PlayStation VR games discussion for VR players

Oobedoob S Benubi

The problem I have with your posts is I never know if you're being serious or sarcastic...

It seem it is going to be an FPS :awesome:

So head down to Room 302 to talk to Shizuka and enjoy a new version of FPS (First Person Shiawase), or maybe you can go take care of something in the pool to check out the girls in a new type of FPS (First Person Swimming)! Bring some alcohol and sit and drink with her, maybe some new events will appear if you make her fall for you, maybe you'll cuddle up on the bed and... well, we wouldn't want to spoil anything.[/size]

EDIT: Forgot one thing. Summer Lesson will be for ~3000 yens. If this is a base price for VR games, it may be pretty nice.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami

• 2 weeks later...

The ones I'm interested so far are:

(...)

- Here They Lie

(...)

Wanted to talk about this since the EU blog just announced it as a launch title, I found no other threads than this and the demo one though.

I played the demo for this but it did not really scare me. I was walking, sudden light from behind me and I see not just my shadow but also a pigheaded one... I just walk on and nothing happens to me. The game gets better once it stops trying to be scary and starts trying to be outlandish.

Wanted to talk about this since the EU blog just announced it as a launch title, I found no other threads than this and the demo one though.

I played the demo for this but it did not really scare me. I was walking, sudden light from behind me and I see not just my shadow but also a pigheaded one... I just walk on and nothing happens to me. The game gets better once it stops trying to be scary and starts trying to be outlandish.

I saw the latest trailer and it still seems interesting, I'll see what it's capable of once it actually comes out.

I saw the latest trailer and it still seems interesting, I'll see what it's capable of once it actually comes out.

Just don't expect a super scary experience and you'll be fine. The outlandish stuff was really fun, fun enough that I'll give it a shot if reviews confirm that there's not too much fake scares in the full game.

I updated the Op with VR trophy lists, don't know if I caught them all especially since I can't read Japanese.

I'll be updating the OP less now that we're close to release but at least the trophy lists will be updated until the release day, and this thread can stay open for general game talk for people who have VR.

Only about a week to go...

I still have it on pre-order and I still don't know whether to go through with it. On the one hand it might be really cheaper a bit later on, on the other... X-Wing VR Mission!

I've already got Rise Of The Tomb Raider on pre-order so that's one bit-sized VR experience I already own.

I'm also reading now that War Thunder (free to play) will get a free PSVR upgrade... And that there's more coming day one than I thought. I see a bunch of small indies I would not mind playing...

I still have it on pre-order and I still don't know whether to go through with it. On the one hand it might be really cheaper a bit later on, on the other... X-Wing VR Mission!

I've already got Rise Of The Tomb Raider on pre-order so that's one bit-sized VR experience I already own.

I'm also reading now that War Thunder (free to play) will get a free PSVR upgrade... And that there's more coming day one than I thought. I see a bunch of small indies I would not mind playing...

All it comes down to is are you willing to drop this much money on something you won't initially be using very much? More games will come down the line of course, but the amount of these depends on how successful VR is in the first place. And given Sony's track record, there's no guarantee they will continue to support PSVR a year or two down the line. When you get done with the initial bite sized games, will it just sit on your shelf going unused? Will you look at it and regret your purchase? For me, there's just not enough games I want to play on it right now. Waiting is the smart thing to because the headset will be cheaper, and more games will have come out for it. Of course if everyone did this, VR wouldn't have a chance at becoming successful. Someone's got to be the guinea pig after all.

All it comes down to is are you willing to drop this much money on something you won't initially be using very much? More games will come down the line of course, but the amount of these depends on how successful VR is in the first place. And given Sony's track record, there's no guarantee they will continue to support PSVR a year or two down the line. When you get done with the initial bite sized games, will it just sit on your shelf going unused? Will you look at it and regret your purchase? For me, there's just not enough games I want to play on it right now. Waiting is the smart thing to because the headset will be cheaper, and more games will have come out for it. Of course if everyone did this, VR wouldn't have a chance at becoming successful. Someone's got to be the guinea pig after all.

Showing day one support is one of the reasons I'd go through with it. There's a bunch of stuff coming out right away that I think is cool, and plenty of other stuff I'd like has been announced. I haven't got anything else for 2016 pre-ordered so money is not a big issue.

I think VR might be better bite-sized, actually. I don't know if I want to sit for hours on end with that thing on my face. I'm perfectly fine with loads of smaller games, and a few big ones like a full sized Rogue Squadron or a Rollercoaster Tycoon 4.

Wait for later version is what I would advise if you are not perfectly convinced.

Since it's not investment into a gaming platform you will be using in long intervals, the price will be a factor.

Wait for later version is what I would advise if you are not perfectly convinced.

Since it's not investment into a gaming platform you will be using in long intervals, the price will be a factor.

I can always sell it if a new upgraded version is released.

My two points against buying now: price and possibility of an upgraded version next year.

