PlayStation VR games discussion for VR players

Oobedoob S Benubi

Ah yes, I now see that you have almost 95% completion.... neeeeeever gonna happen for me ^-^

Yea, 95.5% without the last started game =D

Going for 96% now xD

I got pulled in by achievement hunting, hated myself for it, started anew with trophies and now I just play whatever I feel like. If you see me completing a game it was very enjoyable and/or very short. I look at trophies to see what the devs want me to experience in their game but if it's out of my way and/or annoying then you won't see me going for it, and these days I usually turn of trophy notifications for a new game I play when it's supposed to immerse you in the story. The few times I can see myself grind it's either because the content is so diverse (Driveclub with all DLC; aren't race games a grind per definition anyway?) or because it's all in a nice open world to explore. Faffed about in Assassin's Creed Black Flag recently, even though I completed the story two years ago.

That being said, I hope that VR patches for games that are already out have some trophies in them, at least one for actually playing in VR. If only so I can flaunt VR like the big proud peacock that I am.

I'm actually wondering how the trophies for VR are going to work.

I mean, wouldn't it be dreamy if you were immersed in a game and suddenly YOU HAVE EARNED A TROPHY! ? xD

Yea, 95.5% without the last started game =D

Going for 96% now xD

I'm actually wondering how the trophies for VR are going to work.

I mean, wouldn't it be dreamy if you were immersed in a game and suddenly YOU HAVE EARNED A TROPHY! ? xD

I'm going for completing more of my backlog (much of which I have obtained 1 trophy in as a dive) this next year but the way the rate works on here I doubt I'll get over 70%, or even reach it... Doesn't matter, I pick my battles. At least I'm on playing games I enjoy again instead of what I did on X360, getting games for the easy completions.

My guess is that it will just be a 3D pop-up. Games will be games and I'm assuming I'll see stats hovering over the screen anyway, like a speedometer for racing games or ammo in shooters. Like how subtitles hover in front of the screen with 3D movies.

As said, I'll probably turn off notifications anyway, at least for games where I have to be immersed in the story.

Also, note to self: have to get Star Wars Battlefront used from somewhere so I get X-Wing VR for free. If it's just a €5 separate game I might not bother and just buy it separately but if it's Battlefront DLC or more expensive than that I might as well get the full game anyway, I have enough games lying around to trade.

Also, need to buy more lenses. I am not going to play VR with glasses on.

Edited by BillyHorrible

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed there are some Playstation VR try-out events in my country the next month. I signed up for one, I never actually had the thing on yet. Now, just after what will be known as "The No Man's Sky Debacle", I notice I've become a bit weary about trusting people developing something without some hands-on experience. I wasn't one for pre-ordering much and now I think I need to tone it down even more, to just the devs I trust the most.

Noticed there are some Playstation VR try-out events in my country the next month. I signed up for one, I never actually had the thing on yet. Now, just after what will be known as "The No Man's Sky Debacle", I notice I've become a bit weary about trusting people developing something without some hands-on experience. I wasn't one for pre-ordering much and now I think I need to tone it down even more, to just the devs I trust the most.

I live in the Netherlands too, could you link me some of those events? I also really want to try this out (if possible a few times :P) before I pre-order it

• Like 1

I live in the Netherlands too, could you link me some of those events? I also really want to try this out (if possible a few times :P) before I pre-order it

Ironically I didn't post any link because I didn't think many Dutch people would be on this little thread :)

http://www.psx-sense.nl/245003/op-data-kun-playstation-vr-uitproberen-nederland-reserveren-is-verplicht/

This article links you to the site and it's where I found it. This is the direct link to register and make a reservation: http://trypsvr.com/nl_NL

This is where and when VR can be tested:

• Utrecht – 5 t.m. 10 september
  • Rotterdam – 12 t.m. 17 september
  • Amsterdam – 19 t.m. 24 september
  • Eindhoven – 26 september t.m. 1 oktober

You'll get the exact adress once you complete the booking (comes with a nice long survey too). You have to pick a date and then a time (goes per half hour, and you have to be there ten minutes in advance to check in and stuff).

Note that to pre-order, you may want to be quick about it if you want to have it day one - I know GameMania is already through their first batch and has started a waiting list.

• Like 2

Ironically I didn't post any link because I didn't think many Dutch people would be on this little thread :)

http://www.psx-sense.nl/245003/op-data-kun-playstation-vr-uitproberen-nederland-reserveren-is-verplicht/

This article links you to the site and it's where I found it. This is the direct link to register and make a reservation: http://trypsvr.com/nl_NL

You'll get the exact adress once you complete the booking (comes with a nice long survey too). You have to pick a date and then a time (goes per half hour, and you have to be there ten minutes in advance to check in and stuff).

Note that to pre-order, you may want to be quick about it if you want to have it day one - I know GameMania is already through their first batch and has started a waiting list.

Awesome, I'm going to register as soon as possible. Thanks for the link! I'm excited to try it out  :D

There will be a 4th trophy section for VR games?

