PlayStation VR games discussion for VR players

Oobedoob S Benubi

I played this last night too on a different account that i made purposely because i didn't want the trophies, it was really a lot of fun, i think i ended up with 14 of the little fellas, missed a couple early on as i didn't realise i couldn't go back to them.

Graphics were mostly ok, the animations were really nice when you 'kicked' the guys into your DS4 pad but occasionally the graphics were also a bit blurry or just out of focus, not that this was a major issue but it does exist.

Fun demo though.

Why do you not want the trophies? Do you have a 25 game limit on your account? :-D

Seriously though, as you have already mentioned your partner playing along, I will suggest you just play all the minigames together. Something was up with the Cat one I think, too easy for the cat to win, but the others are all fun. You can't get all twenty bots on your own by the way, you need a tv player for two of them.

Weird that you had some blurry issues, for me it was the crispiest cleariest game I played...

Just think what could happen if some dev is going to take this idea and run with it... a year from now we could stand right in the middle of Super Mario 3D Land!

Why do you not want the trophies? Do you have a 25 game limit on your account? :-D

Seriously though, as you have already mentioned your partner playing along, I will suggest you just play all the minigames together. Something was up with the Cat one I think, too easy for the cat to win, but the others are all fun. You can't get all twenty bots on your own by the way, you need a tv player for two of them.

Weird that you had some blurry issues, for me it was the crispiest cleariest game I played...

Just think what could happen if some dev is going to take this idea and run with it... a year from now we could stand right in the middle of Super Mario 3D Land!

Oh no sorry, i just heard that the trophies popped when you joined a room and did nothing and i just didn't fancy that, one did pop pretty much as soon as i loaded the room before i even played any games (just like you said it would on the 'other' thread last night and i can confirm that this does happen).

My wife screamed, literally when she played Until dawn, and we both agreed that we believed we were on an actual roller coaster, it felt like we was leaning round corners and going up and down the slopes, the brain is easy to trick and this type of game really takes advantage of that and is easily the best demo i have played so far (Driveclub is total pants, it looks really blurry and does not feel right at all).

The blur i saw in robots was in the distance, like over the next platform type of thing, close up it was fine.

Edit: Summer lesson is having graphical problems, Hikari is very detailed no problem with her, she looks almost real its ridiculous, but in the kitchen area cups and pots all look really blurry and out of focus as do pictures hanging on the wall literally feet from where i sit, its about inconsistencies at the moment and i think depending on who saw what and at what time their perception of PSVR could be anything from totally blown away to completely disappointed.

Edit 2: I played Sleeping dogs in cinematic mode last night and it was pretty bad, its not the sharpest game graphically anyway and really actually more difficult to play due to how close i felt to the action, graphically it looked like a PS3 game and again i think if someone just played the wrong things in their first session on PSVR they could be disappointed, I am not trying to defend the hugely exaggerated crap posted elsewhere though.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

Yeah one trophy pops when you fire your first "rocket". All the trophies in the game are for actually doing someting though, and I think there are worse games to have on your list :) I have never understood the idea of playing something without wanting it on your card anyway.

Have you tried the Thumper demo yet? I have not tried Until Dawn but I am not really looking for scary experiences at the moment.

I think I actually never looked that far into the distance in Robots Rescue... I noticed in other games that small things in the distance are pixelly though. It's why I said that I think the best stuff is stuff that does not try to be real, I get that you're annoyed by Summer Lesson if you sit in a room and see a blurry picture hanging on a wall. That just looks off, and VR has not gotten to the stage of working something like that out yet, we need better screens for that. I think the best experiences with the least noticeable blur effect can be had with games that don't even try to look real. A bright cartoony platformer like Robots Rescue, a fast minimalistic Twilight Zone racer like Thumper, a space shooter with just the blackness of space in the distance...

I think how well PSVR looks for you might have a LOT to do with your own eyes, if they "accept" VR or not. Like perhaps if you're well rested it might work better than when you are sleepy.

It became outright bizarre when I was in Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes and in The PLayroom - trophy room. In both, I decided to really watch something up close - went close to the Bomb Guide and the bombs themselves, and in the trophy room I started looking closely at a tinybot playing an arcade game and a tinybot washing a car (you'll get them when you win some balls in the small minigame there).

