Let's finish: SAO: Hollow Fragment.

Here's a copy of the banner from imgur

Spoiler

vfqAJaa.png

Here's a copy of the banner from the Hollow Realization thread.

Spoiler

vfqAJaa.png

I'm not sure why it looks so distorted in the other post. Maybe the scaling got thrown off somehow.

Edited by soultaker655

• 5 months later...
3 hours ago, Saionji said:

I hope this thread isnt dead yet, I would like to get back to this game soon :)

Nah, we still can't log out :awesome: 

27 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Still interested in the game, just have been focusing on other games lately. Might go back to it in the autumn.

Ideal contender for #50 :awesome: 

54 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

Still interested in the game, just have been focusing on other games lately. Might go back to it in the autumn.

just recently started it myself. i can see why people were disappointed with lost song as a follow up. although i still really liked it. but its really fun learning HF's battle system, which implements seem to help you learn new useful things about it. plus the bit tough to pull off OSS chains. only 45 hours in myself and only completed the 3rd area. haven't touched the floors yet lol. i feel like this will take me around the 200 hour mark possibly, since i get distracted so often with exploring and many of the games grinds rather than to progress the story. xD still, i am nervous about the rarity of the platinum, if the rarity is mostly because of grind well i can handle that with time. i love grinding in anime games especially. i like how at the moment for now i'm playing that things seem a bit relaxed. just fun grind everywhere, but nervous when i start to reach the missable stuff. :'c also the game can be a little tough at times, i was nervous that the guide here rated it a 7/10 difficulty, and the ps3trophies.org guide rated it a 9.5/10. D:

7 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

just recently started it myself. i can see why people were disappointed with lost song as a follow up. although i still really liked it. but its really fun learning HF's battle system, which implements seem to help you learn new useful things about it. plus the bit tough to pull off OSS chains. only 45 hours in myself and only completed the 3rd area. haven't touched the floors yet lol. i feel like this will take me around the 200 hour mark possibly, since i get distracted so often with exploring and many of the games grinds rather than to progress the story. xD still, i am nervous about the rarity of the platinum, if the rarity is mostly because of grind well i can handle that with time. i love grinding in anime games especially. i like how at the moment for now i'm playing that things seem a bit relaxed. just fun grind everywhere, but nervous when i start to reach the missable stuff. :'c also the game can be a little tough at times, i was nervous that the guide here rated it a 7/10 difficulty, and the ps3trophies.org guide rated it a 9.5/10. D:

I think most of it is grind, which I don't mind but I got scared off by the next boss I had to defeat. I'll get back to it soon enough. Good luck! :) 

5 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

I think most of it is grind, which I don't mind but I got scared off by the next boss I had to defeat. I'll get back to it soon enough. Good luck! :) 

you as well when you decide to return and thank you. i probably will be taking my time with this myself, want to at least complete the hollow area and enjoy my time doing so, between completing some hollow missions, implements, weapon proficiency's and explore a long the way. xD

yeah that's what i mean, sometimes the game can get a bit tough and intimidating. i've had quite a few points where i lost a fair amount of progress that was aggravating. what helped me in the beginning was exploring some of the games update area in discard, the volcano area. i started getting a few better equips and started getting some levels off of level 140-160 enemies. which the game in general can be a bit weird with, some higher level enemies and miniboss type enemies/NM's, can be easier to fight then some much lower leveled enemies and NM's lol.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Saionji said:

Why dont our dear platinum achiever @Satoshi Ookami rate it himself for us... what do you think difficulty of this plat is?

4 at most. I would rate it 3 myself. Frankly, the 7 rating the guide here has is an overkill. But the guide was made for the actual vanilla game without patches. I did start on that one as well (well, I did start upon release, lol xD) and I do agree it was a bit tougher, but nothing that would deserve 7 rating.

It's just grind. There are things that could make Platinum even harder and are not required. 

If we are talking about Vita version that is. PS4 is maybe 2 if you start and find someone to play with you and easy 1 if you import Vita save. If the mission trophy wasn't glitched in Re, I would have the Plat in half a month. And that was mostly because of sheer grinding required for level 200.

7 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

4 at most. I would rate it 3 myself. Frankly, the 7 rating the guide here has is an overkill. But the guide was made for the actual vanilla game without patches. I did start on that one as well (well, I did start upon release, lol xD) and I do agree it was a bit tougher, but nothing that would deserve 7 rating.

It's just grind. There are things that could make Platinum even harder and are not required. 

If we are talking about Vita version that is. PS4 is maybe 2 if you start and find someone to play with you and easy 1 if you import Vita save. If the mission trophy wasn't glitched in Re, I would have the Plat in half a month. And that was mostly because of sheer grinding required for level 200.

So you mean patches made this plat easier... :hmm: good to know.

On 6/15/2017 at 5:22 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

ah, i was eagerly awaiting for your response myself after saionji's shout out. cause i know you platted. the vita and ps4 versions. its good to know that its not going to wind up on the extreme side of difficulty. i don't plan on ever giving up with the game completely, even if i take breaks. cause this year for me has been about getting dream plats. like P4G, the tales of xillia games, digimon cyber sleuth, attack on titan. which i've gotten my planned plats. thus far, and SAO HF is one of them, and good thing i'm loving the game. even if i screw up on something like the missables... :'c i'll get through to the end eventually hopefully. c:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 16.06.2017 at 4:27 PM, Satoshi Ookami said:

Now you don't need to do 1000 Side Steps for one implement :awesome: 

That actually sounds great, I think this would take several hours of boring grind if I had to do 1000 Just Steps.

I will post my progress soon but for now I dont want to embarsass myself with how liitle I m into plating this :D

Edited by Saionji

btw I dont know if its a glitch but for Implements which require you to use a specific number of sword skills I just spammed stun attacks over and over and it counted towards it even if it didnt made contact with the enemy lol

2 hours ago, Saionji said:

btw I dont know if its a glitch but for Implements which require you to use a specific number of sword skills I just spammed stun attacks over and over and it counted towards it even if it didnt made contact with the enemy lol

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/4980-sword-art-online-hollow-fragment-hollow-mission-implement-guide#10-implement-information -> Spamming Sword Skills 

:awesome: 

1 hour ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Yes I m using this guide :)

btw Mr Satoshi, right now I m trying to do...

# Implement HM
Rank
Requirement How to complete
44 Proper Value Research of ATK Spd And Frequency 1 Trigger the ADD
DMG effect 150
times
Use auto-attacks on enemies while equipping the passive skill Rhythmic Footwork and using the Muted Edge buff. Also equip Yuuki's Sword, which is a free DLC and has ADD DMG 1 as a passive effect.

I m using the skills mentioned in your How to complete description but it doesnt work -_-

EDIT. Nevermind, I just figured it out. By auto attack you meant dont control Kirito at all and he will then automatically attack, I thought you meant burst attack :facepalm:

Edited by Saionji

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I made some decent progress so I wanted to post it here :)

ddlZ3xG.jpg

Right now I m maxing affection with heroines and I m 4/7 done.

Also required implements and hollow missions completed, my lv is 150 which I was grinding in Discard area.

I barely played the story in Aincrad and I m at 31/100 HNM defeated in Hollow area. Also I finished the story in Hollow Area and my trophy progress is 35%

Defeating the rest of HNM, collecting all CG's and going through Aincrad left for the plat as well as max the remaining 3 heroines.

P.S. I think it will take me 200h+ overall to complete this game as I was wasting a lot of time fighting monsters and exploring :D

Edited by Saionji
  • Like 2