Let's finish: SAO: Hollow Fragment.

I would get the katana skills, but I might not even have enough to get Hyper Armor and PRT Armor, and I won't grind more than 150 level. So that's unfortunately a no.

You get 1 skill point for every 10 mastery and the quickest way to increase mastery is by using auto-attack, which is why implement #55 is very useful for quickly increasing one mastery. I should probably add this to the guide :hmm:.

I want to start playing this and hopefully platinum it but i don't know, thoughts from people who have please?

Let's start with the basics:

• Have you watched the anime?
  • Did you enjoy it?

If the answer to the second question is no, then it's better to skip this game as you'll most likely not enjoy it.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

You get 1 skill point for every 10 mastery and the quickest way to increase mastery is by using auto-attack, which is why implement #55 is very useful for quickly increasing one mastery. I should probably add this to the guide :hmm:.

Let's start with the basics:

• Have you watched the anime?
  • Did you enjoy it?

If the answer to the second question is no, then it's better to skip this game as you'll most likely not enjoy it.

I watched a bit of the anime not all of it but from what i watched i did enjoy it!

Edited by Mr_McNight

I finally did some testing on Hollow Fragment VS Ace Pendant! I tested against the Bastea Gate boss, 4 times with each on. I didn't make any other changes between tries, used the same 6 chain Dual Wield OSS ending with Empress and quit the game after killing the boss to save me time. The damage I recorded was the final damage shown at the end of the chain aka the total damage Empress did.

Results

Ace Pendant

1: 31.3 Million

2: 31.3 Million

3: 41.3 Million

4: 31.3 Million

Hollow Fragment

1: 30.6 Million

2: 40.6 Million

3: 30.6 Million

4: 30.6 Million

So, the Ace Pendant gives around 700,000 more damage and I assume the extra 10 million I got on one try each was from some sort of critical or something, and probably is what happened against the Abyss boss while I was paying attention with the Hollow Fragment equipped but didn't do it when I had the Ace Pendant on.

• Like 1

I suggest that you watch both seasons so you can have a better grasp of what is going on. It's not mandatory though.

I think watching anime first is a must, I only played this game for like 6-7h but I can already see that you wont really understand this game without watching anime or at least first 15 episodes. This game looks like an alternate ending after they cleared SAO in the anime (those 15 episodes).

ohhh i didn't know. Nice, i'll think about what to do.

Knowing is half the battle :awesome:.

I watched a bit of the anime not all of it but from what i watched i did enjoy it!

I suggest that you watch both seasons so you can have a better grasp of what is going on. It's not mandatory though.

I second re_panos in this, definitely watch up to the first arc of season 2.

I finally did some testing on Hollow Fragment VS Ace Pendant! I tested against the Bastea Gate boss, 4 times with each on. I didn't make any other changes between tries, used the same 6 chain Dual Wield OSS ending with Empress and quit the game after killing the boss to save me time. The damage I recorded was the final damage shown at the end of the chain aka the total damage Empress did.

Results

Ace Pendant

Hollow Fragment

So, the Ace Pendant gives around 700,000 more damage and I assume the extra 10 million I got on one try each was from some sort of critical or something, and probably is what happened against the Abyss boss while I was paying attention with the Hollow Fragment equipped but didn't do it when I had the Ace Pendant on.

Awesome, thanks for testing it. I expected the Hollow Fragment necklace to be OP, since it's named after the game and takes lots of effort to get.

I think watching anime first is a must, I only played this game for like 6-7h but I can already see that you wont really understand this game without watching anime or at least first 15 episodes. This game looks like an alternate ending after they cleared SAO in the anime (those 15 episodes).

Watching the second arc of season 1 and the first arc of season 2 gives some extra info about Leafa, Sinon, and a few other characters.

Results

Ace Pendant

Hollow Fragment

Guess that pendant is really ace of this game =D

• Like 1

Okay, so I started the game again after 2-3 long months. I only have one question, as everything else is perfectly described in the guide: Do you guys know any place that you can farm Weapon Experience easily?

