Battlefield 5 Information Leaked (Setting / Title / DLC / Release Date)

BumperSticker

Based on the supposed DLC information, Id say its a WW3 setting. Which im iffy about. I was hoping the WW1 or WW2 rumors to be true.

But.. I think we can all agree that at least it isn't going to be a futuristic space shooter ;) lmao, what a joke of a game that will be.

Edited by MafiaBrett

As long as they actually give us tanks this time im happy. I dont know what they were thinking removing them from Hardline

Independance day DLC hmm? Aliens?

Anyway this leak has been around for a while, and unfortunately the info seems to point towards another futuristic WW3 shooter. I don't really care if it's real or not, more so I hope the leak causes EA to announce some confirmed information

What makes you think its futuristic. I thought "Eastern front" was associated with WWI and II.  

As long as they actually give us tanks this time im happy. I dont know what they were thinking removing them from Hardline

Independance day DLC hmm? Aliens?

What makes you think its futuristic. I thought "Eastern front" was associated with WWI and II.  

The DLC and the information provided. Any war can have an eastern front, so it could just as easily be associated with WW3

• Like 2

The DLC and the information provided. Any war can have an eastern front, so it could just as easily be associated with WW3

Ah yeah that Prototype Warfare looks a bit suspicious. Futuristic elements are okay though for example Bad Company had the EMP blast and that weird looking weapon. Battlefield 4 also with the railgun DLC

Though i still think if they were doing another futuristic game it would be called Battlefield 2143. Lets just hope we dont have bloody jetpacks :P  

Edited by Gibbo_0113
  • Like 1

The Prototype DLC could also be associated with new weaponry introduced during WWII.

Or at least, that's the vibe I got from the missions names.

EDIT: Unless you know about more info suggesting a WW3 setting, that is.

Edited by BumperSticker
  • Like 1

I wonder when the tide is going to change with all these futuristic warfare games. I've never been a fan of them but even someone who likes the setting has to get tired of it someday.  :huh:

The name "Titan Assault" for the 4th DLC sounds awful. I'm sorry but it sounds like the most unoriginal thing that they could have thought of. No Titans. Please.

• Like 1

I wonder when the tide is going to change with all these futuristic warfare games. I've never been a fan of them but even someone who likes the setting has to get tired of it someday.  :huh:

The name "Titan Assault" for the 4th DLC sounds awful. I'm sorry but it sounds like the most unoriginal thing that they could have thought of. No Titans. Please.

Read the description. I got the impression that it was talking about sea based warfare  :)

Who cares if the DLC is futuristic anyway. As long as the base game is all good.

The Prototype DLC could also be associated with new weaponry introduced during WWII.

Or at least, that's the vibe I got from the missions names.

EDIT: Unless you know about more info suggesting a WW3 setting, that is.

Another thing is the fact it contains BF4 maps with the tagline "2016". Those maps wouldn't really suit a historic setting.

Another thing is the fact it contains BF4 maps with the tagline "2016". Those maps wouldn't really suit a historic setting.

Perhaps these are just DLC maps we could play, while still using WWII weaponry? 

I guess we'll be smarter after E3.

Edited by BumperSticker

Read the description. I got the impression that it was talking about sea based warfare :)

Who cares if the DLC is futuristic anyway. As long as the base game is all good.

I completely retract my statement. Since you are fighting Russians in Belarus and Ukraine at a German factory that definetly points to a possible WW2 setting but everything is labeled '2016' so I guess it's modern.

Edit: Reading it again I'm getting really mixed signals. Why would the Russians be in eastern europe in the setting? Why would the Germans be in eastern europe in In this setting? Really interesting to see what the story is at E3 :)

Edited by Intresseklubben

Hardline featured police forces squaring off against a criminal entity. Since there was no military involvement there weren't any tanks. 

Edited by stitchesnscars

Hardline featured police forces squaring off against a criminal entity. Since there was no military involvement there weren't any tanks. 

Even though they were in the campaign? Still a stupid mistake they made leaving them out. Its a video game it doesn't have to make sense. 

Even though they were in the campaign? Still a stupid mistake they made leaving them out. Its a video game it doesn't have to make sense. 

Although there are some things in all video games that wouldn't ever happen in real life there has to be a line that they won't cross to allow complete nonsense to occur.  They also need to separate themselves from the other battlefield titles. If they just added everything else from previous BF games it would be BF 4.5 or BF 5. They just want a pure cops and robber feel which is why we don't have not only tanks but Jets,machine guns (more than what are in the game) and a lot of other military hardware.

Its been a while since i have played the campaign but if memory serves they were in the desert area after you made it into an abandoned military base. 

Although there are some things in all video games that wouldn't ever happen in real life there has to be a line that they won't cross to allow complete nonsense to occur.  They also need to separate themselves from the other battlefield titles. If they just added everything else from previous BF games it would be BF 4.5 or BF 5. They just want a pure cops and robber feel which is why we don't have not only tanks but Jets,machine guns (more than what are in the game) and a lot of other military hardware.

Its been a while since i have played the campaign but if memory serves they were in the desert area after you made it into an abandoned military base. 

I get it has to make changes but that change removed the epicness out of it. 

The thing is, Hardline was basically a Call of Duty clone. Small maps, fast paced action, no useful vehicles. The reason i like Battlefield and most likely a lot of others is because of all the vehicular warfare, explosions everywhere and shit. 

Call of Duty Fans would love Hardline. Battlefield fans....not so much.

I really hope this is actually a WW1/WW2 shooter, I'm kind of getting sick of all the futuristic shooters, to the point most of them are laughable. Oh well, I guess there's still the rumored Modern Warfare Trilogy, which CoD 4 is the only game I care about.  :S