Also you forgot to add Hustle King VR to the list

Games get added all the time, it's not a case of forgetting as much as just not having added new games yet. That's why I said "I will add to this as we go along". I have also not added the games Satoshi mentioned yet.

Though in this case, I guess you just need to look better because Hustle Kings is definitely already on the list :)

• Like 1

Games get added all the time, it's not a case of forgetting as much as just not having added new games yet. That's why I said "I will add to this as we go along". I have also not added the games Satoshi mentioned yet.

Though in this case, I guess you just need to look better because Hustle Kings is definitely already on the list :)

Sorry I didn't saw it >.<

Weeb discrimination! :awesome:

Just joking, take your time. =D Summer Lesson is not confirmed for localization anyway.

But Miku is.

Weeb discrimination! :awesome:

Just joking, take your time. =D Summer Lesson is not confirmed for localization anyway.

But Miku is.

Adding them now. Also wanted to add the "new footage" of Summer Lesson you posted but unless I'm mistaken, that's the same video as the one I already have in the list.

Added some stuff about feeling free to posting new titles in the thread, and about localisation.

Also, someone please correct me but "dead or alive" sounds like zombie horror. Why is it girls in tiny bikinis playing beach volleyball?

Also also, I noticed I had already put Miku in there, with a full trailer... Under the complete title, Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X HD. Please tell me if I'm wrong with this and it needs to be under M for some reason.

Also also also, went by the game titles of which we didn't have any videos yet. Found new stuff for Batman (trailer instead of just teaser), The Easel (gameplay), Filthy Lucre (teaser trailer, looks like a Guy Ritchy plot by the way) and Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (gameplay).

Edited by BillyHorrible

Too bad they didnt do it in my vacation time, would have like to join

But at all of these dates im just to busy :(

Also, someone please correct me but "dead or alive" sounds like zombie horror. Why is it girls in tiny bikinis playing beach volleyball?

Japan. =D

Also also, I noticed I had already put Miku in there, with a full trailer... Under the complete title, Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA X HD. Please tell me if I'm wrong with this and it needs to be under M for some reason.

It's actually not that game, but it's a VR game xD So you actually made a mistake that wasn't a mistake =D

It's a bit complicated =D

DIVA X HD is like Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, PS4 game with VR support.

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-hd-ps4-launches-august-25-japan

The one that is fully VR is Hatsune Miku VR: Future Live =D

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/hatsune-miku-vr-future-live-coming-west-october-14

In any case, only trailers need to be changed :D

Japan. =D

It's actually not that game, but it's a VR game xD So you actually made a mistake that wasn't a mistake =D

It's a bit complicated =D

DIVA X HD is like Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, PS4 game with VR support.

http://gematsu.com/2016/04/hatsune-miku-project-diva-x-hd-ps4-launches-august-25-japan

The one that is fully VR is Hatsune Miku VR: Future Live =D

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/hatsune-miku-vr-future-live-coming-west-october-14

In any case, only trailers need to be changed :D

So I can let the DIVA game stand as it is and I have to add Future Live, right?

In other news, the Star Wars X-Wing VR Mission is now titled Star Wars: Rogue One X-Wing VR Mission. Tempted about trading a game I'm done with for Battlefront to get the VR Mission for free but if it's just €5 then I will probably just buy it as stand alone, to show EA support for this game with the hope that they'll make a full VR single player title.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Too bad they didnt do it in my vacation time, would have like to join

But at all of these dates im just to busy :(

By the way the hours are pretty flexible, don't know the starting times any more (twelve maybe?) but they go on until six, and they're also on saturdays.

I think this might be the first time I'm actively happy that my work requires me to live near the Randstad, all of those locations would work for me more or less, I just had to pick the one that worked best with work :)

Yea.

Btw, this is probably the only thing that is close to trailer for this =D

Thanks for that. I added it as "gameplay". No need to be picky here, we're just trying to lump a lot of stuff together so people can get an idea of which games they want, if any at all.

For the reqord, my main interest goes to the titles below now. Keeping a shortlist so I canbrecall what I wanted out of VR, since I keep forgetting which titles are what.

Ace Combat 7 - Assault Horizon was one of only two jet fighter games I played in the last decade (the other being HAWX), Assault Horizon was the one I preferred.

Adrift - alone in a space station? Yes please!

ARK: Survival Evolved - I can't tand multiplayer games even if it ends up being me against bots in a map. Those dinosaurs though... I will definitely need a check before a buy.

The Assembly - I love interactive walking fiction where you walk around a strange place, piecing together a story. I'll have a lot of these in my list.

Batman: Arkham VR - even though it's just a suit-up batcave sequence and a detective sequence, can't wait.

Driveclub - played the main game close to the start. Bought the online game including season pass for a crazy low price earlier this year. Stopped playing the DLC when I heard this would go on VR. so I would still have new races to enjoy. So sad I already did the Lamborghini DLC... Still got 11 DLC packs to play through though.

Farpoint - even though I'm not usually one for FPS, I am very much one for SF.