If you're playing the Vita version, the Concealed Area is where I did my mastery grinding. No idea for the PS4 version, as mastery transfers so I never bothered to look!

I'm not talking about Kirito's levels, i'm talking about how much mastery you have with the Club, the Axe etc.

I'm not sure where your confusion is, I referred only to mastery and never mentioned levels at all. However on Vita it's good for both anyway, although I never actually needed to grind out levels, I got well past 150 from just finishing it off. For mastery, there are a bunch of skills you can use to increase your auto attack speed and get double attack etc, just get up to a floor with enemies as high a level as possible but that you can survive indefinately against (generally the knight and bee enemies are good this in my opinion; also get it might be best to get to a floor you can reaccess easily, so one with a checkpoint such as 21 or 41), then just keep reapplying your buffs when possible and otherwise sit back and relax.

Edited by YohCeezaX

I'm not sure where your confusion is, I referred only to mastery and never mentioned levels at all. However on Vita it's good for both anyway, although I never actually needed to grind out levels, I got well past 150 from just finishing it off. For mastery, there are a bunch of skills you can use to increase your auto attack speed and get double attack etc, just get up to a floor with enemies as high a level as possible but that you can survive indefinately against (generally the knight and bee enemies are good this in my opinion; also get it might be best to get to a floor you can reaccess easily, so one with a checkpoint such as 21 or 41), then just keep reapplying your buffs when possible and otherwise sit back and relax.

Oh ok, my bad for misunderstanding you then. Did you farm them in any particular place or any enemy will do?

Oh ok, my bad for misunderstanding you then. Did you farm them in any particular place or any enemy will do?

No worries. I used the Dullahans and Bee enemies mostly, a lot of the other enemies tend to do stuff like poison and bleed etc. Because the floors are random you just gotta find what you can, as far as I can remember I made it up to floor 21 and those enemies on that floor tended to be fairly good for my level at the time (think around 120-130), so if you are lower than I would maybe start from 1 and just seeing how it goes is a good idea. Generally I just went until I got to a floor that was too high and just fled at the teleporter, jumping back in and repeating as needed. I did it in multiplayer, so if you happen to die any progress you make remains, unlike in single player where if you die, you get none of that progress. Plus I think early on the Concealed Area isn't actually available in SP anyway.

I assume some other people might know some other good areas, but either way it'll take a lot of patience and it's probably the biggest grind in the entire game, although it is somewhat optionional since it's not tied to any trophies, it's just you will probably need some of the skills from like every weapons skill tree (not their 'sword skills') to have a chance against some tougher enemies later on.

Edited by YohCeezaX

Okay, so I started the game again after 2-3 long months. I only have one question, as everything else is perfectly described in the guide: Do you guys know any place that you can farm Weapon Experience easily?

It depends on your level, fighting enemies that are at a higher level will result in more mastery, but at first your accuracy will be low when using a weapon that has a low mastery. PTF Style is very useful for this as it raises your accuracy to 100% for a while. But yeah, I agree YohCeezaX, the Concealed Area is a good place as it has tons of enemies. Be sure to play in MP mode, as it keeps your progress when you die.

• Like 1

Ok, so I got PRT Armor and Hyper Armor. Now, I see in every guide some skills that I need to reach LVL 6 in either Katana or Rapier. I like the Dual Swords, but is something else better than it? I'll also farm the appropriate equipment for the HNM's. Sorry for asking so many questions btw. 

Nope Dual Wielding is OP. Did you already complete implement #55? If not, then that will help a lot. Also keep in mind that katana first requires max scimitar mastery and you can work on rapier immediately, but katana skills are useful for some other implements.

Nope Dual Wielding is OP. Did you already complete implement #55? If not, then that will help a lot. Also keep in mind that katana first requires max scimitar mastery and you can work on rapier immediately, but katana skills are useful for some other implements.

Well, since I'm already in the Concelaed Area and don't have a katana on me, I'll just grind out the Rapier. Thanks for the info, all of you.