PP organized by studio/developer? As it only allows 5pb.'s entries? I don't want to start an argument either, as I said, you're point was well-taken, I only debate your reply because I'm curious as to if it can be taken like this? I still 100% agree with you now that you've corrected me, haha.

I do see that point and note well-taken, but could that not be a Genre focused PP organized by studio/developer? As it only allows 5pb.'s entries? I don't want to start an argument either, as I said, you're point was well-taken, I only debate your reply because I'm curious as to if it can be taken like this? I still 100% agree with you now that you've corrected me, haha.

Thanks for the reply and as for what you're asking they're all tied story-wise and also not the best source but only source I could find in English but this should help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_Adventure

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply and as for what you're asking they're all tied story-wise and also not the best source but only source I could find in English but this should help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Science_Adventure

Ahhhh, I thought it was just seperate games of adventure genre done by 5pb., It's like a 4 part visual novel, but instead of chapters, they're entire games that make up the whole. I wasn't aware the collection was called "Adventure Series". So it's not genre'd, it's that specific series done by 5pb. I can clearly see that as a proper PP now, thanks.

For the record, I will gladly advertise on my blog(link in the signature) about this idea - it's sort of like a Project Platinum with a theme based on the games a company did. I can list a few ideas from my own experiences:

Sucker Punch: Sly Cooper series, inFamous series

Insomniac: Ratchet and Clank series, Resistance series

Nippon Ichi: Big one - Disgaea, Atelier, HDN, The Guided Fate Paradox and its sequel, etc.

Naughty Dog: Uncharted series, Jak and Daxter series

This sort of thing would force participants to branch out and check all the games that the people who did their favorites did, maybe expanding their worlds. Love it! B)

For the record, I will gladly advertise on my blog(link in the signature) about this idea - it's sort of like a Project Platinum with a theme based on the games a company did. I can list a few ideas from my own experiences:

Sucker Punch: Sly Cooper series, inFamous series

Insomniac: Ratchet and Clank series, Resistance series

Nippon Ichi: Big one - Disgaea, Atelier, HDN, The Guided Fate Paradox and its sequel, etc.

Naughty Dog: Uncharted series, Jak and Daxter series

This sort of thing would force participants to branch out and check all the games that the people who did their favorites did, maybe expanding their worlds. Love it! B)

NIS didn't develop any Atelier or HDN games dood

Ey, I'll try this out. I'll pick Kojima as my developer.

• Metal Gear Solid 3 (PS3)

• Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

• Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4)

• Zone of the Enders

• Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner

Bonus:

• Metal Gear Solid 2 (PS3)

• Metal Gear Solid 4

• 100% MGSV: Ground Zeroes (PS4)

• MGS2 (Vita)

• MGS3 (Vita)

• MGSV: TPP & GZ (PS3)

Luckily the two MGS games I wasn't fully confident in (MGS2 & 4) I was able to replace with the ZOE games. :P I'll try to plat them all (or have 1 trophy away from the plat, seeing as how I'm so unsure as to what I want my #1 to be) by this time next year or the end of this year if I pick up the pace. Limited the main ones I want to get done to 5, but I added a little bonus section for myself in case I decide to complete anything else by the lord and savior Kojima.

This sounds like fun, and I think it's different enough to not be considered a "rip off" of PP.

When would this be starting?

From now :P I just thought this would be a fun little game, not really a hardcore challenge. Feel free to take your time with it xD

Atlus

Finished:

Persona 4 Golden

Persona 4 Dancing

Remaining: 

Persona 4 Arena (Co Dev)

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (Co Dev)

Catherine

Thankfully no published games.

Adding to list :D

Interesting, I may take something like Falcom or Chunsoft, could be interesting.

Let me know if you decide to take part :)

I also like this idea, but I'm already a Naughty Dog devotee. I have every platinum for every game made by Naughty Dog. I also have all the Infamous platinums and all the Sly platinums, so I guess I'm also a Sucker Punch devotee? Does this qualify me for something or is your project just for people who haven't done the platinums yet?  :)  

'kay.

Just a question, provided someone chooses Japanese developers, will you want only localized games or you leave it up to the user?

No worries about what games are made by the developer, as long as there are 5+ games chosen. Everything else is to participant discretion :D

I also like this idea, but I'm already a Naughty Dog devotee. I have every platinum for every game made by Naughty Dog. I also have all the Infamous platinums and all the Sly platinums, so I guess I'm also a Sucker Punch devotee? Does this qualify me for something or is your project just for people who haven't done the platinums yet?  :)  

I was expecting this to happen! That's pretty impressive! This is a game where you become a devotee and try a new developers games however, so I'm gonna say pick a new one to try out! :D

No worries about what games are made by the developer, as long as there are 5+ games chosen. Everything else is to participant discretion :D

Oki, then sign me up for Falcom.

Regarding games...

Not localized:

Sora no Kiseki FC EVOLUTION

Sora no Kiseki SC EVOLUTION

Sora no Kiseki TC EVOLUTION (upon release)

Zero no Kiseki EVOLUTION

Ao no Kiseki EVOLUTION

Localized:

Ys: Memories of Celceta

Sen no Kiseki I

Sen no Kiseki II

Sen no Kiseki III (upon release)

Tokyo Xanadu (upon localization)