My points for buying now: there's a few release games I want to try and even more games that come soon after. I've tried VR and even though it has a bit of a low resolution at far distances, I greatly enjoyed it. I want to show support right away because VR is something different and the big devs need to know that we WILL buy games for it (indie devs need little encouragement, they usually jump onto something new right away, but we still want them to continue doing so). It's also so different from normal gaming that I personally feel like I should be a part of it from the start as well.

Money is not much of an issue. I usually save up for a large LEGO set to buy near the end of the year and build during the christmas days - this year would be 10253, last year was 10214 and the year before that was the first year I did so with (the relatively small, but at the time the biggest set for me) 75054 - but I'm thinking getting PSVR would be a better use of my money, and I'll just get a relatively small set again.

Do not forget that ALL of your current PS4 games will be instantly playable via the PSVR headset with the equivalent of having a 226 inch TV strapped to your face which Sony have said will be like sitting in front of a cinema screen, but without any distractions by light, people or anything else, the most immersive experience possible in video gaming. This is why I have waited to play TLOU imagine how incredible that will be with the headset on...(and this is without even talking about the VR games coming).

What you need to ask yourself is this...

If I buy this next week will I be disappointed?

If I do not buy this week will I be disappointed?

The price will eventually come down to £299, but by then you may have missed 6 months worth of gaming, and who knows what will happen to us in our lives.

I believe in making the most of each day, and being positive at all times.

Be happy with your final decision and have no regrets.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

I've tried Cinema Mode (got to play the Bound demo and accidentally first started a normal demo instead of the VR demo) and I don't know if I'll be using it much. It helps that I have my own mancave though where I can game without distractions there.

Personally, I think I will be aching to get it until I get it. Truth be told, I started my doubts just after the No Man's Sky disaster, which is why I absolutely wanted to try VR before buying it. Ever since I tried it, I've been leaning more and more towards the "I will get it" side. It helps that Fractured But Whole has been delayed until 2017 so after PSVR there are no gaming expenses for me for the rest of the year but VR games.

I posted some more trophy lists in the OP. Things are really getting started now...

I just want to see the trophy list for X-Wing. I know it's just thirty minutes in length and basically a try-out for a full X-Wing game (and I know that I don't really care about trophies) but I want to know with certainty that it will not just be Battlefront DLC but listed as a separate game, and that it will be available to buy for non-Battlefront owners right away (ideally with a maximum price of €5).

I posted some more trophy lists in the OP. Things are really getting started now...

I just want to see the trophy list for X-Wing. I know it's just thirty minutes in length and basically a try-out for a full X-Wing game (and I know that I don't really care about trophies) but I want to know with certainty that it will not just be Battlefront DLC but listed as a separate game, and that it will be available to buy for non-Battlefront owners right away (ideally with a maximum price of €5).

I'm still confused by that one, do you need Battlefront to play it? Or is it a stand alone game? I can't stand Battlefront (not the game itself, but being 100% MP skirmish is a big no for me, I hate online games with a passion) but I would pay for a stand alone game no problem at all.

About buying now or wait, I'm going to wait for one of 2 things, a bundle with the camera + 2 moves like the one US is getting or a bundle with a game I want, a price drop is meanigless to me, I just want the most complete package possible.

I'm still confused by that one, do you need Battlefront to play it? Or is it a stand alone game? I can't stand Battlefront (not the game itself, but being 100% MP skirmish is a big no for me, I hate online games with a passion) but I would pay for a stand alone game no problem at all.

About buying now or wait, I'm going to wait for one of 2 things, a bundle with the camera + 2 moves like the one US is getting or a bundle with a game I want, a price drop is meanigless to me, I just want the most complete package possible.

Yeah the uncertainty is unbelievable especially since it's one of the high profile titles, small as it will be (reports are that it's a half hour play at best). We know it will be free for Battlefront players but zero information has been given about non-Battlefront players, nature of the title (DLC or stand-alone, or both)...

P.S. it does not even seem to be a launch game any more, the EU blog list now just states "Q4 2016"...

I didn't like Battlefront either, also because I'm not into multiplayer. It's easy enought to get a used copy of Battlefront here but I'd rather just pay them €1-€5 for the title and be done with it. I don't want MP Battlefront, I want SP Rogue Squadron.

I already got a new camera about two months ago. I will probably get the move controllers as well, decided on that since I tried Batman. It sucks that Sony is not giving EU a bundle but eventual bundle availability is not an argument for me, I just make that a sub-argument of getting it a bit cheaper later on.

I also just want to know a bunch of digital only indie prices...  And I want to know anything at all about a VR expansion to Ethan Carter. Will it be a free upgrade like TrackMania will get, or will it be a separate game like on Steam?

I just realised what would be a cool VR game... Pokémon Snap!

Edited by BillyHorrible

Yeah the uncertainty is unbelievable especially since it's one of the high profile titles, small as it will be (reports are that it's a half hour play at best). We know it will be free for Battlefront players but zero information has been given about non-Battlefront players, nature of the title (DLC or stand-alone, or both)...

