Euro 2016

Connie

Go Go Portugal! 0 games won in the 90 minutes lmao. Great goal and penalty by Renato Sanches!

Portugal going to be break records if it continues like this , reaching the finals without winning any game on the regular time (90 minutes) and who knows even winning on the penalties with these luck the portguese team have had so far  :D

• Like 1

Not the same level of competition, but Portugal is reminding me of Paraguay 5 years ago during the Copa America held in Argentina, reaching the final without winning a single game (although they lost against Uruguay). Would be a bit funny.

Through to the Semi-Finals without winning a game within 90 minutes. Unbelievable from Portugal.  :lol:

I think it's time for you to start betting your live savings on a draw for the match of Portugal in semi-final . It's a guarantee win for sure !

• Like 3

CR7 FC is going to 'win' this tournament without actually winning =D

Now I'm convinced =d 

CR7 is waiting for the final to score the goals to beat Platini record xD

Portuguese dilemma is " Wait until the last time possible to start actually working "

• Like 2

Still can't believe Portugal won this one, Poland was playing really well, and we were lucky a couple of times but credits to Rui Patrício, what a great save! We'll see how Portugal will keep up on the Semi-Finals

Edited by bpmotard
  • Like 2

So.. this is how it ends. Congratulations to Portugal. Although, I can't say they were the better team, they were lucky (as always). On the other hand, our tactics didn't work this time. We didn't use neither high nor low pressure what resulted all those good situations for Portugal. Also, it's kind of pity that our best player Błaszczykowki missed his penalty. We would have at least a bronze medal if we won this match..

• Like 3

I think Belgium wants to beat England as the greatest jobbers of the tournament. At this pace I don't think they'll ever stop being "the little team that could but doesn't", with the way they always seem to screw up at the last possible moments.

Great job from Wales, with an overall less talented team and assets they took their chances when they had them. You know this is one heck of an odd Eurocup when one of the semi-final matches is freaking Portugal - Wales.

So.. this is how it ends. Congratulations to Portugal. Although, I can't say they were the better team, they were lucky (as always). On the other hand, our tactics didn't work this time. We didn't use neither high nor low pressure what resulted all those good situations for Portugal. Also, it's kind of pity that our best player Błaszczykowki missed his penalty. We would have at least a bronze medal if we won this match..

Luck or not they won and Poland didn't. We all know this sport isn't 'fair' (ask the Netherlands and their Clockwork Orange) and we all know the only tournament Italy actually played football in the past 20 years they lost 4-0 whereas their crappy 2006 World Cup resulted in a win. It's just part of the sport at this point, and unlike the MLB or the NHL you don't have multiple matches to play and prove your worth. Accept it and move on, hoping next tournament your team pulls it off (same way 22 other teams will this year).
Edited by Nagflar
  • Like 1

And even i bet that we will play against belgium and we gonna win in extra time xD

I don't think so actually . 

Follow my line of thought : Portugal won against Croatia during the extra time and then defeat Poland only in the penalty shootouts . In the semi-finals , Portugal will win with a coin flip  :yay:

What you think , Portugal ? You are the leader of this group. I will take your decision as everyone's final answer. So what you say , Portugal... ?

Time to choose , Portugal. You are that solitary snail . The fate of Euro rests on your decision.

TIME TO DECIDE !

Edited by Jiaho24
  • Like 1

I don't think so actually . 

Follow my line of thought : Portugal won against Croatia during the extra time and then defeat Poland only in the penalty shootouts . In the semi-finals , Portugal will win with a coin flip  :yay:

What you think , Portugal ? You are the leader of this group. I will take your decision as everyone's final answer. So what you say , Portugal... ?

Time to choose , Portugal. You are that solitary snail . The fate of Euro rests on your decision.

TIME TO DECIDE !

I'm not a judge xD

I'm a little surprised because of the victory of Wales! i still continue to believe that Portugal can get to the final

Wales keeps on strong and with a team unite they manage to defeat the so called favorite Belgium . Congratulations for Wales accomplishments so far and making History in this tournament  cause since 1996 , no British football team have manage to qualify for the semi-finals for a major tournament and of course they making History for their nation going as far as ever  :D

Wales vs Belgium was one big fraud...

frist goal came of a corner that shouldn't have been given because it was clearly offside, then the ref lets the game go on after 2. 2 no less penalties should've been called (foul on Nainggolan and hand ball by Ramsey....)

Edited by Yami

frist goal came of a corner that shouldn't have been given because it was clearly offside, then the ref lets the game go on after 2. 2 no less penalties should've been called (foul on Nainggolan and hand ball by Ramsey....)

Yeah, everyone's calling the ref as the reason Belgium lost, but here are some numbers (Wales on the left, Belgium on the right):

NfETTXM.png

Belgium kept the ball much more but hardly shot on-target, and both them and Wales were pretty even as far as shooting goes. Belgium crossed the ball a lot, but most of those were bad or cut-off and only a handful ended up as shots (and most were off-target). Belgium lost because they couldn't score more than once, so even if the ref fucked up a bunch of calls, it's still on them for not scoring when they could. It's the same as when Uruguay knocked Ghana off the World Cup in 2010: Ghana lost because they couldn't score that one penalty kick, not because the match was a fraud.

• Like 1

Wales was more intelligent in this game ! they make good use of the counter-attack! The problem of belgium is the defense , without vicent kompany that defense reminds me titanic :P

• Like 1