Prince of Persia - When will we get another game?

I feel pretty pessimistic about this. Sands timeline was already complete even before TFS installments (oh, and there is also that DS title, Battles), so a new game in this continuity is unneeded (I don't see where in the timeline this new game could possibly fit).

I was hoping for the 2008 sequel since Epilogue, but it seems like Ubisoft pretty much gave up on this timeline due to its unpopularity. All ending teases were forgotten, and we were given the Fallen King, a sad attempt at veering the story from the main course to give us "closure"(which prompted me to dump it into AU category and pretend it never happened).

Bottom line, if we do get a new game someday, it'll be an another reboot. And I doubt we'll like it.

Hey everybody, it's been 6 years since TFS was released and since then Ubisoft has refused to comment on the possibility of another installment and I've nearly lost all hope. What are your thoughts? Will a new POP ever be announced? Possibly this E3 perhaps...

When AC dies then they will go to prince of Persia to milk it dry again

"in 2013, Yannis Mallat, CEO of Ubisoft Montreal, said that the franchise was being "paused", saying that "As soon as we have something to show, we will"

Sorry bud, but I'd say just stick with the HD versions of the Sands trilogy, looks like it's all you'll be getting for a while. :'(

• 2 weeks later...

Well this sucks.

I feel pretty pessimistic about this. Sands timeline was already complete even before TFS installments (oh, and there is also that DS title, Battles), so a new game in this continuity is unneeded (I don't see where in the timeline this new game could possibly fit).

I was hoping for the 2008 sequel since Epilogue, but it seems like Ubisoft pretty much gave up on this timeline due to its unpopularity. All ending teases were forgotten, and we were given the Fallen King, a sad attempt at veering the story from the main course to give us "closure"(which prompted me to dump it into AU category and pretend it never happened).

Bottom line, if we do get a new game someday, it'll be an another reboot. And I doubt we'll like it.

What about a remake for the SOT trilogy? Ratchet & Clank recently did one and it was a huge success.