P.S. it does not even seem to be a launch game any more, the EU blog list now just states "Q4 2016"...

I didn't like Battlefront either, also because I'm not into multiplayer. It's easy enought to get a used copy of Battlefront here but I'd rather just pay them €1-€5 for the title and be done with it. I don't want MP Battlefront, I want SP Rogue Squadron.

I already got a new camera about two months ago. I will probably get the move controllers as well, decided on that since I tried Batman. It sucks that Sony is not giving EU a bundle but eventual bundle availability is not an argument for me, I just make that a sub-argument of getting it a bit cheaper later on.

I also just want to know a bunch of digital only indie prices...  And I want to know anything at all about a VR expansion to Ethan Carter. Will it be a free upgrade like TrackMania will get, or will it be a separate game like on Steam?

I just realised what would be a cool VR game... Pokémon Snap!

That sucks, I really want that to be stand-alone, I would rather pay 10€ for the VR experience alone then 5€ for Battlefront and get it for free...

I just like to get the most complete package, either the full set to be ready for every game I might get or one with a game included so I can get right into it. I'll already have a couple of games when I do buy it though, at least Rise of the Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy XV.

But there's one game that would make me buy the VR right away, with or without a bundle, and it's a game I already own, Alien: Isolation... one guy at SEGA said that every team of theirs is messing around with VR and see what works and what doesn't, and he said that their biggest dream was to make Alien work with the PSVR, and he ended the interview saying "...and dreams do come true"

On a lower note, yesterday I saw Gravity for the first time and now I want Adr1ft in VR, stupid devs... :shakefist:

Edited by Devil_Spooky

Heads up everybody, apparently there will be a piece today on the EU PS blog about "non-game experiences". Can't wait to see what they have prepared...

That sucks, I really want that to be stand-alone, I would rather pay 10€ for the VR experience alone then 5€ for Battlefront and get it for free...

I just like to get the most complete package, either the full set to be ready for every game I might get or one with a game included so I can get right into it. I'll already have a couple of games when I do buy it though, at least Rise of the Tomb Raider and Final Fantasy XV.

But there's one game that would make me buy the VR right away, with or without a bundle, and it's a game I already own, Alien: Isolation... one guy at SEGA said that every team of theirs is messing around with VR and see what works and what doesn't, and he said that their biggest dream was to make Alien work with the PSVR, and he ended the interview saying "...and dreams do come true"

On a lower note, yesterday I saw Gravity for the first time and now I want Adr1ft in VR, stupid devs... :shakefist:

I'd love some form of Alien Isolation for VR. And yes, I'm still pissed about the devs deciding to not bother with VR for the PS4 version of Adrift.

I also have Rise Of The Tomb Raider pre-ordered so at least there's that. I hope some of the small game prices will not be that high. Waddle Home gets good reviews on Steam and is only €10 there... For the right price, I would not mind getting games like Wayward Sky, Volume: Coda (free if you own Volume but I did not know it was from the makers of Thomas Was Alone and missed every sale opportunity up to now), Thumper, The Assembly or even Superhypercube. I explained the basic idea of Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes to my wife and she's ready to try that one out with me.

P.S. Does anyone know if EVE: Gunjack is multiplayer and/or singleplayer?

P.P.S. Here They Lie trophy list is up. It appears you CAN die though dying five times getting a silver trophy seems like it's tough to pull off. I do so hope that the game goes for weird instead of scary most of the time, from playing the demo I think that's where it's strength lies.

Edited by BillyHorrible

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/10/06/playstation-vr-is-almost-here/

There's more info on the X-Wing Mission, and it's starting to awfully sound like it's going to be for Battlefront owners only...

Among the holiday lineup is one of the most incredible gaming experiences ever conceived — the opportunity to battle against the evil Empire in an X-wing fighter in VR. Thanks to the talented teams at Dice, Criterion and Lucasfilm, Star Wars Battlefront Rogue One: X-wing VR Mission will give PS VR owners a chance to experience something we’ve all dreamed about. This experience will be free for all PS4 owners of last year’s fan-favorite shooter Star Wars Battlefront when it launches on PS VR this holiday.

Arriving exclusively to PlayStation®VR this holiday, it is free* for all owners of Star Wars™ Battlefront™.
* Requires Star Wars™ Battlefront™ for PS4™, PlayStation®VR and PlayStation Camera (all sold separately)

It can still be available for a small price for non-owners of Battlefront, even these comments don't rule it out, but the odds are getting slimmer and slimmer (and yes, haha, I know you don't want me to ever tell you the odds).

Edited by BillyHorrible

Heads up everybody, apparently there will be a piece today on the EU PS blog about "non-game experiences". Can't wait to see what they have prepared...

Here we go...

Seems to be one of two things: actual movies, and 360 degrees documentaries. I'm mostly interested in the First Life docu from Attenborough but many of the CGI movies, documentaries and even 360 degrees rollercoasters sound cool to try.