Let's finish: SAO: Hollow Fragment.

Awesome, I thought you we're playing the PS4 version. I know what I'll be doing later, the Hollow Fragment necklace must be done in singleplayer mode, right?

Nah, you can do the whole Concealed Area in Multiplayer, you just can't get any of the rewards from the crystals that are on boss floors, which is basically your choice of an RNG weapon or skill points (1 skill point every boss on floors 10, 30, 50, 70, 90, 100 & 110, 2 from the boss floor on 120 and 3 from the final floor, 125) but the enemies are so high level at the upper floors that those skill points are pointless, you will probably be rolling in skill points by that point and can easily grind more if need be. Also because it's multiplayer you can bring a partner + 3 other AI, which is handy and if they die, you don't fail and you revive them like normal (it won't let your progress until you do though), in single player your partner will likely die before you do and so it's not worth bringing them. Just FYI, checkpoints are at levels 21, 41, 61, 81 & 101, you have to flee on those floors or above for the checkpoint to save (and it'll be available in multiplayer and singleplayer), and you really want those checkpoints on higher floors. You get no checkpoints or anything above 101, so you gotta make it through 24 floors of misery to finish it! Also, the floor 100 boss auto-engages as soon as you get on the floor, so be ready for that! But yeah, that's the basics, and if you need any more specific tips or stuff, just let me know.

• Like 1

Quick update, despite the hit in most stats, the Hollow Fragment seems to give me about 3 million more damage against the Abyss boss, when compared to the Ace Pendant. I could probably test more thoroughly than the 2 times I tried both, but I'm not that bothered, I'll be keeping it on since I mostly care about damage now anyway.

Nah, you can do the whole Concealed Area in Multiplayer, you just can't get any of the rewards from the crystals that are on boss floors, which is basically your choice of an RNG weapon or skill points (1 skill point every boss on floors 10, 30, 50, 70, 90, 100 & 110, 2 from the boss floor on 120 and 3 from the final floor, 125) but the enemies are so high level at the upper floors that those skill points are pointless, you will probably be rolling in skill points by that point and can easily grind more if need be. Also because it's multiplayer you can bring a partner + 3 other AI, which is handy and if they die, you don't fail and you revive them like normal (it won't let your progress until you do though), in single player your partner will likely die before you do and so it's not worth bringing them. Just FYI, checkpoints are at levels 21, 41, 61, 81 & 101, you have to flee on those floors or above for the checkpoint to save (and it'll be available in multiplayer and singleplayer), and you really want those checkpoints on higher floors. You get no checkpoints or anything above 101, so you gotta make it through 24 floors of misery to finish it! Also, the floor 100 boss auto-engages as soon as you get on the floor, so be ready for that! But yeah, that's the basics, and if you need any more specific tips or stuff, just let me know.

Awesome, this is useful information. All the posts I've seen so far say the necklace can't be acquired in MP mode. Do you mind if I add this to the gameplay guide? You'll be added as a contributor of course.

Quick update, despite the hit in most stats, the Hollow Fragment seems to give me about 3 million more damage against the Abyss boss, when compared to the Ace Pendant. I could probably test more thoroughly than the 2 times I tried both, but I'm not that bothered, I'll be keeping it on since I mostly care about damage now anyway.

That's surprising, considering the Hollow Fragment necklace doesn't increase the stats :o.

Awesome, this is useful information. All the posts I've seen so far say the necklace can't be acquired in MP mode. Do you mind if I add this to the gameplay guide? You'll be added as a contributor of course.

It's just in a normal blue chest like all other chests in the CA, so it's weird people would think that. You can actually (if you squint) see my partners in my screenshot taken on floor 125, right after opening the chests. I took Strea (the most OP partner in the game!) as my actual partner and also took Klien, Lisbeth & Leafa as some thing I read basically put those 4 as the best partners in the game (I mean otherwise Klien would never see daylight if I could help it). Actually in some really dire situations where my PFT Style ran out (and all my armours), they (although probably Strea more than any other) were able to hit enemies when I'd just miss all the time, so they were literal life savers at points.

Also, yeah, I don't mind.

That's surprising, considering the Hollow Fragment necklace doesn't increase the stats :o.

It could probably do with more testing, especially since the Abyss boss tends to run about a lot (but he'll run into your face 99% of the time before or during Empress SS to die), however I only counted runs where he was in front of me and I got (as far as I know) 100% hits on him, but it's probably worth actually testing on a boss that's stationery like that big Volcanic boss or something. But either necklace is a good choice regardless, I never had trouble killing any boss in the game with the other proper gear and SS chain before I had the Hollow, now it's more like picking my icing on the cake haha.

