How many days for a next Trophy Guide to be published?

Go to solution Solved by Happy,

After a certain Trophy Guide was just published, how many days for the next Trophy Guide to be published?

Or maybe the "Guide Team members" wait for the latest Trophy Guide to get some views so that they will publish the next Trophy Guide. How many views?

• Solution

It varies greatly, depending on a variety of factors. For one, if there's a lot of guides going up at the moment the team will obviously take longer to get to yours. Also, if your guide is very heavy in content, reading it will also take a longer time for whoever is checking it. But to my knowledge the guide team doesn't keep a guide unpublished for no reason.

• Like 1

^What they said.

I've had some guides get published 20 minutes after I submitted them for review. Some took a day or 2, depending on how much capacity the guide team had, length of the guide, and whether any editorial decisions had to be made and implemented.

Edited by StrickenBiged
  • Like 1

After a certain Trophy Guide was just published, how many days for the next Trophy Guide to be published?

Or maybe the "Guide Team members" wait for the latest Trophy Guide to get some views so that they will publish the next Trophy Guide. How many views?

Don't worry, we've seen your guide in the Review Queue. The queue was a bit full for a while, but we've been chipping away at it.

They're published when the guide team has proofread and accepted them, there isn't a cooldown period before another guide can be published to my knowledge.

We usually wait a few days when a guide for a new game has been published.

We saw you made fixes to your guide and resubmitted it, but the reason we didn't publish it straight away after that is because there are still little fixes such as formatting and wording that we have to read through the entire guide and fix before we publish it. So that usually is why it takes longer, so if a guide is submitted to us with well checked formatting and great spelling/grammar, the better chance it has on getting submitted really quickly. The problem is we get submitted guides every now and then that authors don't check well enough before they submit them, making it longer for it to get through the queue. For example on your guide right now are a lot random spaces (like at the bottom of some tips and between videos and credit lines) and still wording stuff like this I brought up in the feedback:

"There is also a :triangle: option for break neck while tapping :square: when subduing"

So we have to decide to either tell you to undergo a second revision on your guide and type everything you need to fix or if the errors are minimal enough we fix it ourselves. I've been busy over the past week but now I have some good time on my hands, I should get to your guide soon. In the meantime, double check it to make sure it's the best quality you can make it ;)

wording stuff like this I brought up in the feedback:

"There is also a :triangle: option for break neck while tapping :square: when subduing"

Semi-pro-writers tip for all potential writers out there, including guide writers here: Have someone read your writing/guide who has *no experience whatsoever* with the subject matter. Or even try to follow your directions in the case of a video game guide. You'll get invaluable feedback for your writing skills.

Do like the military does: write guides and instructions as if a high school dropout with a seventh grade reading level is reading your writing and will need to follow it.

• Like 1