PSN Plus worth it on my PS3

jcshaun

SO I'm thinking about getting PSN Plus as dead space 2 is free at the minute, really want it, but im thinking is it worth as i have an old ps3, the 60gb backwards compatible ones, am wondering if it will last long before filling up from free stuff and generally is PSN Plus worth it?

Thaaaanks

You can buy ps+, "buy" the game when its free, and it saves it to your download list, then as long as your a ps+ member you can download at your leisure and play. After a certain amount of time however theres an "expiry" and if youre offline, it wont let you play, but as long as you have an active internet connection it wont be an issue. So yes, its worth it, because you wont need to try and cram everything in all at once. I have about 10 things from plus I havent installed yet for that reason.

You can buy ps+, "buy" the game when its free, and it saves it to your download list, then as long as your a ps+ member you can download at your leisure and play. After a certain amount of time however theres an "expiry" and if youre offline, it wont let you play, but as long as you have an active internet connection it wont be an issue. So yes, its worth it, because you wont need to try and cram everything in all at once. I have about 10 things from plus I havent installed yet for that reason.

what do you mean by expire? i presume dead space 2 is only free to "buy" this month, if its still in my download list when that ends it will expire from my download list too? since my hard drive is so small i think ill only get like 5 games on it even if it is empty :(

Definitely get it if you don't really pay attention to games that have come out and play the latest titles. It's pretty cool too... Wish there was more besides some freebies though...

what more do mean? more features? cause the amount of freebies seems insane to me

what do you mean by expire? i presume dead space 2 is only free to "buy" this month, if its still in my download list when that ends it will expire from my download list too? since my hard drive is so small i think ill only get like 5 games on it even if it is empty :(

what more do mean? more features? cause the amount of freebies seems insane to me

More features essentially. Some of the "features" they have I feel as though it should already be for regular people like the free storage or automatic updates. How about tournaments exclusive for PS+ on their free monthly game like WarHammer let's say and then whoever is on the top team or something get's free $10 in their account or some PS Home stuff. Something you keep you more active to keep being a Plus member instead of some free stuff... Yeah, free games and other stuff is cool but I don't really feel as though it's something to keep spending money on as I barely play the games and the one's I do play are like those $4.99 games that everyone already has...

More features essentially. Some of the "features" they have I feel as though it should already be for regular people like the free storage or automatic updates. How about tournaments exclusive for PS+ on their free monthly game like WarHammer let's say and then whoever is on the top team or something get's free $10 in their account or some PS Home stuff. Something you keep you more active to keep being a Plus member instead of some free stuff... Yeah, free games and other stuff is cool but I don't really feel as though it's something to keep spending money on as I barely play the games and the one's I do play are like those $4.99 games that everyone already has...

haha maybe you should get on that playstation blog. I dont see the point in PS home though

You should get it but you will need to get a bigger hard drive. You could just download a few games, delete them when finish then download more but that would be a bit annoying. You will need to upgrade sooner or later so might as well do it now.

Hmmm does sound annoying, on a little side note if i buy a new ps3, the 320gb ones, i can transfer all my saves right? and since they are sync'd to my profile i wouldnt get odd time stamps right? Probably less effort than buying a new hard drive as im lazy :blink:

Hmmm does sound annoying, on a little side note if i buy a new ps3, the 320gb ones, i can transfer all my saves right? and since they are sync'd to my profile i wouldnt get odd time stamps right? Probably less effort than buying a new hard drive as im lazy :blink:

You can transfer all your saves as long you're going to use the same profile on both ps3s. Timestamps shouldn't be a problem if you sync your trophies to the new ps3.

PS+ has been a very good purchase for me and I'd recommend it to anybody.

Or if you got PS+, you would be able to back up all your saves to the cloud service and wouldn't have to worry about transferring them over.

I personally think it has been worth it. I have had it since launch and my only gripe is that the cloud's space was pretty small but I hear it's going to be upgraded soon.