It's just in a normal blue chest like all other chests in the CA, so it's weird people would think that. You can actually (if you squint) see my partners in my screenshot taken on floor 125, right after opening the chests. I took Strea (the most OP partner in the game!) as my actual partner and also took Klien, Lisbeth & Leafa as some thing I read basically put those 4 as the best partners in the game (I mean otherwise Klien would never see daylight if I could help it). Actually in some really dire situations where my PFT Style ran out (and all my armours), they (although probably Strea more than any other) were able to hit enemies when I'd just miss all the time, so they were literal life savers at points.

Also, yeah, I don't mind.

It could probably do with more testing, especially since the Abyss boss tends to run about a lot (but he'll run into your face 99% of the time before or during Empress SS to die), however I only counted runs where he was in front of me and I got (as far as I know) 100% hits on him, but it's probably worth actually testing on a boss that's stationery like that big Volcanic boss or something. But either necklace is a good choice regardless, I never had trouble killing any boss in the game with the other proper gear and SS chain before I had the Hollow, now it's more like picking my icing on the cake haha.

Sadly, I don't have Strea anymore due to reaching floor 100. But all heroines and Klein have the UHQ weapons equipped. I also have the katana mastery maxed out, so those AoE skills are definitely going to be useful for clearing floors in the Concealed Area. 

Awesome, thanks :D

Ah ok, if you do test it out, please let me know the results. Yeah same here, after getting some proper equipment and recording a 7-chain OSS, killing HNMs became very easy. The only annoying thing is when HNMs suddenly jump away during an OSS combo and the buffs run out.

Thanks for the additional advice. As I've said already I've got time on my side because GTA V will take a long time to finish.

You're welcome, have fun with the anime :D.

Sadly, I don't have Strea anymore due to reaching floor 100. But all heroines and Klein have the UHQ weapons equipped. I also have the katana mastery maxed out, so those AoE skills are definitely going to be useful for clearing floors in the Concealed Area.

Have you finished Floor 100? I'm not entirely sure of the process (I think it's a quest or something) but you can get her back after clearing that side of the game (not sure if you need to NG+ or not).

Yeah I was just spamming the Dual Weild AoE Skill most of the time, but from like floor 101+ it became a fairly poor strategy, and I generally tried to grab smaller groups of enemies rather than running around like crazy and not worrying about the billions of enemies I'd pulled haha. Actually, while I remember, be careful about Hyper Armor, for some reason the enemies were able to hit me with that on (and made from some frustrating deaths), but not PRT Armor from what I could tell. I started to use Shiny Hollow once that happened and just waited for it to cool down, although PTT Seal also works to stop damage for a time if you get caught with your Shiny Hollow pants (cool)down.

Ah ok, if you do test it out, please let me know the results. Yeah same here, after getting some proper equipment and recording a 7-chain OSS, killing HNMs became very easy. The only annoying thing is when HNMs suddenly jump away during an OSS combo and the buffs run out.

Alright, I'll figure out a more reliable way to test, and let you know my results.

Man, Floor 120 is that stupid Vibrator winged enemy that just keeps moving all the time. I failed the first time because I completely forgot it did that and then it just wrecked my AI team...fun times! When I eventually got back to it (after failures on other floors : /), it thankfully just backed itself into a corner and didn't move after that.

Have you finished Floor 100? I'm not entirely sure of the process (I think it's a quest or something) but you can get her back after clearing that side of the game (not sure if you need to NG+ or not).

Yeah I was just spamming the Dual Weild AoE Skill most of the time, but from like floor 101+ it became a fairly poor strategy, and I generally tried to grab smaller groups of enemies rather than running around like crazy and not worrying about the billions of enemies I'd pulled haha. Actually, while I remember, be careful about Hyper Armor, for some reason the enemies were able to hit me with that on (and made from some frustrating deaths), but not PRT Armor from what I could tell. I started to use Shiny Hollow once that happened and just waited for it to cool down, although PTT Seal also works to stop damage for a time if you get caught with your Shiny Hollow pants (cool)down.

Yeah, I finished floor 100 with 7 out of 8 characters and I'm saving the last one to pop the plat as plat #150. I don't think Strea is available as the guy for planning the boss raid for floor 100 is still there and the event list mentions to clear floor 100. I have a 5-combo OSS chain with the katana and have the esoteric skill for it too, so might create a 7-chain OSS combo just in case :lol:. That is interesting, thanks for the heads up.

Alright, I'll figure out a more reliable way to test, and let you know my results.

Man, Floor 120 is that stupid Vibrator winged enemy that just keeps moving all the time. I failed the first time because I completely forgot it did that and then it just wrecked my AI team...fun times! When I eventually got back to it (after failures on other floors : /), it thankfully just backed itself into a corner and didn't move after that.

