Outer Rim Free For All Players From May 13 to May 15

erickt123

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news/join-us-in-the-outer-rim

Our team has been working hard to bring new content to the battlefront and we wanted to share a special surprise with the community. From May 13th to May 15th, all players will have the chance to go hands-on with the maps, modes and heroes from our Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Outer Rim content, free for a limited time.

All players on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will be able to check out the four new Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim Maps. This includes all locations from Jabba's Palace and the Palace Garage on Tatooine, to the SoroSuub Refinery and Pipelines on Sullust. All players will also get to experience our new Outer Rim game mode, Extraction and earn the ability to play as Nien Nunb and Greedo.

Rebels have entered some of the most dangerous places in the Outer Rim determined to extract a shipment of vital resources to their GR-75 transport ship. The Empire, intent on stopping them, has sent its stormtroopers to stop them from completing their objective. Learn more about Extraction here.

The Star Wars Battlefront free Outer Rim Trial will kick off on May 13th, 2016 and come to a close on May 15th, 2016. Make sure to log in during this time frame to experience the Outer Rim to celebrate all things Star Wars Battlefront.

Outer Rim Free Trial FAQ:

Q.) Will I be able to unlock the Outer Rim Hutt Contracts?
A.) While you will be able to access the free Hutt Contract weapons, the Outer Rim specific weapons and Star Cards will only be accessible to our Season Pass and Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim Digital Standalone Pass holders during the free trial event.

Q.) How many hours or days can I play the free trial?
A.) You will be able to log in and play the Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim free trail content starting May 13th, 2016 thru May 15th,2016. After that time, you will need to own either the Season Pass or the Star Wars Battlefront Outer Rim Digital Standalone Pass to access the content.

So yeah, you can access the Outer Rim maps and heroes for the following weekend, which means you can 4 of the 5 trophies in the DLC without having to own it. The only trophy that can't be unlocked is the gold trophy "No Such Thing as Luck," which requires the DLC weapons to be unlocked and used for 10 kills each. Other than that, you can play Extraction and the two heroes, Nien Numb and Greedo, for free as long as you want for a limited time.

I guess they realized that the playerbase isn't enough to sustain a two year life cycle so they're trying things like this to get players back instead of you know, have more content at launch. Still, I guess, free stuff?

Here's the current playerbase for those who are curious (It's not looking too good): http://swbstats.com/

Battlefront Outer Rim DLC is all loaded up when you start, no need to download, just get in and jump into the Outer Rim playlist.

Edited by erickt123
  • Like 2

The ps4 player base isint too bad but PC is basically dead lol. I'd try to get all the trophies from this free promo though. The dlc isint very good.

You can get all but one trophy and it's the one where you have to get a kill with every weapon but as they just said, the Outer Rim weapons are exclusive for Season Pass holders.

So basically if you want that trophy you're gonna have to get the Season Pass.

Ugh, nvm forgot to read the whole OP lol

I guess this is great for those that are willing to try it out and might get the Season Pass. Bespin is coming out soon (hopefully) and maybe players will finally get back into the game.

Edited by Oblivion

Extraction is an alright mode depending on the team you're with. Sadly, most of my matches were with people camping back for the stat sheet rather than pushing the objectives. The shotgun they've added alongside the Scattergun are absurd and almost break the game. For those going for Dioxis Grenade Kills: Greedo has them and his are MUCH better than the ones you can unlock.

No DLC weapons available and no single Player / survivor mission.

But 10 x victory transport and all maps can be done. 

You can get the survivor kills trophy and the 10 daily challenges trophy just by playing the base game, without owning the DLC.

• Like 1