PlayStation VR games discussion for VR players

Oobedoob S Benubi

You can join the event :awesome:

Anyway, you can take dibs on it here and simply do it :D Here's a FAQ.

Thanks. I have posted in both threads, opened the FAQ and I have started on a guide.

On a different topic, has anybody played EVE Gunjack yet?

I played the EVE Valkyrie demo and enjoyed it but I'm not into multiplayer so I will ignore that game for now. Gunjack is single player though and only €8 for PS+ members (20% off)... I might just get it but I'd feel more comfortable with some user comments first.

Just a quick comment as I know there are a few Hatsune Miku fans lurking in here :)

Jumped into some Hatsune Miku VR tonight and it was a little different to what I was expecting. Your basically a fan in the crowd as she sings 3 song sets. You are only required to wave your glow stick in various directions lead by the crowd. There is also some yelling of the Diva's name required ( so prewarn anyone else in the house ). While the gameplay is minimal the experience is fantastic, and if you are lucky enough to sway your glow stick well enough you get a private encore.

Obviously this game would only interest those that have put in some significant time into Project Diva X, but if your a fan trust me you will be dancing away in your chair ....... great fun

Edited by cjshaitan

Just a quick comment as I know there are a few Hatsune Miku fans lurking in here :)

Jumped into some Hatsune Miku VR tonight and it was a little different to what I was expecting. Your basically a fan in the crowd as she sings 3 song sets. You are only required to wave your glow stick in various directions lead by the crowd. There is also some yelling of the Diva's name required ( so prewarn anyone else in the house ). While the gameplay is minimal the experience is fantastic, and if you are lucky enough to sway your glow stick well enough you get a private encore.

Obviously this game would only interest those that have put in some significant time into Project Diva X, but if your a fan trust me you will be dancing away in your chair ....... great fun

Well, that's how it was advertised =D

It's not supposed to be a full fledged game, simply Miku VR concert (without pantsu :()

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

WHAAAAAAAT!? Why would they do this? :(

There's nothing more immersion breaking than going about my daily perverted life only for a warning to appear right in front of my face. :awesome:

VR is dead. It's all over, folks. :P

• Like 1

I just started RIGS today and am really enjoying it! A lot better than I thought it would be as it plays so much better than it looks. The single player season seems great and the online is fantastic! If you don't get motion sick from VR like me then I recommend turning off the options that help people with motion problems, just the feeling of getting ejected from your mech is sensational! A very well-made game from Guerilla Cambridge. I highly recommend it!  :D

Side note: Just a few minutes after posting this I realised that Guerilla Cambridge's last game was Killzone Mercenary which got great reviews. One of Sony's most underappreciated first party studios?

Edited by olimoo101
  • Like 2

There was also subtitles in one of those movies too on the demo disc, can't recall it's name at the moment.

INVASION! was not on the demo disc but Allumette was... though I think that Allumette did not use any words at all. I watched both without subtitles, Gunjack had them automatically switched on and I did not bother turning them off.

So 5th day of using a little bit of VR and I'm definitely feeling like I am getting my VR legs. Played hour of Driveclub and felt fine, which is a big improvement on my first attempt on Thursday. Is anyone else finding there tolerance improving

I've played mostly games where I was sitting still in game but I did notice that those first few times, I got a bit lightheaded, which does not really happen any more.

So 5th day of using a little bit of VR and I'm definitely feeling like I am getting my VR legs. Played hour of Driveclub and felt fine, which is a big improvement on my first attempt on Thursday. Is anyone else finding their tolerance improving

Yeah, my tolerance for one game is getting a lot better. I played Super Stardust Ultra VR Invasion Zone for the first time a few days ago and had a very minor headache for the entirety of the next day. I've played it quite a lot since and the negative effects now are not any different to that of playing a game normally.

Edited by olimoo101

INVASION! was not on the demo disc but Allumette was... though I think that Allumette did not use any words at all. I watched both without subtitles, Gunjack had them automatically switched on and I did not bother turning them off.

I watched on the US demo disc, it was a documentary of a guy in boat in Papyua... deffo had sub titles cos I was reading them :)

I watched on the US demo disc, it was a documentary of a guy in boat in Papyua... deffo had sub titles cos I was reading them :)

That's neither INVASION! nor Allumette though... The two "true VR" movies. I did not know the demo disc held additional movies, is that like Littlstar or something?

Yeah, my tolerance for one game is getting a lot better. I played Super Stardust Ultra VR Invasion Zone for the first time a few days ago and had a very minor headache for the entirety of the next day. I've played it quite a lot since and the negative effects now are not any different to that of playing a game normally.

Nice, it's funny but on Friday I felt pretty ordinary most of the day after playing for only 2hrs on Thursday. Hasn't been like that since. Perhaps we are all getting better :)

Got my unit today and played around with a bunch of demos. Really liked allumette & wayward sky. The one moment that absolutely blew me away was when playing allumette. At one point you get a cut through view of a ship, and you can actually move your head in the ship and look into the cabin that isn't being showed through the cut through view. Absolutely amazing.

Thumper & Rez stand out as well, but i haven't really figured out how to play them yet, lol.

Here they lie was also a good experience, although here is where the resolution problems start to show. Everything is muddy and blurry, however it's not that hard to look past that. Here they lie had a few jumpscares and was overall a goodl horror experience. After that i tried the kitchen demo. It also had a pretty blurry/muddy look however the character models don't seem to have this as much. But holy shit, that demo was something alright. Absolutely terrifying.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 1

Well I 100%'d Batman Arkham VR. I would say it can be a solid 4 hours or so in total if you like to explore and figure everything out for yourself. I know some people had considered getting it and I highly recommend it if you are a Batman fan and even moreso if you've played all the Arkham games so far.

I've watched a couple of people play my copy of Rush of Blood and they all seemed to love it. I played a tiny bit of VR worlds, but Luge made me sick, and then I tried Loading Human Chapter 1 this morning and it's really freaking awesome outside of the fact it made me sick (But I have bad vertigo problems the last few years so it's going to take a lot of practice for me to get used to it).

Anyone else get sick from like one spin in an office chair if you've played the VR the same day? It seems to kick up my Vertigo issues outside of VR if I spin myself like that. Normally it wouldn't bother me but one little spin and I feel weird lol