What is your personal tier list?

Wavergray

Okay the game has been out for a month now. Based on what you have seen, played, and heard what is your personal character tier list?

Here's mine. I haven't fought many people who are good with some of these character so if they may be lower on the my tier list when compered to yours.

• S-tier: 1-5. These character are really strong against any character.
  • A-tier: 6-10. These character are even with most characters, but aren't as strong as S-tier characters.
  • B-tier: 11-16. These character are strong against some characters and weak against others.
  • Sleepers are characters that can beat anyone if the user is really good with them
  1. Ryu 
  2. Nash
  3. R. Mika
  4. Vega/Claw
  5. F.A.N.G (Sleeper)
  6. Birdie
  7. Karin
  8. Cammy
  9. Chun-lI
  10. Ken
  11. M.Bison/Dictator
  12. Rashid (Sleeper)
  13. Dhalsim (Sleeper)
  14. Necalli
  15. Laura
  16. Zangief (Sleeper)
Edited by soultaker655

Bear in mind i haven't played that much of online but this is pretty much my list until Alex comes out.

1. Ryu (Self-Explanatory)
  2. R. Mika (Everytime i face her i get wrecked. Those command grab setups are annoying)
  3. Nash (Doesn't have good wake-up attacks or reliable ways of getting out of the corner without wasting his V-Trigger but once he starts gaining momentum Nash is a beast)
  4. F.A.N.G (He's really good. If you want to use a charge character he's the best choice) 
  5. Karin (Her V-Trigger, myriad of attacks and great pokes make her stand out)
  6. Ken
  7. Vega
  8. Cammy
  9. Rashid 
  10. Zangief 
  11. Birdie
  12. M.Bison
  13. Dhalsim
  14. Chun-Li
  15. Laura
  16. Necalli

The game has barely been out a month.  There shouldn't be any tiers right now.  Mika isn't that good.....  She lacks tools that a grapple character.  Her buttons don't have range like traditional grapple characters have.  She even has below normal health.  If you're losing to Mika and Laura as a Claw player, you're definitely not playing correctly.

• Like 1

The game has barely been out a month.  There shouldn't be any tiers right now.  Mika isn't that good.....  She lacks tools that a grapple character.  Her buttons don't have range like traditional grapple characters have.  She even has below normal health.  If you're losing to Mika and Laura as a Claw player, you're definitely not playing correctly.

Since tier list are always subjective, I see nothing wrong with people having personal tier lists this early in the games lifespan. Especially since the game and those lists will change when the Alex patch comes out.

Since tier list are always subjective, I see nothing wrong with people having personal tier lists this early in the games lifespan. Especially since the game and those lists will change when the Alex patch comes out.

Yes, I know they're subjective, but the game's been out a month....  Mika isn't S-tier at all.  She's not even in the 5.  Her tool sets hinder her from being top tier.  She's probably right in the middle.  I guess you haven't faced Dhalsim or even Chun?  She's perhaps the best character in the game right now.....

Yes, I know they're subjective, but the game's been out a month....  Mika isn't S-tier at all.  She's not even in the 5.  Her tool sets hinder her from being top tier.  She's probably right in the middle.  I guess you haven't faced Dhalsim or even Chun?  She's perhaps the best character in the game right now.....

I've fought a few Dhalsims, but none of them were good. However, I know a good Dhalsim is one of the scariest things in the game right now. I fought a few good Chun-lis and while she is strong I've never been in a situation where she seems unbeatable. Mika seems stronger than both of them to me due to her command grab set-ups that punish defensive play.

I've fought a few Dhalsims, but none of them were good. However, I know a good Dhalsim is one of the scariest things in the game right now. I fought a few good Chun-lis and while she is strong I've never been in a situation where she seems unbeatable. Mika seems stronger than both of them to me due to her command grab set-ups that punish defensive play.

Mika is NOT that strong.  She doesn't have the tools to make her a great grapple character.  With this logic, Laura should be at the top of your list because she has stupid setups as well.  Do you want me to play Chun and show you why she's arguably the best character in the game?

Mika is NOT that strong.  She doesn't have the tools to make her a great grapple character.  With this logic, Laura should be at the top of your list because she has stupid setups as well.  Do you want me to play Chun and show you why she's arguably the best character in the game?

Think you're taking this thread too seriously, it's just his personal list probably based on match-ups he encountered with his main and/or alt. You might've seen videos of soultaker's tournament, we're low level players and therefore can't make the best out of each characters. I think Mika's "easier" to use than Dhalsim or FANG and so in Bronze/Silver leagues, Mika can come out pretty strong from that perspective.

I haven't seen or fought a Laura that seems as strong as Mika seems to me. Sure I don't mind playing you. You'll win because you are a far stronger player than I am, but I'm always open to a challenge.

Edited by soultaker655

From what I seen and heard Vega should have the advantage in both of those match-ups, due to his strong neutral game and that stupid wall jump move.

they both have counter jump grabs that beat vega's aerial moves 100% of the time

Yeah Vega definitely gives me the most trouble, I have so much trouble blocking that Vega downward swipe move

Last I checked I think Birdie had the highest Win rate out of all the characters

where can you check something like that?

I'll make two. One for basic online scrub play, and one for actual tournament play. I will say that the game is fairly balanced though. Every character is reasonably viable.

Scrub Tiers - 

• Nash
  • Ryu
  • Vega
  • Cammy
  • Rashid
  • Karin
  • FANG
  • R Mika
  • Chun
  • Bison
  • Birdie
  • Dhalsim
  • Laura
  • Ken
  • Necalli
  • Zangief

Real Tiers - 

• Nash
  • Chun
  • Karin
  • Birdie
  • Rashid
  • FANG
  • Cammy
  • Bison
  • Vega
  • Ryu
  • Ken
  • Zangief
  • R. Mika
  • Laura
  • Dhalsim
  • Necalli

What he said, it's still too early for tiers. For those of you having trouble online here's a video that is sure to help you out!

Edited by Xugashi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...