When I start looking this close, the screen door effect completely disappears and it actually seems like it's really really there. The tinybots are so shiny, I can actually look along the edges of the buttons on the bombs... It's weird to think at that point that it's all just pixels and imagination.

On Cinematic mode: while I was negative about it at first, I have come around to appreciate it after trying a bit of Netflix. The screen got better for me once I was just watching a movie and not trying to game. I still do not think I will use it if the television screen is available though.

Yeah one trophy pops when you fire your first "rocket". All the trophies in the game are for actually doing someting though, and I think there are worse games to have on your list :) I have never understood the idea of playing something without wanting it on your card anyway.

Have you tried the Thumper demo yet? I have not tried Until Dawn but I am not really looking for scary experiences at the moment.

I wouldn't want to get all of the trophies from that room, cos i don't think i would want to play everything there, so i just popped my nose through the door to take a peek at the game you recommended :)

I have not tried Thumper yet, on the US demo download disc theres about half i have not looked at yet. I have just played the RE7 kitchen demo and it was super scary, the edges of the graphics (anti aliasing?) really needs tweaking though, but that game will be insane on PSVR based on the 10 minutes i played.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

I have more than a few games on my card which I tried and did not like, they will remain at one trophy popped forever! :)

Yeah I noticed the edges, I also noticed that with Here They Lie. That's exactly what I was thinking about when I talked about platformers, minimalistic racers and space in my previous post.

Now I am actually wondering what would happen if LEGO decided to make a VR compatible game... walking speeds in those games are slow enough that it should not make people sick.

Most people, that is. For my wife, the slide at the end of Robots Rescue was already too much. She's not playing the Thumper and Driveclub demos any time soon.

As I said, this is not for PSVR, but yes, that's it =D That's the future of VR :D

That's true, but PSVR has the best chance of being successful in Japan compared to other headsets, so you know Japanese devs are gonna support it.

Just imagine the possibilities... :eyebrow:

Let's just hope more devs don't take the Danganronpa approach of stopping you doing anything naughty... :giggle:

trkTVPCl.png

They don't even let you look anywhere inappropriate! :o 

If this is the future, then I want no part of it! :P

Edited by Undead Wolf

Let's just hope more devs don't take the Danganronpa approach of stopping you doing anything naughty... :giggle:

trkTVPCl.png

I think this was a positioning fail :/

Unfortunately, they put Hina too close to the MC =D

This appears because player moved out of visible/playable area and... unfortunately, due to positioning, it covers the important parts :awesome:

There are other screens from better angle =D

That's true, but PSVR has the best chance of being successful in Japan compared to other headsets, so you know Japanese devs are gonna support it.

I don't need to, I already feel the Japan power from the far east :awesome:

I think this was a positioning fail :/

Unfortunately, they put Hina too close to the MC =D

This appears because player moved out of visible/playable area and... unfortunately, due to positioning, it covers the important parts :awesome:

There are other screens from better angle =D

Ah, I see, so what you're saying is that there may be hope yet! :awesome:

I don't need to, I already feel the Japan power from the far east :awesome:

Teach me your ways, senpai. :giggle:

I couldn't see this on the first page but Catlateral Damage also has a VR patch.  It's on sale at the moment for $3.99 on the NA Flash Sale

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/catlateral-damage/cid=UP0259-CUSA04521_00-0000000000000001

Shoot, I read that somewhere last week and completely forgot about it! Anyone know if it is a fun game?

I made the first page with the PSVR games list on wiki so not everything is on there and there may be stuff on it that never gets released in the end. I'm also not updating it at this point since VR is out now, so feel free to create a thread for games that are announced and/or mention it here.

trkTVPCl.png

Wait whaaaat. Is the Danganronpa Reloaded for the PS4 going to have VR compatibility ?? o:

I couldn't see this on the first page but Catlateral Damage also has a VR patch.  It's on sale at the moment for $3.99 on the NA Flash Sale

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/catlateral-damage/cid=UP0259-CUSA04521_00-0000000000000001

And this makes me more happier knowing I have more games that are VR compatible *-*

Wait whaaaat. Is the Danganronpa Reloaded for the PS4 going to have VR compatibility ?? o:

No, that's Cyber Danganronpa VR: Class Trial. It's currently available to Plus members in Japan/Asia, but Spike Chunsoft are working on bringing it to the west.