Awesome, thanks a lot :D. Damn, I hate that boss. It's hard to unleash a combo on it while it's flying around. I noticed it backs away when going towards it from the front, so I used that to corner the boss.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

It's random on Vita. She SHOULD appear immediately after clearing the final boss for the first time, but for many (me included) she simply did not.

Okay guys, since I finished Amnesia, I'm jumping back into Aincrad again. So, I want some general advice. 1: Which skills should I get (only 2-3 because I don't have many skill points) 2: Which weapon should be my main? I'm always using my Dual Swords.

1) Grind skill points and get all of them xDD

Nah, on more serious note, what are your weapons' proficiency? If you have low, you will not have access to some skills.

2) DW is OP, you are okay with that.

Okay guys, since I finished Amnesia, I'm jumping back into Aincrad again. So, I want some general advice. 1: Which skills should I get (only 2-3 because I don't have many skill points) 2: Which weapon should be my main? I'm always using my Dual Swords.

Use a wide variety of weapons. If you don't, it will come back to bite you while grinding implements. Get as many weapons to 1000 as you can. As for skills, it depends on the weapon you're using. For example, when using daggers, buy evasions skills. When using 1H sword and shield, buy shield skills. There isn't really any one correct way to play this game until the endgame.

1) Grind skill points and get all of them xDD

Nah, on more serious note, what are your weapons' proficiency? If you have low, you will not have access to some skills.

2) DW is OP, you are okay with that.

Well, I haven't used anything but Dual Swords, except the mace when I had to destroy those indestructible rocks.

Use a wide variety of weapons. If you don't, it will come back to bite you while grinding implements. Get as many weapons to 1000 as you can. As for skills, it depends on the weapon you're using. For example, when using daggers, buy evasions skills. When using 1H sword and shield, buy shield skills. There isn't really any one correct way to play this game until the endgame.

I am well beyond the endgame, as I have completed the Final Floor many times, although I need 2 more to get all of the CG.

Well, I haven't used anything but Dual Swords, except the mace when I had to destroy those indestructible rocks.

I am well beyond the endgame, as I have completed the Final Floor many times, although I need 2 more to get all of the CG.

You did all that with just Dual Swords? Man, we definitely played this game differently. None of the advice I have will help you, I don't think.

You did all that with just Dual Swords? Man, we definitely played this game differently. None of the advice I have will help you, I don't think.

Is it that surprising? Apart from grinding skill points + weapon mastery, I also didn't use anything else but Dual Wielding.

Naruhodo. In that case, I presume you want HNM + Implement info, right?

In that case, grind club and axe for PRT Armor and Hyper Armor.

And for everything else, use the guide :awesome:

http://psnprofiles.com/guide/4980-Sword-Art-Online-Hollow-Fragment-Hollow-Mission-and-Implement-Guide#Implement-Information

• Like 1

Yeah, I started with them and I got accustomed with them, so I never changed.

Is it that surprising? Apart from grinding skill points + weapon mastery, I also didn't use anything else but Dual Wielding.

Naruhodo. In that case, I presume you want HNM + Implement info, right?

In that case, grind club and axe for PRT Armor and Hyper Armor.

And for everything else, use the guide :awesome:

http://psnprofiles.com/guide/4980-Sword-Art-Online-Hollow-Fragment-Hollow-Mission-and-Implement-Guide#Implement-Information

Well, I don't really need HNM info, as the only solution for me to kill them is to git gud. (btw I have the guide on my favourite tab)

Will do senpai, arigatou :awesome:

Well, I don't really need HNM info, as the only solution for me to kill them is to git gud. (btw I have the guide on my favourite tab)

Will do senpai, arigatou :awesome:

The setup for HNMs also works on floor bosses and bosses. As for weapon: I also recommend maxing out the katana, as that one has lots of AoE skills and reaching 1,000  mastery unlocks some amazing buffs. The guide mentions a way to quickly get Scimitar mastery to 1,000 to unlock the katana skills.

The setup for HNMs also works on floor bosses and bosses. As for weapon: I also recommend maxing out the katana, as that one has lots of AoE skills and reaching 1,000  mastery unlocks some amazing buffs. The guide mentions a way to quickly get Scimitar mastery to 1,000 to unlock the katana skills.

I would get the katana skills, but I might not even have enough to get Hyper Armor and PRT Armor, and I won't grind more than 150 level. So that's unfortunately a no.

I would get the katana skills, but I might not even have enough to get Hyper Armor and PRT Armor, and I won't grind more than 150 level. So that's unfortunately a no.

Skill levels do not depend on your character level.

They depend on your weapon use.

I haven't even UNLOCKED the ability to perform an OSS, let alone use one xD

Then unlock it :P