Final Approach: Pilot Edition - to counter-act the seriousness of Ace Combat but only if it's very cheap.

Gary The Gull - the premise did nothing for me when I was told about it, but I saw the teaser and thought that it could be a very fun little thing.

Gran Turismo Sport - I've been on team PlayStation for about two years, starting with PS4 and I have never played a GT game. Bring it!

How We Soar - just putting this on the list so I remember to look for more about this once it's closer to release.

iO Moon - you remember how I talked about interactive walking fiction and about SF? Yeah, just pretend I said something about that again here.

Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes - VR seems to be a good market for weird gimmick puzzle games, bring it.

Mars 2030 Experience - if the price is right, because right now it just seems to be walking around without anything added at all.

MIND: Path To Thalamus - interactive walking fiction, with weird impressive scenery to boot.

Moto Racer 4 - because just having car driving games is not enough.

P.O.L.L.E.N. - interactive walking fiction. Research station. Yeah.

Project Cars - VR might just be what this racing game was missing for me.

Pychonauts - it's Double Fine. Haven't played the first one yet, that needs to change.

Q.U.B.E.² - loved the first game.

Radial-G - what I love more than racing is futuristic racing, like F-Zero or even Star Wars Racer. This game seems to have more speed than Distance.

Rise Of The Tomb Raider: Blood Ties - if there's anything that can make me forget the awfulness of a timed X1 exclusive Tomb Raider, it's a VR add-on.

Robinson: The Journey - more dinosaurs, and unlike ARK this one seems to be single player.

Shadow Of The Beast - there's a reason I have not bought this game yet.

Star Wars: Rogue One X-Wing VR Mission - surprised?

Statik: Institute Of Retention - Quirky dark puzzle game, bring it.

Thunderbird - Unfortunately, not related to the Thunderbirds. Fortunately, a very stylish interactive walking fiction game.

Trackmania Turbo - Let's see if this gets any better with VR.

The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter - I already played through this in 2D. Trust me.

Xing: The Land Beyond - interactive walking fiction plus puzzles plus scenery equals very happy.

And you can add those "scary" titles to that but I'm going to be a bit more wait and see on those.

Personally, I think that driving, flying and interactive walking fiction are the genres to look forward to the most in VR. I'm not sure yet whether VR is the best with long super-emersive stuff, or with short weird stuff.

Edited by BillyHorrible

Btw. since you are distinguishing between Trailers/Gameplays/Tech Demos, maybe you could also mention if the game is standalone VR or VR-playable :)

I'm sure that would be a valuable info as well :)

Problem is that I don't know that about many, many titles. The distinguishing I do between trailers etc is so people know what they're clicking on.

Honestly, the only games I can figure out the VR required-compatible thing of are the few that already have box covers and the few that say `only for PlayStation VR` in their announcements.

Problem is that I don't know that about many, many titles. The distinguishing I do between trailers etc is so people know what they're clicking on.

Honestly, the only games I can figure out the VR required-compatible thing of are the few that already have box covers and the few that say `only for PlayStation VR` in their announcements.

Ah, okay. 

In case you ever decide to do it, titles I mentioned go like this:

Summer Lesson - VR exclusive

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 - VR playable

Miku X HD - VR playable

Miku Future Live - VR exclusive

And DRIVECLUB VR is VR playable iirc.

I have not been on lately due to studying but i just wanted to say that I have managed to get tickets to the 'insomnia' video game show in the UK for August bank holiday Monday.

Hopefully there will be some PSVR going on, pictures and videos to follow...

PSVR is coming close now and I am getting excited, hopefully I can spare some time soon.

Ah, okay. 

In case you ever decide to do it, titles I mentioned go like this:

Summer Lesson - VR exclusive

Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 - VR playable

Miku X HD - VR playable

Miku Future Live - VR exclusive

And DRIVECLUB VR is VR playable iirc.

Yeah as far as I can tell Driveclub VR is just all of the game that's already there but in VR. This seems to be the case with all the racing games by the way, none look like they are VR required. I expect the VR required titles from big developers like Rocksteady, EA and Crystal Dynamics have gotten some funding from Sony to get some high profile games on there sooner. The other big budget devs and publishers are probably going to wait and see first. Honestly it's one of the reasons I feel like going day one on VR - to show them that people want this and will get games for this, the more people get VR the more profitable VR games will be.

I have not been on lately due to studying but i just wanted to say that I have managed to get tickets to the 'insomnia' video game show in the UK for August bank holiday Monday.

Hopefully there will be some PSVR going on, pictures and videos to follow...

PSVR is coming close now and I am getting excited, hopefully I can spare some time soon.

Nice, that looks cool. I still want to go to one of those huge gaming events some day, they don't do them like that in The Netherlands.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1

Because it's a spin-off of the Dead or Alive series, Dead or Alive is an international fighting tournament.

Adrift - alone in a space station? Yes please!

You can forget about this one, the devs said they have no intention of adding VR support to the PS4 version even though they did for the PC one.