KEuqGtH.png

Edited by Undead Wolf
  • Like 1

There's my first PSVR platinum... surprise surprise, it's The Playroom VR :)

My brother-in-law came over and we played all games a few times together with the missus, eventually looking at what trophies were still needed.

We figured out the cat one, by the way. Turns out the problem when me and the missus were playing was that she as a mouse never held her controller still, while the point is that the mice should stay still when the cat peeks out of the curtains :D it seemed very obvious once I started playing a mouse.

We think that both versus games (cat and monster) get easier for the tv players when there are more players participating. Our favourite game was the western one.

By the way, for those keeping count, that's three people on this end with glasses who have zero problems with seeing things clearly in VR. Just saying.

So... now what? I think I'm going to focus on Rise Of The Tomb Raider, if I get that one done then I can trade it on again. With VR, I really want to get Thumper and Batman but with both I kind of want to wait for a sale... I am marginally interested in Waddle Home but I really want to see some first hand reviews to make up my mind.

If my wife is not too busy then we'll continue on Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes soon. Hope we're good enough to get through them all... I can really recommend it to anyone who can communicate well with their partner and wants something different. Ten percent off for the first week or so...

• Like 2

My brother-in-law came over and we played all games a few times together with the missus, eventually looking at what trophies were still needed.

We figured out the cat one, by the way. Turns out the problem when me and the missus were playing was that she as a mouse never held her controller still, while the point is that the mice should stay still when the cat peeks out of the curtains :D it seemed very obvious once I started playing a mouse.

We think that both versus games (cat and monster) get easier for the tv players when there are more players participating. Our favourite game was the western one.

By the way, for those keeping count, that's three people on this end with glasses who have zero problems with seeing things clearly in VR. Just saying.

So... now what? I think I'm going to focus on Rise Of The Tomb Raider, if I get that one done then I can trade it on again. With VR, I really want to get Thumper and Batman but with both I kind of want to wait for a sale... I am marginally interested in Waddle Home but I really want to see some first hand reviews to make up my mind.

If my wife is not too busy then we'll continue on Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes soon. Hope we're good enough to get through them all... I can really recommend it to anyone who can communicate well with their partner and wants something different. Ten percent off for the first week or so...

Congrats.

Now explore the real world :awesome:

Anyway, how many players do you need for this Plat?

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

Awesome! :D  I'm not quite sure what my first PS VR plat will be. Maybe Thumper if it's not too difficult. Satoshi Ookami asked a good question about the number of players, so I'm hoping the number isn't too high. You should consider writing a guide for The Playroom VR as I'm sure it would be a hit because so many people are playing it.

Good job once again!

Edited by olimoo101
  • Like 1

trkTVPCl.png

Unfortunately... it seems some games will have this deliberately :/

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-10-15/playstation-vr-protects-hatsune-miku-from-upskirting/.107612

Congrats.

Now explore the real world :awesome:

Anyway, how many players do you need for this Plat?

Awesome! :D I'm not quite sure what my first PS VR plat will be. Maybe Thumper if it's not too difficult. Satoshi Ookami asked a good question about the number of players, so I'm hoping the number isn't too high. You should consider writing a guide for The Playroom VR as I'm sure it would be a hit because so many people are playing it.

Good job once again!

Rest assured, you can get the platinum with one additional player. Though I have to say the games get more fun with more people involved. I'm keeping it on my PS4, I think it's the perfect game to get people to experience VR for the first time. I only have two controllers though but I might get some more if they ever make a full party game.

I would have no problem with writing a guide, I've written a few walkthroughs for the forum I used to frequent before I found PSNP. I have not written anything for this site yet though, how would I go about requesting permission to write something for this game?

Edited by BillyHorrible

I would have no problem with writing a guide, I've written a few walkthroughs for the forum I used to frequent before I found PSNP. I have not written anything for this site yet though, how would I go about requesting permission to write something for this game?

You can join the event :awesome:

Anyway, you can take dibs on it here and simply do it :D Here's a FAQ.