I think it's very much worth it for $50 a year, considering Xbox Live costs more, and that's just to play online, you know, something that's free on PSN. Plus you get discounts and free games on top of that. The instant game collection has made it even better. I would suggest upgrading your hard drive or buying a new model PS3 (depending on if you care about PS2 backwards compatibility) though, the full games on instant game collection and all the free PSN/PS1 games add up in space fast.

You should get PS+ for sure. It has lots of great deals. It made me play & enjoy games which i would never have bought for the full price.

You won't need to worry about limited space. Just 'buy' them while they are free, so you get them in your transaction list. You will be able to redownload them as long as you are a PS+ subscriber.

Edited by kiesmaarwa

SO I'm thinking about getting PSN Plus as dead space 2 is free at the minute, really want it, but im thinking is it worth as i have an old ps3, the 60gb backwards compatible ones, am wondering if it will last long before filling up from free stuff and generally is PSN Plus worth it?

Thaaaanks

If I were you I'd get US PS+ like I have, it has better offers than the EU PS+ <_<

You guys are tempting me, not so worried about space anymore if i can use my laptop to store some stuff

You should get PS+ for sure. It has lots of great deals. It made me play & enjoy games which i would never have bought for the full price.

You won't need to worry about limited space. Just 'buy' them while they are free, so you get them in your transaction list. You will be able to redownload them as long as you are a PS+ subscriber.

someone said about them expiring once in your download list, is that true? and can you explain it? what are the conditions?

If I were you I'd get US PS+ like I have, it has better offers than the EU PS+ <_<

Really?! the deals seem quite good to me and how would i go about US PS+ instead of EU?

EU has an offer on PS+. A year for £30 which starts on the 5th September (for 2 weeks) so your saving £10.

Games shouldn't disappear from your download list. I have had no problem with it. Once you click on the buy button, it saves on the download list so you can then download it at a later date if you have no space.

EU has an offer on PS+. A year for £30 which starts on the 5th September (for 2 weeks) so your saving £10.

Games shouldn't disappear from your download list. I have had no problem with it. Once you click on the buy button, it saves on the download list so you can then download it at a later date if you have no space.

think i'll have to put it off for that deal!! even though i will miss out on dead space 2

Totally worth it.

Tip: even if you don't have the space on your hard drive, click on the initial download button (without pressing download the second time) to put it in your download list, so you'll always be able to access it as long as you're a PS+ member, even after it's taken down from the list of free stuff.

That sounded confusing but I'm sure other people know what I'm talking about.

think i'll have to put it off for that deal!! even though i will miss out on dead space 2

Well if you really wanted Dead Space 2 you could buy a 3 month one then buy the year one when the offer starts. They stack so if you buy 1 year and another one year then you will have 2 years.

Youre taking me saying expires the wrong way. You can always download a purchase. All im saying is free ps+ offers cannot be played offline after a certain amount of time once theyve been installed. So as long as your connected to the psn youll never notice. But if you were someone that didnt have a stable connection you might not be too thrilled with a non working game.

Can someone explain this better than me? Does anyone know what im talking about even?

Youre taking me saying expires the wrong way. You can always download a purchase. All im saying is free ps+ offers cannot be played offline after a certain amount of time once theyve been installed. So as long as your connected to the psn youll never notice. But if you were someone that didnt have a stable connection you might not be too thrilled with a non working game.

Can someone explain this better than me? Does anyone know what im talking about even?

You can play any game you get for free only if you are subscribed to Plus. Any game you get on a discount, along with any themes/avatars are yours to keep, even if you aren't subscribed.

Is that what you mean?

Edited by gamerm1337

You can play any game you get for free only if you are subscribed to Plus. Any game you get on a discount, along with any themes/avatars are yours to keep, even if you aren't subscribed.

Is that what you mean?

Yes, but theres more, when you goto information on the title you downloaded, it has an expiry, when that expires, you cannot play it offline. But I dont think people know this...

I get it now, thanks for it explaining it. So if i download and install a game and later delete it to free up some space... i'll be able to download it later again for free (if it was free in the first place)

Is there anyway of checking how much room is left on my ps3?